“Moderate Hotel, needs to be updated”

Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Farmington
MERRIMACK
“Moderate Hotel, needs to be updated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012 via mobile

Spent one night here when in the area for business. Hotel is modern and updated from outside, in business park so very quiet. Check in was fine and friendly, room was decent but needs to be updated, old tv, old kitchen etc. Building is a wood frame so you can hear yourself and everyone walking on the creaky floors. Room smelled but I think it was a deodorant they used to kill what used to be smoking rooms? But for one night it was ok. It was very quiet area and easy on/off the highway. The "gourmet" breakfast was a pot of coffee and some bagged pastries, so plan on breakfast out. Probably would try and find another place next time in the area...

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay Deluxe Hartford - Farmington. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies
We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a great room at a great rate, while still giving you something extra, like our expanded coffee bar. I do certainly recognize, however, that if you are looking for a full breakfast, our coffee bar won't satisfy you. I sincerely wish we had been better able to communicate exactly what our morning service includes so that you would not have been disappointed.
Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of our guest corridors, to the personalized voicemail, is an integral part to creating a ""home away from home"" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard operating procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

I feel Extended Stay Deluxe Hartford- Farmington is home away from home. I am there on a weekly basis and have to say that all the staff are friendly, helpful, and professional. The hotel overall quality assurance is 100%. They are the "h" hospitality. I will recommend the hotel for any business or vacation long-term stay.

I will like to say to the hotel corporate office you really have a great team at your Hartford- Farmington location.

Thanks

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Hartford - Farmington. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.
Please know that we are thrilled to have you as our guest each week, and thank you for your continued loyalty. Your willingness to recommend our hotel to others means more than we can say. Finally, thanks again for all of your very kind words.
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

Extended Stay Deluxe in Farmington is perfectly suited to meet all my needs for a two week stay for health treatment. The staff members are kind, friendly, and helpful. I would like to acknowledge Evan, Liz, Danielle, Alicia, Matt, Lola, Julie, Jose and Brian with thanks.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Hartford - Farmington. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. To see our colleagues mentioned by name is especially rewarding for all of us.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Best rate in town, full kitchen, clean room, friendly staff, honestly what more do you need? Also offered free breakfast and Matt was very helpful.

Room Tip: They do have some smoking rooms so be sure to request non-smoking!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Hartford – Farmington, and to mention our friendly staff, and Matt in particular. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, free in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

West Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel has the best rates in the Hartford, CT and is good for a long-term stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Hartford - Farmington. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

the hotel was kinda vacant so it was perfect. I was in town dealing with the death of my father and funeral etc so I didn't wish to be around alot of people. I saw other cars but i felt like I had the hotel to myself... maybe because I was hardly there at times but I never had to wait or share the elevator with anyone but my daughter. It was great. The free breakfast is packaged bagels and muffins and a peice of fruit with coffee. The staff was nice. Only had one problem with the door key but had that taken care of rather quickly. The room was great with fully equipped kitchenette. Location is great access to highway.

This hotel served the purpose that I needed & it was very clean.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family

Farmington, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2011

Great Value for Money but the hotel is very unclean, they allow pets in the rooms and there are no clear smoking rooms, I ended up in a Smoking room and was told I couldnt change but they would spray it. i have stayed several times and the rooms are dirty, there are always hairs in the baths and sinks from previous guests, dog haird ont he floor - its disgusting but cheap !

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington
Farmington Inn
Farmington Inn
#3 of 7 in Farmington
Homewood Suites Hartford Farmington
Courtyard Hartford Farmington
Red Roof Inn Hartford - New Britain
Fairfield Inn & Suites Plainville

Been to Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington? Share your experiences!