“Horrible.”

Lulu's Pizzeria and Family Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 113 Restaurants in Enfield
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 23 June 2012

It is sad that one of the only family run restaurants in Enfield is so terrible. Of the more recent times I've been there...the first time the waitress made a mistake on my order then yelled at me and told me I was wrong. THEN, we heard the chef (presumably the owner) swearing about it in the kitchen. We gave them another chance on a later date, there were two flies in my salad. NEVER again. Horrible service, horrible food. The only they have going for them is beer and an outdoor patio.

1  Thank DreCar

Reviewed 22 December 2011

When I went here with my friends we were seated in a booth in the bar area. The barmaid spent most of her time trying to promote her own catering business and chatting up the people sitting at the bar. We were basically ignored. Many routine items were forgotten (such as forks/drinks) so had to be requested of her more than once. It was a very frustrating evening. That was the first visit for my friends and they said they'd never come back based on that nights experience. I couldn't blame them...she was terrible. The food was average, the price slightly too high for what you were getting but not enough to complain about really.

Our meal was so delayed by this inept barmaid/waitress that we ended up being there for 3 hours! Much of this time was spent waiting for her to come back to us with items/food and eventually the bill. At one point we actually resorted to taking things we needed off empty tables and the bar ourselves. And every time we said something about her forgetting something she would say she was just about to do that...refusing to take the blame for anything....as if we were being unreasonable for wanting forks at the smae time we got our food. She was pathetic.

I emailed the owner twice about the terrible service we received that night. I never got any reply from him. I don't know the owner but I can only assume he is no businessman because that is not how one keeps customers.

The previous owners were great and the food and prices were better under the previous "Stella's" name. It is a shame to lose them because the place is not as good as it used to be. The previous owner actually showed concern that I didn't eat the steak I had ordered and he credited me the cost of my meal when he discovered I was not satisfied with the cut of the steak (it was way too fatty for my liking). I was a steady customer for years after that incident and I brought all my friends and family there often. I can't do that anymore.

Reviewed 13 November 2011

About 2 minutes from the hotel. Nice choices and good value. Service very good. Would go there again.

Reviewed 24 July 2011

Pizza crust is the most tender I have ever had (I'm 67), and the sauce and toppings are excellent. Chicken Francaise is very tender and flavorful. grilled chicken on salad is huge and also very good. Prices are very reasonable, and we have been there multiple times, so our review is not an exception.

Reviewed 19 July 2011

Our family had a GREAT experience at Lulu's. The meals were better than expected, the portions large, the atmosphere friendly and the wait staff attentive. You can't ask for much more.

Their specialty pizza's were very good. And their pasta dishes (my wife and son had some) were tasty.

Not sure how anyone could complain about this place, unless they lacked reason and felt entitled. There was a small mistake with out order and the waitress responded immediately and the manager came over to apologize, even though it was such a minor item and IMO didn't warrant a manager's apology (they simply ran out of the special after they had take our order).

1  Thank RedEyeFlights