“this is more like a 1 star”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in East Windsor
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I have stayed here a few times because of using "Priceline" and that is what the bid gave me. It is the reason I don't bid on what is supposed to be the star level of this hotel anymore. I have stayed at other "Choice Hotels" and they have been wonderful. The rooms are not clean, the only area that is nice is the main hall where you check-in.

Room Tip: try to get a clean room
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank abr1231
gmclarion2488, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

I would like to thank you for your recent visit to our Clarion Inn & Suites in East Windsor. At this time I would like to apologize for any inconvienience that you have stated on your room. have addressed this issue with my housekeeping staff, and they also have apologized. We would love the pleasure of seeing you again in the future, if you would like to contact me directly I would love the opprtunity to give you an upgrade for a future staqy with us. If you would like to call me I can be reached at 860-623-9411 x302. I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Had to go to this hotel after a previous hotel room was not available at another hotel. The stay was for one night, but they were very accomadating to me. Room was nice and was big enough to be comfortable. Not huge, but nice. The hot breakfast was good. Not an elaborate breakfast, but still good. Would stay here again if they opportunity arrived.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was truly a pleasure to serve you here at the Clarion Inn & Suites in East Windsor. We are happy that you enjoyed our hot breakfast buffet, which includes a waffle maker, eggs, sausge, bagels, cereals, pastry and much more. We do hope you return in the future and maybe at that time try out our lovely Suites. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

I need a cheap room for one night near the airport. Got the Clarion for $42 on priceline. I wanted a room with a flat screen TV. Despite getting the room on P/L, they did accommodated me after 3 room changes (one via a maintenance guy that knew a room that had one).

Pro: comfy bed, spacious room, plenty of hot room in the shower.
Con: the exterior room sink did not have very hot water, no microwave in the room (however, I think this room [#253] was just updated because the mini fridge and flat screen TV were there so that wasn't a big deal (and the other two rooms did have microwaves), old phones (could not set a wake up time manually;had to call the front desk). And the HDTV was not set up for HD viewing and the remote was a generic remote so I could not fix that so I got a 19" screen viewing of Revolution on a 32" screen--too lazy to call the front desk over this).

Extra points: Staff was very, very professional. I left my cell phone in the room but did not notice until I had already returned my rental car. The hotel mailed it back to me (by charging my CC) and I had it back in two days. So I will bump the a point to 4 out of 5.

Room Tip: The bottom floors have both a hallway door entrance and an outdoor entrance (for pool access). For...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

I would like to thank you for your recent visit to our Clarion Inn & Suites hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We do take great pride in serving our guests, I am happy we were able to locate your cell phone and returning it to you safely via mail. Our outdoor pool is now open and we do hope you return in the futgure. We look forward to speeing you again.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

I used a coupon from the travelers booklets that you find at McDonalds so the price was very reasonable. I was meeting my daughter who was coming in very late at nearby Bradley airport so the location was perfect. I particularly liked the very easy temperature controls in the room because I love to sleep in cool rooms. The morning breakfast was fast, convenient and varied and was self service in a lovely restaurant setting. But in my view, the icing on the cake was the lovely plate of individually wrapped chocolate chip cookies right at the check in counter, along with a nearby beverage center that self served coffee ,tea and hot chocolate. The cookies were still available at checkout, and also in the middle of the night for insomniacs. Great touch.

Room Tip: We were conveniently near the front desk but I don't think there is a bad location
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I would like to thank you for your recent visit to our Clarion Inn & Suites hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We are happy that you enjoyed our hot continenatl breakfast buffet, with our variety of selections. My staff prides themelves with baking cookies dailoy to serve our guests at check in, we are so mhappy that you enjoyed them. We would love the pleasure of seeing you again in the future! We look forward to serving you and your daughter again.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Park-Sleep-Fly: Room shabby, but pleasant staff and OK for a quick overnight. Bag breakfast and shuttle to airport at 5 AM were fine. BUT returning we waited over an hour for pick-up in the cold wind after a trip to a tropical paradise. The "return van" was smaller than the first and there were six of us plus luggage to fit in. The other family included an elderly man, and we had a young grandson with us. A lot of "pass-the-buck" that no-one had notified the van driver (I had called the hotel THREE times and been told driver was "on the way")....rather aggravating.
Will Clarion pay for my doctor visit for a VERY bad sinus infection???
BHS

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
gmclarion2488, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I will share it with my staff. I would like to thank you for your recent visit to our Clarion Inn & Suites hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We do take great pride in our 24 hour Park & Fly shuttle service. At this time I would like to apologize for the inconvienience on your trip back from tropical paradise. We agree you should not of had to wait outside for any lenghth of time. I have already addressed this issue with my staff, and they also have apologized. We would love the pleasure of seeing you again in the future and using our 24 hour shuttle service for your tropical experiences. If you would like to call and talk, I am here to listen please give me a call at 860-623-9411 x302. I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

This hotel is not very close to the airport. So make sure you realize that. The shuttle will still pick you up and drop you off (mine even brought me to the rental car place), but it's by no means close to the airport. Expect a 20 minute drive—plan on that when you call for a pickup.

The rooms are slightly dated and are closer, in my opinion, to a 2 star hotel in quality. But this was an okay stay. No major complaints. Bathroom counter was nicely remodeled.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CultureCouple2
gmclarion2488, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

Dear: Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I will share it with my staff. I would like to thank you for your recent visit to our Clarion Inn & Suites hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. I hope that the accommodations and service were to your liking, as complete satisfaction is our goal at the Clarion Inn & Suites. We would love the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest. I would at this time like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay and would love to talk about your experience, I am here to listen please give me a call at 860-623-9411 x302. I look forward to

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Delta cancelled our flight out of Bradley International and gave us a voucher for this hotel, which is nowhere remotely near the airport. Our first mistake was not checking reviews first. Our second mistake was not checking out after we saw the room. Worn, torn carpeting, dirty walls, bathtub a mess, dilapidated heating/cooling unit, etc. There is no reason to stay here. None.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Returner8080
gmclarion2488, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to respond to this survey, I will share it with my staff. I would like to thank you for your recent visit to our Clarion Inn & Suites hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.
I would at this time like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay, we know how frustrating canceled flights can be and we do try to accomodate a 24 hour shuttle service to and from Bradley International Airport for theses reasons. We would love the pleasure of seeing you and your family again in the future, If you would like to talk about a future stay, I am here to listen please give me a call at 860-623-9411 x302. I look forward to hearing from you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Windsor
Baymont Inn & Suites East Windsor Bradley Airport
Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hartford - Bradley Airport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!