“It's a local pub with great food”
Review of Yarde Tavern

Yarde Tavern
Ranked #6 of 108 Restaurants in Enfield
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Simsbury, Connecticut
“It's a local pub with great food”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My friend and I had not been to the Yarde House and decided to try it. We were there early at 5:30 and it was busy in the bar but by the time we left at 6:45 it was packed everywhere and it was a Wednesday night. The food was great. I had the chili and a chicken caesar salad. Both were delicious. The server was very pleasant and attentive. I would definetly recommend the Yarde House.

• Visited February 2013

Suffield, Ct
“A Pleasant Surprise.”
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I will preface this by saying, I didn't "rush" to this place. I don't like beer, but we were looking for a quick place for dinner that we hadn't been to before. They also participate in the Sky Rewards Dining program, so it was a way to "build miles". We were seated in the dining room away from the bar area at our request. The music is rather loud. They had a good wine selection and we each ordered a very nice, smooth glass of cabernet. Our server was pleasant and prompt. My expectations for food were minimal but I was very surprised at the variety of offerings on the menu. For appetizers I ordered the perogies. They arrived sauteed in butter with a nice covering of crisp bacon, carmelized onions and sour cream. They were absolutely delicious. My husband ordered the buffalo wings hot. Again, these were crisp, flavorful, and plentiful. For my main selection I chose the Cobb Salad. Again, a very good choice at $9.50. The greens were cold, fresh and crisp. It was served with hard boiled egg, diced roasted chicken, tomatoes, olives, and everything else one would want. The blue cheese dressing was a little bland but the honey mustard was quite good. My husband ordered one of the Octoberfest Specials; bratwurst, red cabbage and spatzel for $12. Again, this was plentiful, and well prepared. We will definitely be returning. I am sorry I waited so long to visit this restaurant. I would suggest they turn the music down....just a tad however.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank DawnCt
Windsor, CT
“Good Pub Atmosphere”
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Plenty of "Watch Your Step"signs, which are needed.

I enjoyed the sausage platter.

The draught selection is good, including rare locals.

Call ahead to make sure you're not hitting a busy period.

• Visited October 2012
Enfield, Connecticut
“Finally Football Season”
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Good place to watch a game. Good pub food. My wife really likes the calamari as its definitely a unique take on a dish that most restaurants have on their menu. I usually get nachos or wings and a burg which I can recommend to anyone. The patty melt burger reminds me of going to diners in upstate new york.

• Visited September 2012
east longmeadw
“Great neighborhood pub”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Great food for a pub! Great service. Live entertainment. I have never had a bad meal.
Prices are great too!

Visited July 2012

Been to Yarde Tavern? Share your experiences!