“Go to 5 guys instead”

Hartford
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Go to 5 guys instead”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Just tried Jakes for the first time and probably the last. Burgers are very greasy, topping amount leaves a lot to be desired, bun became very soggy very quickly. If the fries were hot they might have been OK but were cold and nothing special. Way to expensive for what you get. I'd drive out of my way for 5 Guys but not for a meal this disappointing.

1 Thank Diarva

Boston North Shore
“Good burger”
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Sort of fast food, but true, fresh made burgers. Beats Mickie D',s B King, Wendy's, etc. Whatever trimmings you want; grilled onions, etc.

Visited January 2013
windsor locks, ct
“Quick Bites”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Burgers good, waitstaff friendly and helpful. I never go to a restaurant without my husband or someone else, but I needed a quick bite and it filled the bill. Would go again.

Visited June 2012
“price”
Reviewed 16 October 2012

food is great . the price is a little high. location is in a bad spot for on and off the road. service was great and the place is very clean.

Visited September 2012
Storrs, Connecticut
“Absolutely Inedible!!!!”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We just got back from Jakes in East Windsor CT and we are still trying to figure out how to get this horrendous taste out of our mouths. I can only describe it as a metallic fishy taste. We had the onion rings, burgers and shakes. All I can determine at this point is that the onion rings were deep fried in oil that was used to pack herring or the frialator hasn't been cleaned in a month and a half. The burgers were greasy and the milkshakes poor to average. The banana milkshake had that fake banana flavor that was once used in antibiotics for children. We’re now sitting here hoping that we will not be waking up at 3 A.M. in the morning with the worst of it. All I can suggest for the unsuspecting is STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!

• Visited June 2012