“Needs to be cleaned better”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Roof Inn

Red Roof Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Enfield
Nova Scotia
“Needs to be cleaned better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

I stayed with my husband and and two children at the Red Roof Enfield in May 2013. The room we had was sufficient in size and amenities were ok. Several things that I didn't like about the stay. The first thing that I didn't like was the man in the reception area when we arrived. I went in alone to check in while my husband and children stayed in the car. I'm not sure who the man was (he was wearing dirty jeans, tshirt and cap, didn't look like an employee of motel). He was relaxing at the end of the counter on the same side as the receptionist and when I came in he didn't stop staring at me. He came from around the counter, sat in one of the chairs in the reception area and stared directly at me, looking me up and down the entire time I was waiting and then checking in. I was very uneasy about this and told my husband as soon as I left that this man was making me uncomfortable. We went to our room and then noticed within the first few minutes that the alarm clock didn't work. It had several wires sticking out the back. we didn't need to use it so we just unplugged it so our children wouldn't get hurt etc. I went into the bathroom and immediately saw several long black hairs around the shower and on the floor. I found an empty fiji water bottle, pennies and a pen top just under the edge of one of the beds. Really wasn't impressed with the cleaning job at all. I liked the location and it was a quiet place to stay, that was what made it work for me.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
nirav p, Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Dear Guest,
We have no employee working with the description you give us. I even pulled all the records for the whole month of May and do not see this. I am really sorry you felt uncomfortable but none of this was also brought to our attention at check out.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

My wife and I went to Springfield, Ma to see our grand-daughter perform in a cheer contest at the Mass Center, great time great Inn, stayed two nights, never heard a dog bark, the Inn was full with my favorite canine, very well behaved.
Stayed in a room upstairs, clean and neat, as one would expect from Red Roof Inn, many thanks to Peter G, again, Red Roof Inn's should be very proud of caring and concern you have for your guests, we do

Bob and Janet Molter
Holbrook, NY

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
GeneralManager10105, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, 9 September 2016
Thank you for your wonderful review which I will be sharing with my staff. Peter is no longer with us but we do have an amazing front desk staff as well as housekeeping. We look forward to seeing you again
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

Only available place after discovering other area hotels full (Hampton Inn). Quick overnight stay after a long day. Kind, front desk greeting, was offered king 2nd floor non smoking room. Room was clean, fairly new with no complaints but don't plan on it being peaceful or quiet unless your deaf, sleep like a rock or with your earbuds. You hear EVERYTHING in this place!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you heard your neighbors during your stay with us, but i am glad to hear that we were able to give you a room for the night that worked out for you other than the noise issue
Florence, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

I stayed here 1 night (April 11). Slow check-in . . . I rang the bell on the counter and called out hello several times and there was total silence for close to 5 minutes before the clerk finally made an appearance. I had reserved a non-smoking room but she gave me a room that absolutely stunk of stale cigarette smoke and I had to return to the office to get a different one. The bathroom exhaust fan sounded as loud as a plane engine and there were ants crawling around on the floor. The top bedspread had a 2" dia stain on it and one of the two washcloths was so dingy, it was dark gray instead of white. Despite the economy coming back now, there weren't very many cars parked over night in the lot. Maybe the news had spread. The General Manager, Nirav Patel, needs to smarten his people up. I routinely stay in Red Roof Inns and this one rates very low in comparison.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank KentuckyColonel
I am very sorry to hear about the issues that you experienced during your stay with us. We have changed many of the staff since your last stay. We have also updated the rooms as well as our system to keeping up on making sure the rooms are guest ready and we are on top of any issues. I do hope that you decided to give us another chance when you are in the area. We would like to give you a pleasant experience during you stay with us, which hopefully will void out your last one
Hillsdale, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

I stayed here to visit Six Flags New England. I must say having never stayed at a Red Roof Inn, I was pleasantly surprised. Nice clean and affordable.The only downsides where the old-school tv and the bed was too soft for what I usually prefer. Will definitely stay again the next time I visit Six Flags New England.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review which I will be sharing with my staff. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us specially your first time at any Red Roof. We have up grade alot of the TVs since everything was switched over with the cable company. We look forward to seeing you again
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

I liked the hotel dont get me wrong but I had my son with me and hes a little night owl so he stays up late some nights. We got a noise complaint on the door but I didnt know what for so I tried to get little guy to be quiet, even though he wasnt making a lot of noise. Before any of this happend I was told I could re rent my room I tried to the next morning and the girl at the desk told me someone reserved my room? I didnt understand. I just recently tried to rent a room again and Sheryl told me I wasnt allowed to stay anymore because they got too many complaints all night which wasnt true at all. Im very frustrated and to be honest she was really rude and shouldnt be working there.

• Stayed March 2013
nirav p, Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Dear Guest,
I understand you were annoyed, however at that time Sheryl handled the situation perfectly fine.The night before we had several complains about your baby and many people were in and out of your room all night long. Our night auditor give you several warnings about it to.

The following day we have to give 2 guest refunds because of the traffic coming in and out of your room and the baby crying. We didn't want a repeat of that so Sheryl told you there was no room's open to be nice.

Thank You.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

I stayed in one of the accessible rooms, and it had everything I needed. The bed was comfortable, so I had a great sleep each night. It is situated just off the I-91, so is handily placed to get to either Hartford or Springfield. There are many restaurants nearby, so I was never short of places to choose from. There was a bit of a sound bleed from the TV in the room above, but as long as they don't have it blaring all night, it would be ok.
Next time I am in the area, I will probably look at booking this place first.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank handicappedtravel
Thank you for your wonderful review which I will be sharing with my staff. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you were able to hear some of the TV from the room above you. We are looking forward to seeing you again
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Hampton Inn Springfield South Enfield
Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
#5 of 17 in West Springfield
Howard Johnson Express - Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!