“Two Thumbs Up”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Fairfield
Glen Allen, Virginia
“Two Thumbs Up”
Reviewed 3 January 2011

The Black Rock Inn has an incredibly friendly staff. You are greeted with a "Welcome" and nice smile each time you walk through the lobby. The rooms are very clean and neatly arranged. Bathrooms spotless and plenty of closet space for clothes. Each room has small refridgerators. The lobby has 24/7 FREE coffee, tea or hot chocolate and freshly baked cookies at the front desk. There's a FREE Continental Breakfast served daily and a staff member on duty to assist with making those d-licious Belgium Waffles. The location is just off of Interstate 95 Exit 24 for travelers by car and the train station is a few miles away if you choose to take a trip into New York City. Myself and family thoroughly enjoy staying at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JVinci22
blackrockinngm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel, responded to this review, 5 January 2011
Dear JVinci22,

Thank you for the great review and compliments you posted regarding your recent stay at Best Western Black Rock Inn. We are so glad you had an excellent experience and the staff was pleasant and helpful. We are also glad that you enjoyed our breakfast especially our "d-licious" Belgium waffles. We hope too see you again soon!

Best Western Black Rock Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Bristol, RI
Reviewed 12 October 2010

This hotel looks like it was recently refurbished - nice and clean - comfortable furniture and bedding - breakfast was good - service was great.......definitely would stay there again when we are in the area.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
blackrockinngm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel, responded to this review, 18 October 2010
Dear NancySBristol_RI:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 October 2010

Visiting friends in Fairfield & needed to stay nearby. Nice place. SMALL room. Check in on Saturday was smooth with the help of a nice, friendly young lady.
Next morning I was "attacked" by the "breakfast lady" standing near the buffet: she thought I was going to grab the bagles w/o the tongs! Then kept reminding me where everything was. She meant well, but----?!?? I will rate check-out "D-" It took the lady behind the desk a little while to acknkowledge i was at the counter. she was surfing the web. She pushed my receipt on the counter and went back to the computer. Not a word -"how was your stay?"- "Thank You" - etc -- not a big deal, but this needs to be corrected. I would suggest this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
blackrockinngm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel, responded to this review, 11 October 2010
Dear Guardrail,
Let me start by thanking you for submitting a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Black Rock Inn.
I apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. I am very sorry that two employees did not make your stay as pleasant as possible. Our hotel has won many awards for Outstanding Service, but now I see that we can use a refresher course.
It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you personally and you may contact me at 203-659-2200. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 July 2010

Recently stayed at the Black Rock Inn in Fairfield while visiting a nearby college w/husband
and daughter. Arrived late at night. Not very nice location, tiny parking lot, trucks parked all around hotel. Hallways throughout smelled very old and musty. Website said it was renovated but really didn't appear to be. Very old carpet and I believe they allows pets. We were upgraded to a "suite" - the outer room was tiny so when pulled out pullout for our daughter you couldn't walk by to get to window or a/c. Pullout was horrible, old and bent. Inside bedroom was better w/2 queen beds but again not much room and beds were soft. Our suite smelled so bad there must have been an animal in there at some point or maybe it was mold/mildew from carpet. We only stayed because we checked in so late and were leaving first thing in the morning for our tour. Continental breakfast was a tiny bkfst nook w/3 types of cereal, coffee machine, bagels etc and some apples/oranges. Price was reasonable but we would pick different accomodations next time even if 20 mins away.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
blackrockinngm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2010
Dear Linguica,
I apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. I am surprised that you did not enjoy your stay as our hotel has won many awards for Outstanding Service; actually we recently received our third perfect inspection score in a row.
Our hotel is only four years old and the staff and I take pride in our property. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Chevy Chase, Maryland
Reviewed 13 July 2010

this is a standard Best Western. It is adequately clean, and the best hotel option in Fairfield, although that is faint praise. we have stayed there 4 or 5 times, and find that the staff is always helpful and friendly. the hotel offers continental breakfast that is not special, but is otherwise not notable. soundproofing is not much, and the hotel is near I-95 (which we did not hear this time because we were on the other side of the hotel).

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Marylandtravler,
Providence, RI
Reviewed 13 March 2010

The Best Western Black Rock is a nice hotel. After being in New Brunswick, NJ we decided to stop about halfway home but wanted to stay in CT or from White Plains over to avoid traffic the next day. We arrived at about 3 or 4 in the morning and the girl who checked us in was very nice and gave us let check out since she knew there was no way we would be up in time for regular check out. We were able to check out at 1pm. The hotel is literally right off the highway and is so easy to find which is a nice change of pace. The hotel was clean and quiet. The room was comfy and had plenty of room with a desk and chair and TV and fridge set up. There was also breakfast the next morning that we woke up to grab a bagel and coffee and juice before going back to sleep for a bit longer before we would hit the road again. The breakfast was simple and so is the hotel but it’s just right…clean, friendly and quiet. The price was awesome $87 AAA rate and for its location you really can’t go wrong!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
blackrockinngm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2010
Dear opie303,
Let me start by thanking you for completing the TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay at our property. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon.
Gus Szkotnicki GM
Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 March 2010

Stayed for 2 nights in March while on business in the area. The hotel has been recently renovated and the room was very clean and still had the "new" feeling. In addition to the bed, fridge, tv, chair, the room had a medium size desk which was perfect for work. Internet cable was available in the room in case your laptop did not have wireless. I also noticed a computer in the lobby for use. Would most definitely stay there again if in the area for business. Only complaint was the employee responsible for breakfast. Not a friendly person, never heard a good morning from her and she made you feel uncomfortable not only when you were getting your breakfast items but when you were eating your breakfast. She gave you the feeling that you needed to hurry up and finish.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
The Circle Hotel Fairfield
#1 of 1 in Westport
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#2 of 5 in Stratford

Been to Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel? Share your experiences!