“Old but comfortable”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Farmington
Milan, Italy
“Old but comfortable”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Pleasant staff: this is for sure the best characteristic of this hotel.
On the other hand if you consider the room and the lobby they are a bit old fashioned and sometimes not working properly. In fact when I arrived I was very tired and almost went directly to bed. In the night (at 3!) I was woken by the air conditioning, till then off, and tremendously noisy. I was lucky because this room was not so hot and I was able to sleep even with A/C off.
Rooms are large with a king size bed and standard facilities.
Breakfast was a bit basic but always enjoyable.
Other good point the position: a good mall and many restaurants are in the neighborhood.

Green Features: Low committment: in fact there's no management of the room with badge or something similar: that is you can forget all lights and A/C on and ther's not any atuomatic switch off once you leave the room.
1 Thank profiri
Richard P, General Manager at Courtyard Hartford Farmington, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Profiri,

First, I want to thank you for choosing the Courtyard Farmington and taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Furthermore, I’m excited to let you know our property will begin renovation in 4th quarter this year. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Richard Pennyman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
North Salt Lake, Utah
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Long night to night, flight delays, broken AC in the Plane, and then, get to the hotel after midnight, and even though I am a frequent stayer at Marriott's, and the room was all paid they gave away my room. Made me drive across town to another hotel, and then only stay there for one night and have to come back and stay for the other 2 nights in this place that did not have the respect for me to me to not give away my room. Do not stay in this Courtyard!!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
Dear Coachsingleton,

First, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay and follow up to the communication our leadership team has had directly with you regarding this incident. I can’t begin to imagine your frustration after a long day to find you have no room at our hotel. For that I truly apologize and I can ensure we don’t take that lightly here at our hotel.

Please feel free to contact me again if you would like to discuss this situation further.

Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife regularly stays at this property for work and I occasionally join her. The facility is a typical Courtyard, although it appears to have been updated fairly recently. The rooms are very quiet, the bedding above average. Fitness center is a little weak - two treadmills, elliptical, and weights but serviceable.

What is noteworthy about this facility is the very pleasant and helpful staff. At our recent stay my wife had misplaced her receipt from the previous week's stay. I asked Amy at the front desk is she could locate a copy, scan it and e-mail it to my wife. By the time I returned upstairs I had an email from my wife saying she had received it. Courtyards are pretty similar and enjoyable hotels, this one has staff that goes above and beyond.

Room Tip: Fourth floor at the end away from the main road.
Dear Corkquiz,

First, I want to thank you for choosing the Courtyard Farmington and taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Stratford, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We went for 1 night, wished we had booked 2! Went to an event in Hartford. Large room (King with pull out), set up well, with fridge and coffee pot. Large bathroom, with seat in tub (want that set up at home, now!). Free coffee and cookies in the lobby, comfortable seating with television in lobby too. Large group of travel b-ball kids and parents that weekend, but the kids were well controlled. Didn't find the hotel noisy at all. We didn't eat there, or drink at the small bar. Very close to WestFarms Mall, other chain restaurants as well. We thought the hotel was not neglected at all, although the mattress could have been firmer (newer?).

Room Tip: 4th floor - quiet!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Judith R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stay at a lot of Marriott hotels and the common theme is these Courtyard Hotels are getting very tired and could use an update.
And no updating the lobby isn't good enough since guests stay in their room and not the lobby.

Hotel was VERY noisy and the gap around the door in our room was so large it was like we left the left on all night in our room.

Breakfast was more like a lower tier hotel and the restaurant did not serve food at night...seemed strange.

I don't think I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Richard P, General Manager at Courtyard Hartford Farmington, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Nailmark,

First, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I truly apologize that we didn't exceed your expectations on your last visit. Our hotel will begin a full renovation November of this year.

If you would like to discuss your stay further feel free to contact me at my contact information below.

860-521-7100
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This was a great short-stay hotel. I traveled with a school aged child and a teenager. And we stayed in a king suite big enough for the entire family. The buffet breakfast had great choices and the staff was extremely attentive and helpful. The location was amazing - so close to malls and other restaurants. The next time I am in Farmington, I will be sure to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose the 1 bedroom king suite when traveling with a large family or kids. Roll away beds are also...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Richard P, General Manager at Courtyard Hartford Farmington, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Comeflywithm,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with with us and look forward to the chance to serve you again.

Arlington, VA
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Since our stay here five years ago, this Courtyard has been neglected by mother Marriott. Worn furniture, frayed drapes; dim lighting. No suitcase racks, safes or charging stations. The breakfast buffet needs a quality upgrade for those avoiding omelet/meat breakfasts, or better, become The Market restaurant as in other Courtyard Marriotts (a category is this hotel's customer evaluation form). I get that the hotel hosts many high school and college sports teams (one on our floor had to be de-partied by the management at 2 a.m.), and maybe Marriott is going to keep this crowded moneymaker going the way it is. But we'll give the competition a very serious look before going back.

Room Tip: Ask management not to put you near any youth travel groups; there are many.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Richard P, General Manager at Courtyard Hartford Farmington, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Slight81,

First,

I wanted to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I have shared your comments with our leadership team. Furthermore, we do compile and share this information with the Marriott and our owners.

If you find yourself returning to the area, please feel free to reach out to me directly and I’ll personally handle your arrangements.

Kind Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington
#1 of 1 in West Hartford
Hilton Hartford
Hilton Hartford
#2 of 12 in Hartford

Been to Courtyard Hartford Farmington? Share your experiences!