“A beautiful way to spend an afternoon”
Review of Music Mountain

Music Mountain
Hartford, Connecticut
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“A beautiful way to spend an afternoon”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

For the first time I went to Music Mountain. It is about 1-1/2 hours from Hartford, my home, high in the Litchfield Mountains. It is a beautiful setting with a concert hall famous for its acoustics, build with the physics of sound like a violin (there is an explanation posted there for you to read). We saw/heard the Amernet string quartet. Reminded me of the stories and scenes in movies showing 1800 intimate chamber music in homes.

It was $35 at the door ($30 in advance). A used book sale to wander through before the concert. Informal dress, wooden pew-like seats (with cushions). The woman who brought me and was very familiar with it also brought "seat" cushions for our backs--a great idea.

It was just wonderful, warm, and wonderful. If I can find my own way there, I'll be going again.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank mwh31

Been to Music Mountain? Share your experiences!