“Wont be coming back any time soon”
Review of Red Roof Inn

Red Roof Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Enfield
Florence, Kentucky
“Wont be coming back any time soon”
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I stayed here 1 night (April 11). Slow check-in . . . I rang the bell on the counter and called out hello several times and there was total silence for close to 5 minutes before the clerk finally made an appearance. I had reserved a non-smoking room but she gave me a room that absolutely stunk of stale cigarette smoke and I had to return to the office to get a different one. The bathroom exhaust fan sounded as loud as a plane engine and there were ants crawling around on the floor. The top bedspread had a 2" dia stain on it and one of the two washcloths was so dingy, it was dark gray instead of white. Despite the economy coming back now, there weren't very many cars parked over night in the lot. Maybe the news had spread. The General Manager, Nirav Patel, needs to smarten his people up. I routinely stay in Red Roof Inns and this one rates very low in comparison.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank KentuckyColonel
GeneralManager10105, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, 9 September 2016
I am very sorry to hear about the issues that you experienced during your stay with us. We have changed many of the staff since your last stay. We have also updated the rooms as well as our system to keeping up on making sure the rooms are guest ready and we are on top of any issues. I do hope that you decided to give us another chance when you are in the area. We would like to give you a pleasant experience during you stay with us, which hopefully will void out your last one

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Hillsdale, New York
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I stayed here to visit Six Flags New England. I must say having never stayed at a Red Roof Inn, I was pleasantly surprised. Nice clean and affordable.The only downsides where the old-school tv and the bed was too soft for what I usually prefer. Will definitely stay again the next time I visit Six Flags New England.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review which I will be sharing with my staff. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us specially your first time at any Red Roof. We have up grade alot of the TVs since everything was switched over with the cable company. We look forward to seeing you again
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I liked the hotel dont get me wrong but I had my son with me and hes a little night owl so he stays up late some nights. We got a noise complaint on the door but I didnt know what for so I tried to get little guy to be quiet, even though he wasnt making a lot of noise. Before any of this happend I was told I could re rent my room I tried to the next morning and the girl at the desk told me someone reserved my room? I didnt understand. I just recently tried to rent a room again and Sheryl told me I wasnt allowed to stay anymore because they got too many complaints all night which wasnt true at all. Im very frustrated and to be honest she was really rude and shouldnt be working there.

• Stayed March 2013
nirav p, Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Dear Guest,
I understand you were annoyed, however at that time Sheryl handled the situation perfectly fine.The night before we had several complains about your baby and many people were in and out of your room all night long. Our night auditor give you several warnings about it to.

The following day we have to give 2 guest refunds because of the traffic coming in and out of your room and the baby crying. We didn't want a repeat of that so Sheryl told you there was no room's open to be nice.

Thank You.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I stayed in one of the accessible rooms, and it had everything I needed. The bed was comfortable, so I had a great sleep each night. It is situated just off the I-91, so is handily placed to get to either Hartford or Springfield. There are many restaurants nearby, so I was never short of places to choose from. There was a bit of a sound bleed from the TV in the room above, but as long as they don't have it blaring all night, it would be ok.
Next time I am in the area, I will probably look at booking this place first.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank handicappedtravel
Thank you for your wonderful review which I will be sharing with my staff. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you were able to hear some of the TV from the room above you. We are looking forward to seeing you again
Topsfield, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I would just like to say "Thank you to Kendra" at the Red Roof Inn in Enfield CT. She made a check in nightmare because of Expedia.com a pleasant stay. Kendra handle a very difficult situation with great professionalism and courtesy. She never lost her focus that customer service was first and foremost. She went out of her way to make sure that the situation caused by Expedia.com was corrected and I was happy with my stay at the hotel.
Cheers to Kendra at the Red Roof Inn at Enfield CT! You rock and she be named employee of the month!!! I would want someone like Kendra to be on my staff!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Kendra is no longer with this location. But we do have an amazing front desk staff that are able to handle bad situations if they are not able to they have my number and I can take care of it over the phone or when I come in the next morning. We look forward to seeing you again
New york
Reviewed 10 November 2012

As a travel agent of many yrs I would not recommend the Red Roof in of Enfield CT Reservations made in Sept for 5 rooms for Nov . Canceled 3 of those rooms on Monday the 5th of Nov. switched 1 room to a Friday arrival and it was LOST customer arrived late and it was checked eariler in the day( 6PM) on late arrival and everything was OK when customer arrived no rooms available Mgr says (ploy) credit card denied to get out of situation would not accommodate by paying for another room in another hotel due to the incompetent staff

Room Tip: any other hotel but this one
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
GeneralManager10105, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, 11 November 2012
I do apologize for what happen on your stay. However we feel that the hotel was not at fault for any of this, because it seems like you kept changing your reservations around. The day you came down to complain about what happen there was guest who was here and heard everything and was confused on what you were saying and the cop that we had to call because you were being rude, was confused on what you were saying. So we feel that you too were confused on what was going on that day. Next time we think you could ask for updated confirmation letter on your rooms so it is not confuseing for you as well as the hotel. For example the travel agent I use everytime my family and I use them and we make changes she sends me updated confirmation. You kept changing and canceling the reservation but you never asked us to print out a confirmation. So this is why we feel that hotel was not at fault. If we were we would of been more then happy to work with you.

Sheryl Anikienko
Front Desk Manager
Dragoer, Denmark
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Stayed one night en route for the New Hampshire White Mountains. Room in excellent condition, large and clean. Good parking facilities. Very helpful staff. And plenty of restaurants in the near vicinity to keep you going. Try the Denny's diner for breakfast. Good value.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
GeneralManager10105, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, 10 September 2016
Thank you for your wonderful review which I will be sharing with my staff. We look forward to seeing you again
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Hampton Inn Springfield South Enfield
Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
#5 of 17 in West Springfield
Howard Johnson Express - Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
Comfort Inn East Windsor
Comfort Inn East Windsor
#1 of 4 in East Windsor

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!