“A sandwich to remember”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Sacramento
“A sandwich to remember”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

The take-out pulled pork roasted sandwich is outstanding. I got the small size, which is on a large bun and more than adequate for a normal appetite. The side potato salad was good, too. Pete's offers specials which include a small sandwich, chips, a drink, and cookies for $6.95. Service was prompt and courteous. I'll definitely return and try more menu items. The place is within a mile from route 9, the connector between the shoreline and 91. Worth the short detour for a tasty alternative to fast food outlets.

• Visited October 2013

Essex, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best BBQ in CT!”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Pete's slow roasted/smoked pulled pork is the BEST around. Always cooked to perfection and served with a smile. Great food and great people!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank harp3482
Middletown, Connecticut
“Great BBQ takeout”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

They do takeout sandwich and platters here. Very good prices and the food is excellent. There is no seating to speak of either inside or out. There is a picnic table outside the building but you should plan on taking your food to go.

Visited March 2013
“Unbelievable!”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I've been coming here for yrs. I haven' t been in over a yr because I no longer work in the area. I decided to travel there today because I really enjoyed the food. Worst mistake! After today I will never eat there again or recommend it either! The young kids running the place are unpleasant, rude, and disrespectful from the minute I walked in. On that note I should not even ordered any food but I did. Another mistake! The food is now horrible! As I walked out the girl said your welcome very rudely but I had nothing to thank her for. UNBELIEVABLE! Be careful on who you allow to run your business.

3 Thank Gotswife22
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty food with great service.”
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I've stop here whenever I have the chance. It's great BBQ at a good price. There is only takeout. The staff are also super friendly.

1 Thank Tarmin21