“Marginal Hotel”

Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Enfield
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My wife and I have stayed in this hotel three times prior to this stay. The lounge and restaurant have been upgraded successfully from an appearance stand point. The food quality and menu choices have not improved and need to improve to be acceptable. The evening buffet items were not warm. I doubt the buffet food temperatures would meet health standards. The temperature issue was also true at the breakfast buffet.

The first room we were given had missing furniture and a mirror torn of the bathroom door. The desk staff graciously handled that problem by reassigning rooms. The second room was marginally clean with mold in the bath shower inclosure and a bathroom floor that needed the attention of a mop. My wife attempted to communicate with a member of the cleaning staff on the second day we were there to inform her we did not need the room made-up, just clean towels. She did not speak English. This is not an issue because she appeared to be working very hard however supervision is important in that situation. I never saw a clipboard carrying room inspector that is common in hotels.

The airport limousine is not complimentary nor is it efficient. Their vehicle is not marked and it is dirty. The driver was a half hour late picking us up. In conversation with the driver he mentioned he had report to work at normal time which was the same time he was to pick us up. This is a scheduling problem not a driver problem.

My wife and I are IHG Platinum members. We stay in IHG hotel a great deal. I believe this hotel is at the board line of acceptability. I believe there is great potential in this hotel but I believe there is a serious management problem. If it is not addressed I do not believe this hotel should remain an IHG hotel.

Stayed: October 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear edmac48,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate this experience was not on par with previous stays you have had with us. We do take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that could use additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield

Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is a remodeld full service Holiday Inn. I was there for a retirement dinner in one of their banquet rooms, and I stayed overnight. I didn't use a lot of the hotels facilities because I was there a very short period of time, but everything seemed fairly new.

The room was good sized and clean, and the furnitured appeared to be new. Televison was falt screen HD which was great because I watched one of the MLB playoff games. Bathroom fixtures were older but well kept.

The hotel has a small bar area, and the night I was there they had live music in the early evening (5-8). The restaurant was also nice, I had a continential breakfast which was included in my room because I am a Priority Club member, and for $5 I could upgrade to a full breakfast buffet.

Overall the hotel was worth the price.

Room Tip: You might want to chose a lower floor because the elevators move very slow.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
GMHolidayInnENF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Joseph Q,

Thank you so much for your review. We pride ourselves on our service to the everyday heroes in our IHG Rewards Members who spend a lot of time traveling and deserve to feel at home whenever possible.

Hope you enjoyed your breakfast! and we are going to be having a company come in the service and look at the elevators as soon as the week of 6th for service and routine maintenance, I will share your feedback with them as well.

See you again soon!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I generally love IHG properties, but it's hard to find ones that take dogs...don't even mind an extra $25+ fee if the property is nice. The Public Areas of this hotel were quite nice, I understand it was a CR not that long ago. 1st floor room was sufficient but for over $110 a night? I felt ripped off. The good: micro and fridge worked, TV was fine, beds comfy. The bad: worn carpets, non-opening patio door with an open hole to the outside. Door looked like it had been stuffed in with do it yourself moldings/trim. Made me sorry I opened the drapes! Best of all though, the colony of black mold on the bathroom ceiling was worthy of an episode of 'House'. Yep, I have photos. Left $$$ and a note asking for extra towels and a box of tissues (there was only an empty box) money was taken but we had call the front desk to get what should have been there in the first place. Reservation was on a CP rate to include breakfast, and should have carried extra points as I booked it directly from a promo link. They had it booked as a king, my confirmation was for a double and so far I'm not seeing any points, much less bonus ones. I had to ask to get a voucher for the continental breakfast and we paid for the upgrade to the hot buffet. All in all, I would have been happier paying $50 at the Red Roof an exit down as this was no better and far more expensive. Disappointing and not at all what I expect with an IHG Holiday Inn

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tervs

tervs,

I am very sorry we fell so short of your expectations but we thankful for your response as it allows the never ending training opportunities within the hotel departments as our emphasis is guest service, problem recovery, and making it right. You left and we didnt get to fix this for you.

We converted from a Crowne Plaza to Holiday Inn in August of 2010, and I have additional concerns with the site that linked to us.

