“Too noisy to have a conversation”

P. F Chang's China Bistro
Ranked #30 of 76 Restaurants in Farmington
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2012 via mobile

The food is of average taste and quality. Service was reasonably good. There was music playing at a level so high that our server had to shout at us and we, a party of four, could not comfortably hold a conversation
even after we requested a reduction in volume. This is not a place for dining. Maybe take out would be ok.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

I've been here for business and for pleasure. I am so sick of cheap homogenized Chinese food at most places I've been to in Connecticut. This place is a taste treat and it's consistent. I'm normally not a fan of chains, but this is one exception. I'd eat here five nights a week.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

On Westfarms website, P.F. Chang's is listed as a gourmet restaurant. It's not. A normal Chinese restaurant with gourmet prices is a better way to describe it. Go to California Pizza instead. It has plenty of Asian-inspired dishes with much better service, and better quality food IMHO.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

Let me start by saying I have bought more people to PF Changs as newbies then any other place I have ever been too. I Love PF Changs. The food choices are amazing and tastey and Being a gastric Bypass Patient I can still enjoy the healthy choices they have
. That Being Said we have had our share of issues. The waitstaff although always nice are more times then not , extremely SLOW. At Lunch this is an issue because we usually have a small window of time for lunch and by the time we get our food we have no time to eat it. The Last visit we had was the worst. We waited 20 minutes for drinks ( water and a tea) and 45 mins later never got food. We were ready to leave when all of a sudden it showed up. It turns out the waitress was new and the veterans were taking her dishes out to their customers and she wasnt doing anything about it. It was so insane the women next to us went to the front desk and said you owe these people a free meal or something after what they have been through. NOTHING was offered or done just glazed over faces and 1/2 smiles. Again the place is fantastic if you have the time to gamble on a wait and there is a warrior card you can register for and get a slight discount if you go often. But when the food comes you ALMOST forget how long of a wait it was because the food is so fantastic. I've been to other Locations where this was not an issue at all.

1  Thank mousejunkiemillers
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Recently we seem to end up here if we happen to be in the mall around lunch or dinner time. The service here is always very good, which typically is rare at mall locations. The food is also very good, with larger portions and honest descriptions. They have plenty of vegetarian options and a very reasonably priced lunch section. All in all the best option in West Farms (if you like Chinese food).