“Motel 6” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Enfield
Montreal, Canada
“Motel 6”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

The rooms were very clean, airconditioning worked great as it was very hot when we were there, free wifi in your room, and the staff was very friendly. They are pet friendly also, restaurants and stores were very close by. There is no pool, but they do have a laundry mat and vending machines for drinks.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Stonington, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

I am not a picky person at all and figure you get what you pay for. This place, however, was worth about $5 a nite. We found a box of condoms in the bathroom, which makes you wonder how well it was cleaned. The tub had about 6 months worth of scum and grime (which should be the name of the motel!). We found another condom in the parking lot. I have a feeling this may be a "no-tell motel" and it should be avoided at all costs if you are traveling alone or with children. I'm serious about this...I was awakened by screaming and yelling in the nite, so loud I had to turn on the air unit just to drown it out. The sheets were clean, I think...but the blanket looked like it was from WWII, it was so worn out. At $65 for the night, I expected it to at least be inhabitable, but I wouldn't stay there again if they paid ME to stay there!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Enfield hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed here this past weekend for our trip to Six Flags. I was looking just for a place to sleep and that is what I got. We paid 50 dollars for the room and did not expect much. The room was pretty beat up to say the least. The bed I thought was clean but I found a rather large dog poo under the bed, along with several large urine stains on the boxspring. I will never stay here again, the red roof next door is much better quality.

• Stayed May 2013
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

Ur basic motel 6!! Dirty small worn run down n a total jip!! Thin sheets; towels; everything!! This property was terrible it smelled so bad n the sheets were nasty. Location great but that's it. Enfield mall is a huge joke. Wanted Chinese but good buffet across street closed. Near target. Stop&shop. Big y. CVS. Subway. Shop rite ect

• Stayed January 2013
Western NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

We made several trips this year to attend equine events so our budget was stretched. I had fairly consistent luck with motel 6 so I gave it a try.

We were going to two days of an equine event at the Eastern States Exposition Center in West Springfield MA. About 7 miles from this Motel.

I made reservations online and the room was to be about $50 a night for My wife, 19 YO daughter and I.

I called in for a late arrival. When we found the hotel (our GPS had us get off an exit early) there was a couple police cars blocking the driveway. We drove around through the back drive and went in. It seemed there was a hotel patron that was having an emotional outburst and had to be subdued. We thought about the Red Roof Inn across the street but checked in anyhow.

I am very discriminating and this is what I found: It was a standard two small double bed room with an older CRT tv. The bathroom had the sink outside the bath tub/toilet area. The toilet seat did not have a cover to sit on. Just the style, not broken. I like to run into dark rooms and turn on the lights and look for bugs. No bugs were found. It was clean. The sheets were clean but worn. I should have a black light to go with me but I think my wife would kill me.

It was difficult to sleep on the bed with two larger adults. We have a king bed at home. There was a little noise from the neighboring rooms. It didn't bother me bit did affect my wife.

Writing this review 4 weeks later it is hard for me to say it was a bad place because all I know at this point is it only cost me $50 a night.

There was no continental breakfast. We went to the Dunkin donuts nearby at a cost of about $15 for three of us. Choosing a hotel with a breakfast would have saved that. but would I find one for $65? Probably not. The area was not bad. We felt safe in the area but some of the customers were scary, however ours was not the only new car in the parking lot.

Would I stay here again? Probably, if I only need a place to sleep. If I planned to spend any time there at all, I'd stay somewhere else.

At $50 a night for a place to sleep shower and shave for three people, not a bad deal!

Room Tip: I think the second floor rooms are probably cleaner and less worn!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Spuddy98
USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

I have always understood that Motel 6 was good basic accomodation. I stayed over Thanksgiving Weekend for 3 days. The first night I thought the room just didn't get a good going over from the night before and that can happen. I made a point of asking that the food crumbs around the microwave that were on the floor be swept up and the mold in the shower be cleaned. They were NOT for the entire time that I stayed. Blankets had holes, sheets thinner than the cheap tissue in the bathroom. I am surprised Motel 6 lets them use their good name. There are two other motels close. Pass this one by.

Room Tip: Very small rooms!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank ezst
Endicott, New York, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

OK...so I picked this hotel due to the fact that prices were low and we needed two rooms for two nights and that can add up. I thought what a great deal- but YUCK- we couldn't get out of here fast enough.

Our baby has horrible Asthma and I am very,very picky on mold,cigerette smoke, or animal hair. Upon entering our first room it smelled really bad like an animal had been in there. The tub was very dirty and the carpets did not look vacuumed. The second room smelled musty,the furniture was chipped and falling apart, there was mold on the floor by the refridgerator, but the final straw was the really big COCKROACH looking bug.

We very quickly got our money back and went across the street to the Red Roof Inn.

On a good note...the lady at the check-in counter was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Bunkyz1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Red Roof Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
Comfort Inn East Windsor
Comfort Inn East Windsor
#1 of 4 in East Windsor

Been to Motel 6 Hartford-Enfield? Share your experiences!