Rodeway Inn & Suites
US$77
US$66
US$133
SpringHill Suites
All reviewsextra minuteseggs and sausagemini fridge and microwaverite aidthe rooms were nicepark flyan early morning flightking roomone night stayclose to the airportoj
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I frequent hartford often and Clarion is my hotel of choice. I always check in with Morgan who makes sures I'm well accomodated. All the negative reviews about the Clarion are false. They have a great workout room, laundry, a beautiful pool in the summer, and plenty of parking. 24 hour shuttle to and from the airport. I have no complaints..I will be staying here again and again. 8 minutes from Springfield, MA, about 12 to downtown Hartford and 5 to bradley Airport. Thank you Morgan and the entire staff for your friendliness, clealiness of the rooms, and making sure my stay is as pleasurable as possible! What more can I say...:)

Room Tip: Nice Suites on second floor
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
gmclarion2488, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to respond to this survey, I will share it with my staff. I would like to thank you for your repeat visits to our Clarion Inn & Suites hotel. It's always a pleasure to serve you. I will also let Morgan know what a fantastic job she is doing as well as the entire staff. We look forward to you joining us again and I would love to say Hi, just stop by the front desk and ask for me! Until then have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

If you are a man or a family, this place should be fine. From the moment I walked into the room I wanted to leave. My 1st floor room - located too far from the front desk, had a flimsy sliding glass door that led out to a small patio and pool area - perfect for a family, but as a single woman, the 1st floor room and the flimsy sliding door gave me the creeps. I pushed the desk in front of it to make me feel more secure. Later, I drove around a bit looking for a bite to eat - the neighborhood was VERY iffy. My choices were dive bars, low-end Chinese or lower-end pizza. Great. Back at the hotel, a number of truckers were now hanging around the entrance, parking areas and hallways. Again - as a single woman travelling alone this gave me the creeps. My room was not especially clean or fresh smelling, there was lousy reception on all TV channels (very old set), and intolerably loud bathroom light/fan fixtures in mine & surrounding rooms, which caused all ajacent rooms to vibrate when any were in use.

My advice is if you're a guy or a family with kids, this place is probably fine - especially when that pool is open in the summer. But a woman travelling alone should drive another mile, spring the extra $20 per night and stay someplace where you can eat decent food nearby and more importantly - feel safe and get a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to respond to this survey, I will share it with my staff. I would like to thank you for your recent visit to our Clarion Inn & Suites hotel. I would at this time like to apologize for you not feeling comfortable, especially on the 1st floor. We do have 2nd floor rooms which I am sure you would of been comfortable in, we also have suites which I am sure you would of loved, if you do travel through our area again I would love to show you one of them. It is our goal to try and accomodate our guests, we do hope you try us again in the future. If you have time to talk please give me a call at your earliest convienience, I can be reached at 860-623-9411 x302, I am here to listen and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

The first room on the first floor was muggy smelled like smoke an alcohol. asked for upstairs little better old carpet. The bathroom pipes fall apart old cracked tiles and dark green spots on shower. Badly needs renovation. The catch was hot breakfast, the boiled eggs were done by 930am. The only plus was clean sheets if you ask to have them changed. It was a hidden name, last minute buy, wont do that again.

Room Tip: "Upstairs is you can walk upstairs no elevator"
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to respond to this survey, I will share it with my staff. I would like to thank you for your recent visit to our Clarion Inn & Suites hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. I hope that the accommodations and service were to your liking, as complete satisfaction is our goal at the Clarion Inn & Suites. We would love the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest. I would at this time like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay and would love to talk about your experience, I am here to listen please give me a call at 860-623-9411 x302. I look forward to

Reviewed 15 January 2013

Room smelled of urine as soon as I entered. Horrible feeling to be welcomed like that. Carpets were old and soiled. Bathroom was dirty with hairs everywhere. There is a sketchy bar attached to this property which attracts sketchy people. Don't subject yourself or your family to this!

Room Tip: Stay in Windsor Locks rather than East Windsor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank U99A

Thank you for taking the time to respond to this survey, I will share it with my staff I would like to thank you for your recent visit to our Clarion Inn & Suites hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. I hope that the accommodations and service were to your liking, as complete satisfaction is our goal at the Clarion Inn & Suites. We would love the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest. I would at this time like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay and would love to talk about your experience, I am here to listen please give me a call at 860-623-9411 x302. I also would like to apologize for your experience in the lounge, I will let the owners of the lounge know. I again look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

My work requires me to be in the Hartford area 3-5 days every week. Problem is my company doesn't pay expenses, so I needed to find a reasonable, decent hotel. I searched various travel websites and found a good deal for the Clarion Inn through a "secret" no-name search on one site. I've always been leery of these searches, especially after trying it on another hotel in the Hartford area - that one was awful. But the Clarion is fine. Not fancy or luxurious, but fine for business travel. Lobby is nice. Rooms are OK; could use some updating. Best thing is the towels are great! TVs are old style tubes, not flat screen HD. Mini fridge and microwave. It has a small gym; 2 treadmills, elliptical, bike all with built-in TVs, plus a weight machine. Only an outdoor pool. Complimentary breakfast is nothing special, but does the trick.
The folks at the front desk are great. Very friendly and accommodating both in the AM and PM. If you stay frequently enough they greet you like you are home.
I would recommend the hotel for business travel, not vacation. Adequate, resonable price, nice front desk staff.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business