“Always great!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Max Fish

Max Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
Max Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 90 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: When you're in the mood for good service and great seafood be sure to check out Max Fish, the newest of the Max Restaurant Groups fine dining establishments. True to the Max Restaurant Groups mission statement, this restaurant embodies an uncompromising commitment to quality service, style and superb cuisine that made the Max Group famous. The menu at Max Fish features a wide array of the finest seafood and raw bar items, made from only the freshest and highest quality ingredients, with something sure to please every member of your group. The Shark Bar at Max Fish also offers a lighter variety of seafood and Max classics in an exciting and up tempo environment. Max Fish is sure to offer you a pleasant and unique dining experience every time you visit. Please stop by soon to see our beautiful new restaurant!
“Always great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Best fish restaurant in the Hartford area. Great food and wine menu. Service is what you expect for a top shelf restaurant. Opa special was great. Curry soup the same.

Connecticut
“Even people who don't like fish can be happy here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Like all the Max restaurants, Max Fish strives to make you happy with great food and service. We had a wonderful waiter and great food. For example, when I asked for wine suggestions for the cod, he suggested two wines, one expensive, one at the lowest price, giving me the choice of whether to economize or not. He knew the menu backward and forward. I'm not usually a fish eater, but the Catalonian dish of cod with Romesco sauce was so good, I wanted to order a second meal of it. For those who don't eat fish, there are steaks, a burger, and pasta. My only complaint is that the walls are subway tile, as in a fish market, so sounds bounce off the tile and make the restaurant noisy. Highly recommended.

western new england
“They made it right”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I gave an honest but unimpressive review a month ago. The GM called me and invited me back and asked for an opportunity to make it right. This time, everything was superb. The four of us had four separate dishes and all were outstanding. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the GM read my review, admitted his error, and then made sure we had a good experience. Not sue that happens everywhere, but it did at Max Fish and they deserve some props for that.

Visited May 2014
Oberlin, Ohio
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

We had an excellent meal and did not feel rushed as often seems to happen. We had the mussels from the raw bar, field green salads, hot and sour soup and filet mignon. The soup was quite hot and not as flavorful as I had hoped but everything else was quite good. The filet was melt-in-your-mouth tender. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about all the menu selections. Would certainly go back and would highly recommend this place for a romantic dinner.

CT
“First Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

We frequent Max Amore in the same shopping plaza as Max Fish as well as Max Downtown and Trumbull Kitchen. We have always avoided Max Fish as I am not a seafood either. My wife does enjoy it and I recently had someone tell me that they had a great Filet Mignon there. We showed up on a Thursday night without a reservation and were seated right away. The ambiance and atmosphere were what I would expect from a Max Restaurant Group property. Our server brought out a small plate of picked cucumber slices with seaweed that were tasty. She then came back with rolls, crackers and butter, all very good. The drink menu was excellent with some varied drinks. We are considering going back just to sit at the bar for drinks and apps. We ordered Caipirinhas which were just as tasty as what we drank on a recent visit to Rio.

Again, as I am not a seafood lover, I ordered the Flat Iron Steak rather than the Filet Mignon as it came with mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus. The steak was cooked just the way I ordered it. My wife always has a hard time deciding what to eat and asked our server for her recommendation. One of her suggestions was the Grilled Yellowfin Tuna She ordered it rare and it came out perfect. She says it was one of the best she had had.

Service was good and not hovering. Even the hostess came by to help buss the table. I think we hve found a new restaurant to place into our rotation.

1 Thank hedo_traveler