“Good location and Decent Stay”

Courtyard Hartford Farmington
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Farmington
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard Farmington for three nights and it was a decent stay. Clean room, small fridge that worked, excellent shower pressure, comfortable bed. I'll ping on the very small pillows with little support (bring your own if you don't want a sore neck), pretty thin towels, and the annoying micro-pause between channel changes. All minor, but something to point out. I think the "Courtyard" level of Marriott options has gone downhill over the past several years, so I don't expect much from this chain these days. This particular Courtyard had a very nice front desk staff, was in proximity to a wide variety of restaurants (try Cugino's in Farmington - it was excellent), shopping, and the Interstate/major roadways. I didn't try the breakfast and instead opted to go to Panera's across the street.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ellen23456
Richard P, General Manager at Courtyard Hartford Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear W H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding the Marriott Courtyard Farmington and the Brand. I will ensure your feedback the brand is forwarded. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay at our property. I hope if you are in the area again you give us another opportunity to serve you.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Hartford Farmington

Reviewed 7 September 2013

We used miles to stay here, so we may be overly generous with the review because we didn't have to actually pay for it. But, we stayed in room 322 (I think), which was great because the windows overlooked the big awning to the main entrance so it was a bit private. The room itself was very clean, and the living space was slightly nicer than other courtyards I've been to. the bathroom was exactly as in other courtyards, though the shower was a little bigger. Now, the shower curtain smelled a little like urine but I think it was mildew. Also, the tub clogged so after 1 minute in the shower, the water was already an inch above the tub floor.

We told the front desk the next morning, and when we got back it was fixed. I should mention the front office/reception staff are super friendly. We didn't spend time there except to sleep and shower, but it was very comfortable (except the pillows, which were very mushy). We didn't eat the buffet breakfast (I think it was $13 or so per person) - there are multiple places nearby to grab breakfast. It's next door to a barnes and noble, close to panera bread, and westfarms mall which has a nordstrom cafe. We'd stay again here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and have always been happy. The front desk people are great - very friendly and always willing to help out with directions or a restaurant recommendation. It is a typical Courtyard, but the hotel is clean and there is plenty of free parking. I have stayed there when it was just myself and my daughter and always felt very safe. It is very close to a mall and several restaurants (some in the mall itself). Also has a Barnes & Noble right next door. I always pick this hotel when I have to be anywhere near that area and would highly recommend it to others (and have in fact, recommended it to friends)

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I had a room with a king size bed in it, the space was a nice size. The Bed as always is very comfortable. Free WIFI, plenty of outlets to charge all of my many devices.

The bed is facing towards the window, and the TV is on the furniture off to the right. I never understand why hotels do that. I'm aware you can turn the TV towards the bed, but I never like that in a hotel room.

The Staff is nice, there are plenty of places to park, and its close to a nice mall, and plenty of other places to shop and spend money.

There is a Barnes and Nobles next door, Mcdonalds, Burger King and Chilis

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I agree with the few reviews of this property that suggested it's not quite up to Marriott standards, but my overall experience was still pretty good. The hotel was easy to get to, but a little cumbersome to get out of, because of the one-way road and limited U-turns. It appears to be fairly new, but is already showing a few signs of wear and tear, like the wallpaper that's bubbling in the bathroom and the oil spots on the bathroom ceiling. Other than the slightly moldy shower curtain, the room was very clean, and the sheets and pillows were crisp and clean and perfect. The A/C worked very well, which isn't always the case these days, even in more expensive hotels. On the other hand, there was no A/C in the elevator, which had to be 130 degrees. The television and remote worked better than most. There's a very small swimming pool and a hot tub, along with a business area, a restaurant area, and a bar area. The exercise room seemed adequate, but one of the three (?) machines was out of order. The few staff members I came into contact with were very friendly and helpful. The general area appears to be pretty safe, and there's a Panera nearby (although in the wrong direction of the one-way street), as well as a shopping mall and a few gas stations and fast-food joints. All in all, I would give it a solid 3 to 3.5 stars, and well worth the price I paid (but not worth the published price). I hope this is helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Richard P, General Manager at Courtyard Hartford Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Dear David H,

I pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I have certainly noted and discussed the issues that you encountered during your stay. I hope when you return to the area you will give us the opportunity to exceed your solid stay with an exceptional one.

860-521-7100

Reviewed 12 July 2013

The location was perfect for our teenage sons baseball tournament at CCSU. The staff was courteous yet very over worked and the hotel was understaffed for a very busy weekend in June. For example, the one person working the Sunday breakfast, made omlets, bussed tables, and rang up checks. When asked about this he said he stepped up to help out but was actually the manger of housekeeping. This hotel did not live up to the standards of the Marriotts we are used too. We were disappointed with the cleanliness of our room and the bathroom door lock was completely broken. It was the second room they put us in so we didn't complain. The first one was a handicapped room on the first floor between the pool, elevators, staircase and exit. Oh and the air conditioning transformers were out the window!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Mamalovestravel,

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I apologize for the multiple issues you encountered that resulted in your disappointment with your stay. As a loyal Marriott customer, I’m disappointed we didn’t meet and exceed your expectations. I have shared this information with the leadership team at our daily meeting. I would love to have the opportunity to further discuss your stay and set up a return visit so we have the opportunity to provide you with the level of service and accommodations that you have come to expect as a loyal Marriott customer.

860-521-7100

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Hotel appears new, well furnished, easy to get to from the freeway, GREAT staff, but I just don't get why chains are going "on the cheap" when building their sites. I would recommend staying on the top floor. Inevitably I seem to end up below a guest who needs to do aerobics, or move furniture at 2:00 am. Why get a hotel room to move furniture for an hour? Maybe I don't understand today's travelers. None the less, I called the desk to ask if I could move up for my second night. Can't go back to sleep now some two hours later, so my advice is shoot for the top floor if you want to sleep during the night's stay. Otherwise a nice property at a good rate.

Room Tip: TOP FLOOR. Marriott got the cheap 3/8ths plywood for this one.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank OnTheRoadAgnn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington
Homewood Suites Hartford Farmington
Farmington Inn
Farmington Inn
#5 of 6 in Farmington
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
Avon Old Farms Hotel

Been to Courtyard Hartford Farmington? Share your experiences!