“Deep fried seafood”

Black Seal Seafood Grille
Ranked #7 of 17 Restaurants in Essex
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Lots of local seafoods deep-fried. The kids were not fans, but the adults enjoyed the Fried Oyster Po'boys.

2  Thank NYFamilyof7
There are newer reviews for Black Seal Seafood Grille

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I've been to the Black Seal a few times now and two things are clear: their bar is the ideal place in town to have a few glasses of wine while meeting some of the locals, and their food is average. The staff is friendly but depending on what time you go they can be somewhat inattentive. Their steak sandwich is disappointing. However, I would say they have one of the better burgers in town; I am specifically referring to their Black Seal Burger.

1  Thank Jason A
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Had lunch with good friends. Food and service were great. Essex is a lovely town and this is a gem. Right on the middle of town with a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

My wife and I have eaten here a number of times and the food and service is always excellent. Our recent stop there on the way to Newport was no exception. The two women in our party had BLT's which they proclaimed the best they had ever had and considering the Black Seal Burgers that the two men had I would have to agree. It was only a lunch meal but it filled us up for the rest of the day. Everybody in our party loves the Black Seal.

1  Thank John K
Reviewed 11 July 2014

After a long day in essex, we decided to eat at the black seal. Great service and atmosphere. Food was pretty basic, but still great. I would recommend getting a burger, they are big and delicious. Both my kids ordered off the kids menu and were satisfied with the portions and taste. Overall, I would recommend this to a friend.