“Convenient location, good quality hotel”

Hartford Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in East Hartford
River Forest, Illinois
“Convenient location, good quality hotel”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was looking for a hotel near my client's location, and for some reason, the hotels in the area were sold out for the dates I needed. I tried a few hotel sites, and found this hotel. I am not very picky, so I thought the hotel was excellent. Does it need some work, probably, but I found the room had everything I needed, and it did not feel crowded or unkempt. I would stay there again if in the area. Did not eat at the restaurant, got out in the morning before it opened.

Room Tip: It's near the highway, but I did not notice any road noise during my stay
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip. Staff was friendly and the room was nice. The bed was comfy, room was spacious but overall the hotel needs upgrading. The were no outlets near the bed (which isn't a big deal) but more convenience, the furntiture in the room was worn, there was an outlet cover missing and wires were exposed, the bathroom was old/dated and there was something on the bathroom ceiling, not sure if it was mold or what. I didn't have an issues with noise or smells. My suggestions: there should be a complementary light breakfast (that's pretty much standard with hotels now), they should have laundry detergent (or sell it) for the washer and dryer and upgrade the rooms. Bottom line, the price to value is average. It's nothing fancy but it's a convenient and affordable place to stay in a nice area.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th floor facing the main road. A little traffic noise but nothing major. I didn'...
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I checked in early and was surprised that they had a room available. I was kind of impressed by the lobby area and the restaurant connected to it.
The front desk clerks looked kind of sketchy but were nice. The blonde man wearing the over sized blazer looked like an extra from Miami Vice did a line, and seemed to over talk the guy in the hotel uniform but they were both nice all the same. I went up to my room which was at the end of the hall and to my surprise, house keeping wasn't done cleaning it.
They were almost done so I waited and they left.

The hotel seems like it is in the middle of nowhere if you arent familiar with the area and there isnt much around to begin with except office buildings housing and Margarita's.
It was very quiet but the room was something else. It was clean but the chair in the corner had dark spots covering it, it looked like mold (i was scared to sit in it), the ceiling over the shower was also trifling with the ceiling stained a different color and the tub was a bit discolored. The curtains over the window were also disheveled as though someone pulled parts of it down.
The next day I discovered at 11:30 that check out was 11 when I requested a late check out, which is something the receptionist failed to tell me at check in. What kind of place has check out at 11am? There was no one really there also, so they gave me until 1230, so I had to rush to get my bags together, book another hotel, and get out.

Its an okay place if youre just laying your head down but dont overstay.
The fact that it is rated a 3 star has me confused because the Sheraton, Hilton and Hyatt are considered 3 star, this was 2 star at the MOST. Someone fix this please, because a restaurant does not automatically give you an extra star rating.
Spare me Ramada.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and get a better hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank AlienNoir
RobertGrowth, Management Company at Hartford Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you for your review of the Ramada in East Hartford. I apologize for some of the issues you experienced at the hotel. This hotel is currently wrapping up an extensive renovation of the rooms and public areas. We are proud of our renovations but even more so proud of our staff. They have won several accolades for their roles as ambassadors to our hotel.

We work hard to foster an environment where we care about our staff and in return they care for our guests. It appears that this customer associate provided you with a high level of service and again, I am sorry you didn't approve of the way they looked. The hotel is a work in progress and in the next month the renovation will be 100% complete.

Travellers are raving about these East Hartford hotels

Saint Johnsbury, Vermont
Reviewed 15 May 2014

A sign posted in the bathroom "how" the sink works . . . Unless you have that style lavatory who would know to press the center.
Barely warm water for showers @ approx 8a.m.
Advertised there was a microwave in the room which there was not . . . not a big deal!
Front desk staff was very friendly on arrival.
Coffee pot in 412 and alarm clock in 411 not working . . . plug in was changed for the coffee pot and alarm clock - then was ok.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
RobertGrowth, Management Company at Hartford Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Thank you so much for your review of the Ramada in East Hartford. The hotel recently went through an extensive renovation, and we continue to make improvements.

I will make sure that I share your comments with the property and truly appreciate your business. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The hotel was under construction - lots of noise, including an odd "ticking" noise in both my room and in my colleague's room; we kept smelling pot smoke (in the elevator, on the floor hallway); the hotel was sparsely furnished, and did not appear "clean"; the lobby bathroom smelled of sewarge; the bed was HORRIBLE! Hard as a rock (and lumpy!) the sheets were so thin you could see through them, like sheers; we stayed for 5 days but newspapers were only available on 2 of the weekdays; the room was gloomy, the curtains were falling off the rod, the a/c vents were all broken; there was no business office (though one desk cleark did print off materials for me); the shuttle only went to the airport and back, and when we scheduled it, we were told it wasn't available (though it was during the "availabel" hours); The only saving grace for this place was the resturant on the first floor - excellent food - and Margarita's Resturant acrross the street. Other than that, no where to walk to, (no sidewalks!) no where to go, not near anything.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Mg O
Thank you for your recent review. I am very sorry to hear of your experience at the Ramada in East Hartford. This is certainly not normal and the issues you have brought up have been reviewed at the property level.

The hotel has just completed a major renovation and the items you describe are certainly shocking as the entire hotel was updated, including furniture and bedding.

I certainly hope that you will give us another chance to prove our commitment to guest satisfaction.
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Hartford
Red Roof PLUS+ Hartford Downtown
Hilton Hartford
Hilton Hartford
#2 of 12 in Hartford

Been to Hartford Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!