“Brand new registration area. Joseph is the man.”

Hartford Marriott Farmington
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Farmington
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Having stayed here before and it's always been comfortable.
Tonight we were traveling late and a party of four in two rooms.
We were running late and called to see if we could order dinner before
the kitchen closed. Joseph was so helpful and enthusiastic to help us with
our every request. Everything we ordered was perfect.
Joseph is a diamond in the rough. Thank you Joseph.
As far as the room it was fine and comfortable.
Always know what we are getting.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 November 2013

This is our second stay at this hotel. Wonderful staff, but the hotel is tired. It's as though the maintenance team is off duty...floors need swept, hardware attached on door handles, and TP roll falling out of the wall.
The towels we first got were horrible, but the team replaced them rapidly. The heating system is loud and must run all evening to keep you warm.
The pool and spa are nice, neat,but just not that clean an area. (All my reviews stem for cleanliness and service because the details make the stay).

Great location, good breakfast station, coffee bar lacking in supplies and heat of coffee. We were told to try the Homewood suites next time we come, I hate to switch as this is a great suburban location, but we may compare on our next trip.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I've stayed at this hotel more than 20 times over the past 10 months and typically I get very good service. However, this time my experience was the opposite. When checking in, I am told that there are no rooms with King sized beds left even though I am an elite Silver member and my room type was confirmed during reservation. The guest behind me was able to secure a King sized bed though :-( .

Later in the evening I venture to the restaurant to get food to bring back to my room and upon returning to my room there was no fork or spoon to eat with. I called downstairs and asked for utensils and was told that room service was closed. Did I mention there was no straw for my drink either?

This isn't my typical experience at this hotel but definitely a memorable one in a negative way.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Rooms have double beds not queens. Needed to call housekeeping to change sheets as they were stained. Noticed on the side of the night table nobody bothered to clean...kinda grossed me out but I put a pillow there so I wouldn't see or touch it. Both incidents made me wonder what else wasn't cleaned so well. As we are platinum members thought we would get treated better. We didn't get everything we were entitled to as platinum members. I will say though that it was quiet at night and couldn't hear the people above or next to us (if there were any) The staff was very nice and friendly, even housekeeping was lovely when she came to change the sheets.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Dino D, General Manager at Hartford Marriott Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Good Afternoon!

I apologize that you felt cheated in receiving the proper amount of points as a Platinum member. I spoke to our Front Office manager as it is very important that this is addressed. Perhaps you were not aware but you were in fact awarded 500 points initially and then an additional 1,500 points {you get a choice of breakfast or 750 points per night on the weekends and you selected the points} I also added an additional 2,500 points as a one time appreciation of your status. Once again, I apologize that you felt this way and appreciate your comments regarding our staff. I will be sure to address your concerns with our housekeeping staff. Please feel free in contacting my direct line to discuss your awarded points at 860-409-6603.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We had a family mini-reunion to go see "Barnum" at the U of Hartford. The group booked 21 rooms and everyone had a very good experience. The staff was very helpful and patient with us. 55 of us gathered in the bar/lobby area with no warning, they handled the attack quit well. We had a blast.
I loved the bed and pillows, very comfy. The room was clean and comfortable with only one exception, the room got a little too warm. Probably not their fault due to the building turned on the heat due to a cold spell and could not put back the AC. I do not know how old the system is. I finally realized I could open the window a little, that helped. I hope this will not be an issue next time I stay there, because I will.
Also, missed having a mini frig in room, maybe next time I will ask for one.
Indoor pool was wonderful and clean
Loved the weekend!

Room Tip: Depending on the weather, try to get a room that does not get direct sun or will be too warm. Also...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Dino D, General Manager at Hartford Marriott Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Good Morning!

Thank you for your comments regarding our staff and facility. I also appreciate your understanding of the sudden climate change. Look forward to your return trip!

Have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving!

Warm Regards,

Dino DiMattia

Reviewed 21 October 2013

my experience with the Marriott in Farmington Conn, was just awesome..the staff was amazing, most helpful at all times.. the rooms were great, the beds are awesome just wanted to stay in lol...wish I could have brought it home with me... food was great! What more can I say I am looking forward to another stay at your hotel..would an will recommend it too all my friends... Thank You

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Dino D, General Manager at Hartford Marriott Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Good Afternoon!

Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our hotel and staff. The renovations are finished and we are all very excited! All the new furniture was placed in the lobby and lounge today and it looks fantastic. We hope that you come back soon to enjoy our new home!

Warm Regards,

Dino DiMattia

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed in room 340 for the past 2 nights - and had only slightly luke warm water for the shower in the morning. Today I showered at 4am so it was not an issue of peak demand.

Also the room AC/ fan howls all night long - must be up around 75dbA

not up to par for a Marriot

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the A and B side
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank shanghaipitta
Dino D, General Manager at Hartford Marriott Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Good Afternoon!

Thank you for informing me of your challenge regarding no hot water in your guest room as well as the fan noise. I will have my Chief Engineer inspect these issues immediately. When this room is vacant we will conduct a thorough inspection to identify what has caused not having any hot water. The current temperature of the water is 121 degrees that is running in the building. We value all of our guests feedback and we wished we had the opportunity to take care of these issues while you were here. We apologize for your inconvenience and we will take care of this immediately. Thank you for bringing the fan and water temperature to our attention.

Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
Courtyard Hartford Farmington
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington
Homewood Suites Hartford Farmington
Farmington Inn
Farmington Inn
#5 of 6 in Farmington
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut

Been to Hartford Marriott Farmington? Share your experiences!