“Nice room great staff”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Enfield
Goodyear, Arizona
“Nice room great staff”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The stay was highlighted by the reception we received from Megan at the front desk. She made your early check in a breeze. Very knowledgeable of the local attractions and was able to direct up to see worthy sights. The room was spacious but maybe a bit under furnished.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 May 2014

When I arrived, I was given a room, that when I entered, it was apparent that it was not clean. I immediately went to the front desk, and Aramia (not positive of spelling) was so apologetic, and immediately got me into a new room. She also was kind enough to give me a drink voucher and breakfast for the next morning.

That evening, the hotel was quiet, and I went to the bar. Well Ellen was there, chatted up my friend and I, and made us feel like we were at a friend's house for drinks! We chatted, had drinks, had an appetizer,a nd just had a great few hours.

The next morning, the buffet was good, along with the buffet, the lovely chef made us special order eggs. And, Ellen was there again, bright eyed and bubbly.

I would definately go back!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Niantic
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We recently stayed overnight at this hotel in order to be in the area for a function. We found the staff delightful, and the room, very satisfying.. We asked for firm pillows, and got perfect ones for sleeping and the bed was extremely comfortable. We also enjoyed the buffet breakfast. One of us used the pool, which was heated, and the staff kept up with towels that evening even tho the pool was quite booked with cheerleading teams! (Hotel booked us on a different floor than the groups, to make sure we had a more quiet experience which was quite thoughtful.) The families and kids with the group were charming, and we enjoyed meeting lots of enthusiastic, supportive folks. Its a good place to also book groups of young people, as staff did not seem flustered by this! The value for the price was also excellent. Good place!

Room Tip: Ask for the type of pillows you want, and they will give them to you! Staff is very accommodating.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed for 5 days to attend some training.

Check in was OK. I found the front dest staff a bit scruffy but they gave me my keys quick enough. I spent a bit extra to get a suite. The room consisted of 2 standard rooms. Each with a bathroom. The seating room had a kitchenette with a fridge and microwave. A large TV, couch, which was not very comfortable, two chairs and a table. The was also a decent work desk and chair.
The bed room had a king sized bed, dresser with TV and a single chair. The bed was super comfortable. The room was quiet and I was well rested each night.
The pool and fitness rooms were OK. The fitness room could use some work.
We used the bar a few time and the food service was decent.
The hotel is located a bit out of the way and there is not much in walking distance.

Room Tip: I got a suite. If you can, fork out the cash for the better room. It's quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Optibeam
GMHolidayInnENF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Hello Optibeam,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. It was a pleasure to have you for the week, and we are appreciative of your commentary because it allows us to continue training.

From your arrival to the outlets, we will review these training opportunities to make things move from Okay to Great!

We are in the process of relocating our gym, and increasing the machines and layout as well to make it a bit more attractive and useful.

So happy you have a great nights sleep on our beds.

Should you be in the area again, would love to sit with you and discuss your stay in more detail.

Thanks!

Tom Rivera
Shelton, Connecticut
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I came to this hotel for a weekend getaway with my mom and my sister. It was in a good location with many restaurants and fun things to do close by. Everyone was friendly, the room was average but clean. They had an indoor pool and an arcade sort of area. The pool was not heated, though, which was a big turn-off. I guess if you are coming to this hotel, don't count on spending much time in the pool, or only come in the summer.
Breakfast was alright but they lacked common things like fruit and cranberry juice and it was kind of tight to fight people in the breakfast line as well as the waitresses that weren't doing much. The sort of midnight snack store was hardly anything to talk about.
A huge plus, especially since the pool was disappointing, was that this hotel was within 15 minutes to a half hour of many fun places - and exploring towns of Connecticut that I had never been before was exciting. One of the days we went horseback riding and out to lunch and ice cream at a cute diner-ish place. The next day we went to Sonny's Place which was fantastic for all of us and then caught a pumpkin festival in a town over.
All in all Enfield was a cool new place to be but the hotel was definitely not even near the ritz. Enfield is a great town away from the busy bustle of other places in Connecticut but still around plenty of good country fun.
side note: arcade area a little dirty looking but if you can get past it, good for rainy need-to-stay-in days.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Casey F
GMHolidayInnENF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Casey, thank you for your post and insight from your perspective from your recent stay. I do apologize that your perception of us in many ways was impaired by some training issues which we will turn in opportunities to improve. I have met with my Food and Beverage manager to discuss the flow of the buffet, the additions of basic items, and overall cleanliness of the arcade area.

