“Clean room, building needs some attention”

Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Enfield
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Was traveling for business. My room was clean and the halls quiet overnight. Felt the building could use some rehab. This building the Holiday Inn is in has turned over several times. Front desk staff very helpful and was able to handle an issue in my room with professionalism. This is a good "stop over" hotel as its location is right off the highway. It did the job. I think the breakfast could be set up better. It's not clear what the continental vs the full breakfast is. Dishwasher was broken first morning I was there so we had to use disposable plates and utensils.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Dear OnTheHill33,

Thank you for your review and enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comment, we truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. Please accept my apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

Again, I wish to thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to our area.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 15 May 2013

In Springfield Ma. for a trade show and stayed at the Holiday Inn Enfield. The check in process was laborious as the folks at the check in counter felt that the potential customers calling their phone were more important than the customers standing in front of them. The check in person assured me that my Priority Club status was recognized after spending 5 minutes fighting with the computer, but that was not the case. No newspaper in the morning, and no points added to the account. The 1st thing I noticed when I entered my room was a running water noise so I took off the top of the toilet to see the toilet needed repair to stop running. I just closed the door so I didn't have to listen to it. Apparently house keeping doesn't report this stuff. The price, however, was under one hundred dollars which made the water running less obnoxious. The bar was good with $4 happy hour drinks. The morning buffet was pretty decent. The scrambled eggs were pretty runny though. All in all, it could have been much worse.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
GMHolidayInnENF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Michael W,

Thank you for your feedback, and I wish to apologize for what should have never been. Problems with your stay could have been prevented and I personally take responsibility for those short comings. We strive for five on TripAdvisor, and will utilize your feedback as part of a training opportunity regarding the guests perception, additionally, we will be reaching out to you.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Being a vegetarian family we had a difficult time picking out a filling meal for dinner with not many options on your menu. Jim and Kevin went out of their way to piece together a smorgasbord of appropriate food. We were very appreciative for this service as they went out of their way to accommodate us.

• Stayed: April 2013
GMHolidayInnENF, Manager at Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

DMB4ever,

Thank you for your feedback. We certainly try to please everyone's pallet and will make it a point to revisit our vegetarian options in the New Panini Grill and Bar menu. Thank you for recognizing members of the staff who you felt helped make a difference with your stay, always the best kind of feedback. We welcome you back anytime.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

I was here for a tradeshow recently and the service we received went above and beyond any expectations. Kevin, the banquet manager, was attentive to all of our needs. The sleeping rooms were just right and comfortable. The breakfast buffet hit the spot and looked fresh all three mornings we were there. They dinner buffet wasn't as good as breakfast though. The first night we ordered off the menu and it took an awful long time for a sandwich. The second night, Kevin, again was there to help out and took very good care of us. We look forward to coming back next year.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
GMHolidayInnENF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

iamthewanker, thank you for the kinds words regarding one of best managers in Kevin. He is surely a hospitality professional, and I am happy you were able to witness and experience his first class efforts.

My apologies on the slow dinner service and thank you again for your feedback that I can share with our culinary team.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

Had a wonderfully enjoyable stay at the Holiday Inn in Enfield! We received a warm, hospitable greeting by Megan at the front desk and a speedy delivery of additional items we requested! Having stayed here at least 5 times before, I can say that the facility is always clean and comfortable. The newly remodeled bar and restaurant have an inviting ambiance and the staff so friendly! The bartender was personable and engaging. The hot breakfast buffet has an enormous assortment of delicious food and even omelettes made to your liking. I can certainly vouch for the cook's delicious and creative touch to the menu, too! It's my #1 choice of hotels to stay at whether I'm visiting in CT or Western Mass.

• Stayed: April 2013
GMHolidayInnENF, Manager at Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Tootsy! Welcome back and thank you for sharing your enjoyment of our facility! I surely remember you, and Happy Birthday once again. Glad we were able to contribute to your great day!

Reviewed 20 April 2013

Such great hospitality! Luis was so awesome to our party. He made sure to introduce himself and ask us if we needed anything every time we walked by. Friendly and accommodating, something we definitely look for while traveling. Thank you Luis! And thank you Sir Bob! We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Double rooms, beds are extremely comfortable. Didn't want to get up.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for recognizing our staff and the great service we provided. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Nice accomodations, clean and quiet. Ray, the House Manager, was excellant. I got a flat tire on the property and did not have my AAA renwed and I was running low on cash at the end of the stay! Ray was very accomodating in helping me with the situation and changed my tire for me. I don't know what I would of done. He offered assistance without question and was very friendly while helping.Other staff also went out of their way to be friendly and accomodating. You'll find Vinny at the Front Desk, who brought my sandwich up to the room even though I did not order room service and Jim at the bar was very friendly to all us cheer moms getting through this weekend's competition. I hope they are all recognized because they made an what could of been an OK stay, an excellant stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for the kind words. We value your opinion and feedback. See you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Hampton Inn Springfield South Enfield
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#3 of 5 in Enfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield

Been to Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield? Share your experiences!