“Love, Love, Love Marleys ”
Review of Marley's Cafe

Marley's Cafe
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Essex
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited Marleys for the first time last year towards the end of their season, unfortunately for us we were only able to make it one time before they closed! When we heard they were opening back up this season we knew we had to stop by! We both had the "Charles" Benedict, let me tell you those eggs were cooked to perfection, the second you cut into them the yolk slowly oozed out making a perfect match with the creamy hollandaise, the toasted English muffin, and the delicious Canadian bacon. We were even more surprised when we revived our plates with a delicious fruit assortment side with watermelon, blueberries, strawberries, pineapple, grapes, peaches, and melon! It was delish! I don't know how this is not number one in Essex, it definately should pass all the other restaurants by far, because trust me we've tried everywhere in Essex, and this is our spot!!

2  Thank ShellyBelley

Reviewed 19 July 2014

There are not many great places to lunch in Essex....but thank goodness there is Marley's. We come by sea and "park" at the Essex Island Marine dock (for free!), and walk up the dock to Marley's. The food is great. I particularly love the BLT's. Maybe I am just hungry, but they always hit the spot. On busy days, the service is slow. So don't go there when it is busy if you are in a hurry. If you like good food by the water, this is the spot!

2  Thank JDumont821984
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Four of us were looking for a place to go to off the beaten track for breakfast and we found Marley's. It's a two minute free ferry ride to a very beautiful spot. Although the service was a bit slow we didn't mind because of the really nice setting. The poached eggs, crab cakes, eggs home fried potatoes and Caribbean banana toast were very good. Friendly service and a great atmosphere made our day. I highly recommend this place. Weekends could be crowded

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Getting there is half the fun. It's on an island - really - and you get there by water taxi in a minute across a very narrow inlet. You can sit indoors but nearly everyone chooses to sit out on the lawn under an umbrella. What a great breakfast or brunch with an interesting a varied menu. Lunch and dinner also but the schedule varies seasonally. Listen to Bob Marley and other island tunes while you watch the boats go by.
Drive down Main Street in Essex Village and turn left on Ferry Street for parking. You will see the small ferry crossing on a continuous schedule.

1  Thank JackX729
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We had heard from friends in the Essex area that Marley's Octoberfest was lots of fun. !2 or so of us made a reservation and at the appointed time piled into the boat and went to Essex Island. It was a chilly evening, some clouds, but nothing odd for that time of year. Sadly for Marley's all the other reservations cancelled for fear of the weather. We had the whole place to ourselves. The people at Marley's were disappointed, to say the least. I suspect they lost quite a lot of money. But they treated us with style, fun, good humor and delicious food. All 12 or so of us had a great time keeping warm around the well stoked fire and all ate too much, I suspect. It was a delightful evening and we were all very well cared for.
It was the first night of the Fest, so I hope the following nights were as good for Marley's as the first was for us.
We look forward to doing it again next year.

1  Thank CasaUmile

Been to Marley's Cafe? Share your experiences!