Glad you enjoyed Enfield and the local attractions which bring a lot of tourists to the area. Next time you are in town, please give me a call, and be my personal guest here at the hotel. I would like a chance to try again.

Tom Rivera
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and 18 month old son for just a quick over night before flying out to Florida the next morning. Upon arrival, the hotel was nice, clean lobby, newer furnishings in the public areas. The front desk lady was nice, but lack luster. Since we were getting up so early to fly out and had to leave no later than 5:45am, I asked when breakfast/room service started, I was informed it was 6am. They have a little store right off the lobby, a very sad looking little store. I asked if they had fruit or breakfast items in there suitable for a baby, she said "no, not really. You'd have to wait until 6am for breakfast to start." When we got to our room, we were happy with the overall appearance. It looked clean and fresh with again, newer furnishings and fixtures. It had a fridge and micro, so that was a plus. I had bought some milk and juice in the hotel store and put them in the fridge. I took a look at their in-room binder for hotel offerings- the binder and pages were actually pretty dirty. Went into the bathroom....not so clean in there either. Hairs in the corners of the room, really worn down tub, no soap, floor looked generally unclean. We all changed in our swim wear and noticing there were only 2 towels in the room, I called the front desk to ask if the pool area was stocked with pool towels. She said it should be, but to call her if there were none. So, we went down and into the pool area. It was absolutely freezing in there and there were no towels, so I called the desk and she said she'd send some down. We felt the water and it was actually warmer than the air temp so we got in. The pool area had a really dreary, tired, dark feeling to it. Lighting was more for a parking lot, big rusty maintenance door didn't add to the appeal. A staff member came and was putting towels onto all the chaise loungers, so we thanked him. I got out first since we knew it was going to be very cold to spend any more time in the cold pool area and grabbed a towel----it was a hand towel!! I'm not very big and the thing would not even fit around my waist! So, I had to take 3 for each of us so we could dry enough and run out! We get back in the room and all took warm showers and got ready for bed. I went into the fridge and wanted some juice, it just didn't seem like it had been chilling for a couple hours. Low and behold the fridge was not plugged in. Right before getting into bed, I pulled all the sheets back to inspect the mattress (I'm paranoid) and found lots of hairs on the actual mattress....should be vacuumed. The mattress pad and sheets though were clean and soft. Little details that could have been avoided, unfortunately did not make a good impression with us.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
GMHolidayInnENF, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Dear hanna1517,

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. I'm sorry that we were unable to provide you with the accommodations that you had expected. Many of the aspects of your review have been addressed to our maintenance and housekeeping departments, and will help us to improve in the future. If you would give our hotel another shot, we can demonstrate our ability to correct and improve. Please contact me personally at the hotel.

Robert R,
Front Office Supervisor
Northampton
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

My stay was somewhere between poor and average. I had a terrible night's sleep thanks to the rattling heater which got louder the longer it was on. I was woken in he middle of the night and then could not get back to sleep. I will choose the Springfield Sheraton next time. The front desk was unwilling to do anything about my poor night's sleep when I was checking out. The room was decent but the rattling dirty heater with a lack of sleep overpowered my experience in a negative way.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear OnTheHill33,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate noise from the heating unit prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Hampton Inn Springfield South Enfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#3 of 6 in Enfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield? Share your experiences!