“Nightmare”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Enfield
Miami, Florida
“Nightmare”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I am disabled and had requested two weeks prior a ground floor room with a king size bed, I got a queen bed. I was in room 150, the next door room (148) was rented to a prostitute for two nights. The noise went on until 2 AM. I could not call the front desk because the telephone did not work. The Wi-Fi had only 3-2 bars and what takes an hour to finish at home, took me three; the noise next door did not help. There was only two electric outlets for the fridge, the TV and the Microwave; you had to plug, and unplug the cords to use all three appliances in one evening. In 33 years of business travel, I have never been so disappointed, and I had never stayed at Motel 6 before, and I do not plan to revisit this experience ever again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank cubancomet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We were looking for a very inexpensive hotel near Six Flags New England, just for an overnight sleep, clean and nothing fancy. Yes, we were pleasantly surprised. Ok there is nothing extra in room, basic, very basic, no shampoos, no hair dryer. You have to ask for a renovated room, to get the experience I am speaking of. We had a room with 2 doubles. One of which was pretty much against the air conditioning unit. However according to Alex, the manager, there are 4 two bed queen rooms that are larger. The online reservation service will not have the specific details of each room, so it is best to book directly with the hotel. Alex was extremely helpful, courteous and confident in his product.

There are two microwaves, a vending machine, ice machines and washer and dryer in the ground floor vending room. Free coffee in the morning, but if you can't handle theirs, there is a Starbucks and subway next door.

So the hotel was what it was, no frills, extremely basic, but with a renovated room, you will be pleasantly surprised also. The hotel's mandate is to have all rooms renovated by 2014.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated room, two queen beds instead of two doubles, the room is larger, hotel only has fo...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Meriden
Reviewed 6 July 2013

This was my 2nd stay there this year and what a difference a couple of months make. I chose Motel 6 because they are pet friendly and I was attending dog show in W. Springfield MA. For the first reservation I got what I asked for and the room was pretty good. The 2nd reservation was another story. I unknowingly requested a queen bed, not realizing that word bed was missing an s. Why make that an option on the Motel 6 website, for this motel, if they don't have any rooms with just 1 queen bed? When I checked in and got to the room it was 2 double beds. When I questioned the reservation the front desk person said that I had requested 1 queen bed but since they didn't have a room like that so they gave me 2 double beds. When I asked how a request for a queen size bed equaled a double she just stared at me. After about 30 seconds she said that it was the holiday weekend and they didn't have any more queen bed rooms but I could check back in the morning to see if anyone checked out. By then we would have been settled into the room and I wouldn't want to have to transfer everything to a new room.

When I got back to the room I found there was no remote for the TV, back to the front desk. The person at the front desk pulled out a remote from a draw, pointed it at something in the room behind the front desk, banged it against his palm and said it "should" work. Fortunately it did. Another problem was just about every time you opened the door the handle came off in your hand. I reminded the front desk about that at checkout. We also found a previous guest's panties hanging on the hook in the bath room.

We had no service to the room the day after we checked in and when I went to the front desk to report this, and ask for clean towels, without even checking, the person at the front desk said that it wasn't serviced because there were dogs in the room. I informed this person that all of us, including the dogs had left at 7:15 am and hadn't returned until now (5 pm). No apology but we did get clean towels about an hour later. We also didn't find out that there was a specific place to take the dogs to do their duty until someone yelled at us for allowing them do their duty in the wrong place. I'm not sure I will stay here again if I can get a reservation somewhere else that allows more than 1 dog.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank DogShowTraveler13_13
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 3 July 2013

The rooms were very clean, airconditioning worked great as it was very hot when we were there, free wifi in your room, and the staff was very friendly. They are pet friendly also, restaurants and stores were very close by. There is no pool, but they do have a laundry mat and vending machines for drinks.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Stonington, Maine
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I am not a picky person at all and figure you get what you pay for. This place, however, was worth about $5 a nite. We found a box of condoms in the bathroom, which makes you wonder how well it was cleaned. The tub had about 6 months worth of scum and grime (which should be the name of the motel!). We found another condom in the parking lot. I have a feeling this may be a "no-tell motel" and it should be avoided at all costs if you are traveling alone or with children. I'm serious about this...I was awakened by screaming and yelling in the nite, so loud I had to turn on the air unit just to drown it out. The sheets were clean, I think...but the blanket looked like it was from WWII, it was so worn out. At $65 for the night, I expected it to at least be inhabitable, but I wouldn't stay there again if they paid ME to stay there!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Enfield hotels

Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed here this past weekend for our trip to Six Flags. I was looking just for a place to sleep and that is what I got. We paid 50 dollars for the room and did not expect much. The room was pretty beat up to say the least. The bed I thought was clean but I found a rather large dog poo under the bed, along with several large urine stains on the boxspring. I will never stay here again, the red roof next door is much better quality.

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

Ur basic motel 6!! Dirty small worn run down n a total jip!! Thin sheets; towels; everything!! This property was terrible it smelled so bad n the sheets were nasty. Location great but that's it. Enfield mall is a huge joke. Wanted Chinese but good buffet across street closed. Near target. Stop&shop. Big y. CVS. Subway. Shop rite ect

• Stayed January 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Red Roof Inn
#1 of 4 in East Windsor
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in East Windsor

Been to Motel 6 Hartford-Enfield? Share your experiences!