I would like the opportunity to chat with you in more detail. I have sent you a private message.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Overall my family and I had a great experience here. Although there were some hiccups, the kind and attentive staff were quick to correct them. The first night we were on the first floor, I went out to pick up some food and came back to my wife having an allergic reaction to the pet hair that may have been left behind. Aimie quickly changed our room to the 4th floor as they allow pets on the first and second floors. On top of that she gave us complimentary breakfast coupons. besides that the only downside to this hotel is that the pool was not heated and breakfast is not included. I want to thank Aimie and Megan for their outstanding service, and we will be back.

• Stayed: September 2013
GMHolidayInnENF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Mr. Pettersen, thank you for the kind words, and my apologies on the mishap with the pet hair. While we do allow pets, and service animals, we also take the rooms off market for a deep cleaning after the respective stays. It seems we felt short in this area as it affected your wife.

Upon your return, I would love to meet with you and chat about your overall experience if possible.

Thank you again for your business, recognition of our staff, and your wonderful and honest review.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I can't say enough about the staff at this hotel. They were genuinely caring and helpful. The food at the restaurant was excellent and though it isn't free, they have an eccelent breakfast buffet at a very reasonable price with children under a certain age free.
My room was very clean with every extra that you could ask for. They even had a pull out makeup mirror on the wall.
For the price and the location, you couln't ask for a better stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Linniew3
GMHolidayInnENF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Linniew3, thank you for your review and kind words. We thrive off of all feedback positive or negative, and look for ways to make things better for our guests each and every day.

Thank you for highlighting our restaurant!

At a green Holiday Inn, which is a full service hotel (Holiday Inn Express is blue), up to 4 children (12 and under) eat free with the purchase of 1 adult entree. For us, that is breakfast and dinner with specific kids menus for each meal period.

My apologies we didn't go out of our way to ensure you knew this in more detail as it is such a benefit for traveling families.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

The desk clerk that checked us in, was wonderful. He also gave us a great pizza place to order from that delivers to the hotel. Baco's Pizza. Very good. The room was great! Bed was very comfortable. Everything about the hotel was fantastic. BUT...we paid cash for our room. Of course I had to give them a credit/debit card of some sort. I was assured I would have only a $1.00 pre-authorization charge which was fine. I understood that, no problem. BUT....today once I am home, I check my bank account and I have a $500.00 pre-authorization charge!! Thank goodness that did not overdraw my account, but what if it had!?!?! Called the hotel and I was told that it was only a $1.00 pre-authorization. She gave me the code# and everything. I called the bank and was told that Holiday Day Inn's do that all of the time. Just in case there is damage to the room, anything stolen...etc. I understand...but had I been told that it was a $500.00 hold on the account, I would have been prepared to see my bank account go down hill but I was only expecting $1.00. I am sure the $500.00 will be back in my bank account by tomorrow, (it better be), but if I had not checked my account today, who knows what could have happened, if I spent more money today, thinking I had it in my account!!! Someone would be paying all of the overdraft charges and it would not be me! Just be prepared...if they tell you $1.00 it could very well be $500.00!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
GMHolidayInnENF, Manager at Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Cindy604,

Thank you for the review and the kind words as well as the details of your experience. I am very sorry that there was a mishap with the authorization procedure that held your funds. We will be reviewing this issue to ensure it does not happen again as the authorization amounts you refer are indeed outrageous.

Should you have the time, please feel free to contact me at the hotel to discuss in more detail.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I stay in a lot of Holiday Inns, and this was the nicest one i have stayed in. It was very clean, the bed was super comfy, and Vinny at the front desk is super nice and helpful. They have an indoor and an outdoor pool, a baketball court and a huge open field with a gazebo in the back. It was nice and quiet on the 4th floor where i stayed at the end of the hall. The breakfast buffett was good, egsgs, bacon, fresh fruit, bagels, toast, hash browns etc. I had a sandwich and soup one night and a chef salad the next, both were good.I wil definitely come back here and I highly reccomend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
GMHolidayInnENF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

666becky666,

Thank you for the kind words, and for the recognition of one of our associates in Vinny. We strive to make every individual stay memorable. We hope to see you again soon, and are excited by your enjoyment of the product and services. Come back any time!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Hampton Inn Springfield South Enfield
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#3 of 5 in Enfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place

Been to Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield? Share your experiences!