Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel
The Circle Hotel Fairfield(Fairfield)(Great Value!)
US$121
RodewayInn
US$146
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewsblack rock innfront deskbest westernsrooms are smallbreakfast attendantwestern hotelsconvenient locationthe breakfast areawafflesgreat place to staynew york cityeasy accesstrain stationoff the highwayclean hotelfree breakfastbed was comfortable
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I booked 2 rooms at this hotel: One room (2 Queens) was for my 2 teen daughters, the other (King) for my husband and myself. Both rooms were tidy but had a musty smell and shower had mildew stains that Tilex didn't quite knock out. Also the beds didn't have regular-sized pillows but instead had 4 sofa-sized square pillows, which none of us liked. We were placed in rooms opposite each other on the first floor. This meant that my daughters were alone in a room with direct access from the main parking lot.
After the first night I requested to be moved to the second floor, due to the security aspect but also because the first floor hallways had a damp musty smell that I didn't notice on the upper floor (I also asked someone at breakfast and they reported that their 2nd floor room didn't have a smell). Unfortunately the management was not able to accommodate a move. I was disappointed that they didn't seem to try very hard to keep us despite us having booked 2 rooms for 3 nights. As a result we checked out after 1 night. I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Great location. Close to Whole Foods. Clean, stylish rooms. We really enjoyed our stay. The staff were very helpful to find dinner and local beaches. I would stay hear again and wish more hotels were this good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Oh, boy. I always try to find something good to say in my reviews. The good is that this hotel is convenient to the highway, offers a simple breakfast buffet and allows pets. I hope my stay was not indicative of the total experience and that the housekeeping staff was short-handed during my stay. I stayed in the first floor "suite." I left in the morning and came back to find my room had been serviced-except all the towels (even the clean ones) were gone and there were no replacements! I went to the desk and asked that someone bring towels to the room and left with the reassurance that all would be taken care of before I returned. I returned at 1 AM to find only 1 (yes, one!) facecloth hanging on the towel rack! This was a very difficult situation seeing that more than one person was staying in the room!! After another trip to the desk, we were able to get a few more towels. However, the room was never vacuumed-there were cheerios and other things on the floor throughout our stay of two nights. Also, the drinking cups weren't replaced and one wastebasket was never emptied. This is why I think I may have had a new or replacement housekeeper. My sister has stayed at this hotel several times and said it has never been like this in the past. So, there you have it. I was not impressed, but hoping it was just a one time slip up by the staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MusicMama11
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I've stayed here a few years ago, and still find the place to be clean and comfortable. It is close to I-95 exits. There is not restaurant in the hotel, but there is a free breakfast, which is something I look for when booking a hotel. There is also the option to order from local restaurants for delivery. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was very nice.
I didn't have time for any sightseeing in the area, but there was some shopping places and other restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the highway on the second floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This hotel is clean and comfortable. The rooms are small, but I didn't need them any bigger as I was just spending one night and using the room just to sleep. Overall it was a great experience. I didn't have time to try out the jacuzzi, which looked so inviting, or to sit on the chaise lounges outside on the grass. Next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple