“Good DZ for a Tandem Jump”

Connecticut Parachutists Inc.
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Ellington
Type: Other
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Instructors, friendly patient staff! We went with a group making birthday/first jumps and they had a wonderful expierence!

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Great experience at Connecticut Parachutist. Everyone here is very friendly and professional. I was a little nervous at first but with the encouragement from my friend Andrew and all the divers I felt safe. I could tell that everyone knew what they were doing and had safety as a concern at all times. There were a couple things if that I didn't particular like if I have to choose. One it was a little difficult to find but that could just be cause my friends and i have no sense of direction. A bigger sign could have helped. Also, I do not like how you only get a raincheck if you don't jump. I feel if I didn't get to jump I should be entitled to a refund and I strongly believe that if a person was willing to go that time he or she will end up coming back. So a refund would be nice cause one of my friends didn't get to jump. Wasn't their fault just safety precautions due to bas weather. But, it would have been nice if he got his money back. Anyway, free-falling is like no other experience I have ever felt. Totally worth the money and time. GET A VIDEO and PICS. Worth it! And go with Lindsay she is awesome and is good at what she does. Thanks CT Parachutist you guys rock. Especially Lindsay! See you again!

2  Thank MJoseph8792
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I just went to Connecticut Parachutists Inc. today and it was absolutely incredible. As soon as I entered the employees made me feel so welcome. Due to cloudy weather conditions the schedule was backed up by about 4 hours so we had a pretty long wait but it was totally worth it. It was a fun location to just sit and hang out. We got to watch several parachutists fly before us and it got us even more excited. They kept us entertained and reassured about our flight. By the time we were ready to fly, the professional divers put us in a state of calm and let us know we would be safe and have an exceptional experience-- which we did. Not once did I feel unsure of my safety. They were organized and fun and gave me the thrill of a lifetime and made it worth every single penny. I would not change a thing about Connecticut Parachutists Inc and I would highly recommend it. Being just the ripe old age of 18 I had no problem skydiving and I had not one chance to feel unsure of my safety. Do not turn this opportunity down or else you will regret it. Enjoy! I will be back to enjoy the experience many more times in my days to come!

3  Thank Lizzy G
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I was petrified the first time I did a tandem jump at Ellington five years ago at age 59. Since then, however, I've gone back every year to do a jump and intend to jump for the sixth time this summer. One of my sons has done three tandems at Ellington. One of the best times was last year when my son and I went up in the plane together and jumped one right after the other. I love the friendly atmosphere at the drop zone and the people are the greatest!”

2  Thank Paula_5_tandems
A TripAdvisor Member
Milford, Ct.
Reviewed 7 May 2005

I've always wanted to jump out of an airplane (I know, why jump from a perfectly good airplane?) and a co-worker told me about a place in Ellington, Ct. at the Ellington Airport.
It was a jump club called Connecticut Parachustists Inc.
We called them up, went up to the drop zone and found the best group of people there, they were very helpful, calming, seemed to know what they were doing and extremely funny.
I was scared, but excited at the same time, it cost $200.00 for the tandem jump, and the best part was the tandem master did all of the work.
If you are in Ellington, or are looking for the most fun you can legally have in an afternoon try this out, you won't be sorry.

19  Thank A TripAdvisor Member