“Wow gross”

Motel 6 Hartford-Enfield
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Enfield
“Wow gross”
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

Ur basic motel 6!! Dirty small worn run down n a total jip!! Thin sheets; towels; everything!! This property was terrible it smelled so bad n the sheets were nasty. Location great but that's it. Enfield mall is a huge joke. Wanted Chinese but good buffet across street closed. Near target. Stop&shop. Big y. CVS. Subway. Shop rite ect

• Stayed January 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Western NY
Reviewed 5 December 2012

We made several trips this year to attend equine events so our budget was stretched. I had fairly consistent luck with motel 6 so I gave it a try.

We were going to two days of an equine event at the Eastern States Exposition Center in West Springfield MA. About 7 miles from this Motel.

I made reservations online and the room was to be about $50 a night for My wife, 19 YO daughter and I.

I called in for a late arrival. When we found the hotel (our GPS had us get off an exit early) there was a couple police cars blocking the driveway. We drove around through the back drive and went in. It seemed there was a hotel patron that was having an emotional outburst and had to be subdued. We thought about the Red Roof Inn across the street but checked in anyhow.

I am very discriminating and this is what I found: It was a standard two small double bed room with an older CRT tv. The bathroom had the sink outside the bath tub/toilet area. The toilet seat did not have a cover to sit on. Just the style, not broken. I like to run into dark rooms and turn on the lights and look for bugs. No bugs were found. It was clean. The sheets were clean but worn. I should have a black light to go with me but I think my wife would kill me.

It was difficult to sleep on the bed with two larger adults. We have a king bed at home. There was a little noise from the neighboring rooms. It didn't bother me bit did affect my wife.

Writing this review 4 weeks later it is hard for me to say it was a bad place because all I know at this point is it only cost me $50 a night.

There was no continental breakfast. We went to the Dunkin donuts nearby at a cost of about $15 for three of us. Choosing a hotel with a breakfast would have saved that. but would I find one for $65? Probably not. The area was not bad. We felt safe in the area but some of the customers were scary, however ours was not the only new car in the parking lot.

Would I stay here again? Probably, if I only need a place to sleep. If I planned to spend any time there at all, I'd stay somewhere else.

At $50 a night for a place to sleep shower and shave for three people, not a bad deal!

Room Tip: I think the second floor rooms are probably cleaner and less worn!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Spuddy98
USA
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I have always understood that Motel 6 was good basic accomodation. I stayed over Thanksgiving Weekend for 3 days. The first night I thought the room just didn't get a good going over from the night before and that can happen. I made a point of asking that the food crumbs around the microwave that were on the floor be swept up and the mold in the shower be cleaned. They were NOT for the entire time that I stayed. Blankets had holes, sheets thinner than the cheap tissue in the bathroom. I am surprised Motel 6 lets them use their good name. There are two other motels close. Pass this one by.

Room Tip: Very small rooms!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank ezst

Travellers are raving about these Enfield hotels

Endicott, New York, United States
Reviewed 6 October 2012

OK...so I picked this hotel due to the fact that prices were low and we needed two rooms for two nights and that can add up. I thought what a great deal- but YUCK- we couldn't get out of here fast enough.

Our baby has horrible Asthma and I am very,very picky on mold,cigerette smoke, or animal hair. Upon entering our first room it smelled really bad like an animal had been in there. The tub was very dirty and the carpets did not look vacuumed. The second room smelled musty,the furniture was chipped and falling apart, there was mold on the floor by the refridgerator, but the final straw was the really big COCKROACH looking bug.

We very quickly got our money back and went across the street to the Red Roof Inn.

On a good note...the lady at the check-in counter was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Bunkyz1
Reviewed 11 July 2012 via mobile

We were passing through and wanted a place close to 6 Flags.
We were very pleasantly surprised by the freshly painted, clean rooms.
We had two beds and it was a little tight, but we were very happy with the accomodations that were very reasonably priced.
The people who served us were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2012
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I have nothing bad against that Motel 6. Keeping in mind it is a motel and not a five-star hotel, I found exactly what I expected to find. The place is clean and silent. The beds are comfortable and the people are nice. I stayed there for one weekend and then travelled to Vermont, but I already left my next stayed booked and paid.
I have a permanent place to stay in Enfield nowadays, but if I didn't I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ana S
Upstate NY
Reviewed 27 November 2011

This motel claims to be pet friendly and happy to see folks - we were there for the BIg dog show over this weekend - you would think they would welcome money - well, there were no good greetings for this travelor. I had reserved a handicapped room (yes, I have a disabilty), non smoking - the man questioned my 'condition', convinced me to take another first floor room which did have a smoky smell,. the staff took my dirty towels each day, and each night I had to ask for replacements (they took but did not give). the door was hard to close (had to use the key card to get the lock off), use my body to open it (it stuck). the room had no carpet but they did not even sweep - and there was dirt on the floor from my shoes. Wifi did not work, there were about 8 channels (not what they advertise).
I will NOT go back here next year - my friend is convinced they are passive-aggessive ab out the dogs thus no towels.

Room Tip: Pray????- I doubt there are any
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Pemcorgi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Red Roof Inn
#1 of 4 in East Windsor
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in East Windsor

Been to Motel 6 Hartford-Enfield? Share your experiences!