“Great Staff, and a bed that I wish I could have taken home with me.”

Hartford Marriott Farmington
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Farmington
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The sign entering the area immediately made me think- it's going to be an old Marriott building. It's a pretty big hotel by Marriott next to the highway standards. You drive all the way into an office complex-until you reach the end and voila there is the Marriott.

We were here for a wedding this past weekend and the staff was very concerned with their guest's experience. I have not experience this kind of attention at a Marriott in a long time. I have to say the staff made our experience a lovely one. Our room was perfect for our needs. The rooms remind me of an older Marriott-that is they are not dated but they were all on the smaller side from what I could tell. Our room had a king size bed in it.and it took up most of the space in the room-but the hot hot shower and bath and body works toiletries made up for the lack of space.

Oh -be sure to plug the iron into the wall socket and not into the computer bar.. you'll short a fuse and have to move the iron across the room.. simple enough to re-set but just a good to know if you have a hot iron, ironing boards and luggage spread through out.

The indoor pool was clean and the temperature perfect. Breakfast was yummy with an omelet station, fresh fruit and enough option to choose from. The options were not over the top but the quality of what was offered was top notch. The beds were super comfortable. The fire was on when we walked around the lobby. There is coffee (pay for) available around the corner and sushi made in the same area in the evenings.

The bar hosted our rowdy St. Patrick's Day wedding after party crowd very well. I'm sure that this hotel has a much different crowd on weekdays given it's location than the wedding goers we were during the weekend. We were the only people in the lounge and bar area on St. Patrick's day night so the location unless there is a wedding or some sort of "event" at the hotel... it is likely to be a pretty quiet place to chill. If you are looking for quiet- you might want to ask if there is anything going on there that weekend.

We were able to sleep with no issues and able to participate as desired with the wedding party peeps. It was a wonderful weekend and although I didn't think much of the hotel itself when I walked in- I left saying- this was a great stay in a nice hotel with a dedicated staff.

Later in the spring or during the summer when their outdoor pool is open I bet that the inner court yard is gorgeous.- I saw some of the rooms had balcony's and if the weather was nice while we were there- I might have asked to see if we could have upgraded to one if the cost wasn't too much. but again, I truly can't say enough about the staff at this location.

Being a family that travels frequently - having a nice, responsive and friendly staff- really made this Marriott stand out from the "rest".

Room Tip: ask for one that has a balcony facing the pool area on a high floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 February 2012

This hotel is tucked away in an office park. The lobby was quite welcoming with a fire and chairs set-up to read or relax. The hotel staff at check-in was very helpful, polite, and welcoming. Our room was tidy and it had a balcony, which would have been great for warmer months. The room had a musky smell, but otherwise seemed clean. The beds were comfortable. We used the indoor pool and hot tub several times with the kids during our overnight stay and it was a good temperature and clean. The hotel restaurant was not great for dinner, but the buffet in the morning was delicious and totally worth the $15.00. Overall a nice stay. Close to the westfarms mall and less than 15 min. from Hartford XL center.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Erin S
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We stayed at the Farmington CT Marriott for one night on February 18th 2012. Upon check-in the girl at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. She acknowledged my Elite status, thanked me for being a member and for choosing Marriott for my stay. This hotel does not have any free internet. However when I asked about the internet I was told there is no free internet but as an Elite Member the hotel would provide a free access code for my stay. I was very pleased with this hotel and the service at this hotel. In the evening there was complimentary hot chocolate and cookies in the lobby. The concierges desk in the lobby is a nice touch. They were helpful and always saying hello and asking if they could be of assistance any time we saw them. We were given a first floor room close to the lobby as per my request. The room was very nice and modern looking. It seemed clean and well maintained. The supplies for coffee are stored in a large box near the desk and was well supplied. The bathroom had plenty of towels and was stocked with shampoo, conditioner, mouth wash and body lotion. We visited the pool many times. The pool area is very clean and also seems well maintained. The pool temperature was perfect for long swims and was nice and warm so it was easy to enjoy for a long period of time. The hot tub is very large approximately 10' in diameter and was warm enough to enjoy without being extremely hot. The buffet breakfast seemed a bit expensive at 15.00 per person but was a good value because of the selection. There was plenty of fresh fruit such as blackberries, grapefruit, strawberries, oranges, cantaloupe etc. In addition to eggs, waffles, bacon, sausage, omelets and hash browns. There is also the usual breakfast pastries, breads, yogurt and bottled water. We also asked for an order of pancakes and one was provided to us at no extra charge. The selections make the cost of the breakfast well worth the expense. This was our first stay at this property and we will definitely be back because of the excellent staff service, quality breakfast and the nice warm pool. I would not hesitate to stay in this resort again.

Room Tip: The breakfast is worth the cost. The staff is very helpful with special requests.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many, many times over the past few years. What I like about it is it's comfortable, and very clean. The staff is friendly, and very professional. They have a decent restaurant/bar, and even a sushi bar on site. That's all so part of the problem. They got you there, and they know it so they charge an arm and a leg for everything. There isn't much that's convenient to this hotel, and it's a place that has everything available. A bar, and food so why leave the hotel. My biggest complaint with this place is they actually charge for Internet. With the price of the room, and your dinner you actually have to pay to check your email. I travel all over the east for work, and this is the only hotel that charges for Internet. I do recommend this hotel over others available in the area, but expect to pay for it. My only other complaint is they always seem to have some large group booked there that is comprised of mostly families with young children. I don't know when parents started allowing children to run screaming up ,and down hallways at 10:30 at night, but this is where those families choose to stay. It seems the nicer car they drive the more undisciplined their children are. That's a whole other rant though.

Room Tip: Most first floor rooms have outdoor patios
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank UncleSparky1970
Reviewed 16 January 2012

love the hotel so nice and clean the 2 pools very good personnel very nice it was a good experience.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2011

The rooms were very nice but the lobby and rest of the hotel could use some updating. Nice size rooms and bathrooms. We were here for a wedding and that's the only reason we stayed here. We would have definitely chosen a different hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank spaintravelerAtlanta
MarriottFarmington, General Manager at Hartford Marriott Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2012

Dear 'spaintravellerAtlanta',

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at our hotel. Your experience is important to us.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 22 December 2011

I stayed for one night last week on a business trip. A bit hard to find, tucked back into a business park, but very welcoming once you arrive. There was a crackling fire, with coffee, tea and cookies in the lobby - a very nice first impression. Check-in was quick and efficient, and the rooms clean, well appointed - typical Marriott style. I don't typically eat in the hotel resturants, but it was late and there was nothing around, so we gave it a try. I'd say the food was very pricey - the bill was over $135 with no drinks, but the food was surprisingly good. The steaks were cooked perfectly. Breakfast the next day was the typical $15 buffet, nothing special. There is a Starbucks in the lobby, so that was good. On an amusing note, it seemed like the hotel must have just finished some sort of client facing training. Every employee was singing out "hello", "good morning" and even "I like your shirt!" Very enthusiastic, and perhaps a bit jarring at 6am. Nothing negative, but it was a bit over the top with forced enthusiasm. Overall, it felt like a more upscale Marriott. The food and room were a bit pricy, hence 4 stars, but I do recommend it and will go back if business takes me to the area.

Room Tip: There are 2 buildings - be sure to ask for a room in the main building, or you are looking at a long...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington
Homewood Suites Hartford Farmington
Courtyard Hartford Farmington
Farmington Inn
Farmington Inn
#5 of 6 in Farmington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington

Been to Hartford Marriott Farmington? Share your experiences!