See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 July 2014

For starters once I entered the hotel it smelled like marijuana! Then once I get to the room its dirty. There was mold on the ceiling of the bathroom, toe nail clippings next to the bed, and dust on the night stand that looked like it have been there for 6 months. The desk chair was broken, and had torn fabric on it. The air condition filter was old and dusty. Hair in the tub. Dusty, Dirty, Dingy. To top it off, no towels were placed in the room. Looks like they just remodeled, but that was just a distraction from the filthiness. Never will stay there again. The only good part was the nice manager up front, and that beautiful bar. If only they would get some good house keeping....

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I checked out of this hotel today. Let me start by saying it smelled I went out bought air freshener to make it better. The sheets on the bed were dirty and had cigarette burn on it. The mattresses were stained and the corner of the rooms had spider webs. We called the front desk and the woman told us she couldn't do anything about it. (thank god I bought my own sheets). The next morning I saw housekeeping on my floor on my way out and I told them as well as the trash needed to be taking out. Came back later in the evening to find that they didn't do anything. Called the front desk again the lad informed that she was alone and couldn't help us. NEVER AGAIN

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one night and the front desk was not accommodating of my request at all for a king bed. They said I have no choice but to get two double beds. I had no choice cause I pre booked it. Anyhow the floors were dirty and there was this constant exhaust noise coming out of the bathroom. The toilet was also making noises. I thought it was haunted lol.

At night I came down to get a drink and the two men at the front desk were giving me the most random look (like as if i wasnt allowed to be there).

The bed was flimsy and not enough blanket/sheets to keep me warm.
Oh well. I probably wont stay here unless i really have no choice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2014

If you are coming through town and simply need a place to sleep in the evening, get up by 7AM and get back on the road, the Ramada is the way to go. The rooms were actually clean, the shower, nicely appointed and the bar downstairs had a surprisingly large beer selection. Do not stay here for Holiday! But if you are driving through and want to spend less than $100 after tax, feel comfortable in your choice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
RobertGrowth, Management Company Rep at Hartford Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for your review of the Ramada in East Hartford. We have just completed an extensive renovation of this property. All rooms have been refreshed along with updates to our large meeting spaces.

Our onsite restaurant, Nolita Restaurante does have a very extensive "craft" beer selection. Nolita's also has an incredible menu which has won accolades from locals and guests.

The indoor pool will re-open soon which we believe is perfect for a family vacation!