“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Fairfield
Catonsville, MD, United States
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Was so pleased with our 2 night stay. Went to Fairfield, CT-Black Rock Best Western. Our rooms were clean & spacious, the staff polite, friendly and went out of their way to accomoate our large wedding party. My only 2 complaints are that they allow dogs, only on 1st floor, but it was annoying at breakfast to be eating around an animal. Secondly, the worst, for a woman, the bathroom lighting was terrible. I felt like I was "winging it" when putting on make up because I couldn't see in enough detail if the make up I applied was too heavy, light or even where it should be :). Otherwise, I highly recommend this Best Western.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

blackrockinngm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fairfield Hotel, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Carole,

Thank you for the great scores on staff service and the hotel! We appreciate your feedback to have us strive for making the next guest's stay even more enjoyable.

We look forward to you staying with us when in the area to see framily or friends.

John M Cronan, GM and The Hotel Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Philadelphia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Checked in with a few friends and we had several rooms. Apparently the quality of the rooms does vary. My room was fine but another friends' first room was a bit older and musty. A very helpful staff member did move them to a better room. So it was fine in the end. Not sure if they are undergoing renovations of some rooms or something. Nevertheless, the hotel serves its purpose as a Best Western in an area with very few other hotel options.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank PhillyTraveler99
blackrockinngm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fairfield Hotel, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
I am glad to see the staff was able to accommodate your friends to a room that met the expectations of their stay with us. The staff and I are always working towards a room that is guest ready like the one you stayed in.

We appreciate the high score on service for the stay.

John M Cronan, GM and the Best Western Plus Staff.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

The Best Western in Fairfield, CT (near I-95) is exceptionally attractive, clean and comfortable with a caring and polite staff. The neighborhood is safe and convenient, and the rooms are spotless. The breakfast wasn't great - although the staff was caring and did their best. But there are good restaurants nearby so that didn't deter us. We would recommend the hotel to good friends who value quality and a reasonable price.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank 612richardf
Thank you for the feedback on your stay here at the hotel. We strive as a hotel team to exceed our guest’s expectations and always look for areas of improvement from travelers like you.

We appreciate your recommendation for us to other travelers.

John M. Cronan
GM
long island ny
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Best Western Plus last night. It wasn't a very pleasant experience. The room had a musty smell when we walked in. We went out for dinner and when we came back the only parking that was available was in the back part of the building. The back and side doors would not open with our key card and so we had to walk around the building to the front to get in. When we finally went to bed ........ The sheets weren't big enough for the bed. The bottom sheet didn't even cover or tuck in. So all night long great caution had to be taken as to how you moved so that you weren't sleeping on the MATTRESS! Made for a great night sleep. The free "breakfast"was marginal at best. We hadn't stayed in a Best Western in a long time and this certainly wasn't an experience that would make us try one again any time soon..

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
blackrockinngm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fairfield Hotel, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
I am sorry you experienced these issues above and that we did not meet your expectations during your stay.

If you could please email me at blackrockinngm@wnwhospitality.com with your last name and/or room number so I may investigate and follow up accordingly.

We do appreciate your feed back to improve our service to all our guests.

John M. Cronan
GM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

This hotel is exactly what you would expect. A clean, convenient, unpretentious best western plus. If luxury is not a concern, a guest should feel absolutely comfortable staying here. There was free breakfast but I never ate there.

Room Tip: Beds may be a bit too big for the rooms. Not a ton of extra space
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Devils Lake, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We spent 4 nights at the Black Rock Inn due to our son getting married. The service was excellent and everyone there was great to work with. We had many family members who traveled for the wedding and I didn't hear any negative comments. It was also very convenient with the train station. The breakfast area was clean & always well stocked. They were also very accommodating with us switching rooms (to a suite) and needing a late checkout. I would definitely stay here again & I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Glen Allen, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

I have been traveling from Virginia to Connecticut for the past few years and several times a year need to visit my Dad who is living in a home for the elderly. I've been a guest at Black Rock Inn each time. The Manager, Gus and all his Staff have continued to make my stay a pleasure. It is not easy caring for an elder parent, however, this hotel has certainly make it a lot easier since the surroundings make me feel comfortable and safe.

Room Tip: I highly recommend to anyone who is traveling on I-95 through Fairfield. The location is easy on an...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JVinci22
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
Fairfield Circle Inn
#2 of 5 in Stratford
The Westport Inn
The Westport Inn
#1 of 1 in Westport

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Fairfield Hotel? Share your experiences!