“Disappointed”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Welles-Turner Memorial Library
More attraction details
Owner description: Glastonbury, Connecticut's public library offers the traveler resources such as free Wi-Fi, public access computers and printing, copiers, newspapers, restrooms, free maps of the Town of Glastonbury.
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I just joined Wells Turner Library for myself and my family. I had what i thought was a minor situation so I reached out to Debbie ( library supervisor) and I was so disappointed. She was condisending, rude and made me feel like i was nothing. I do customer service and I would NEVER treat our customers liek that. I again am very disappointed!

1  Thank Navywife107

Reviewed 26 February 2014

That's how often me and my family are there! A fabulous library - great kid's and teen section. Gotta love a great public library!

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Maybe the Gbury Librarians should try to find a book, maybe with a title "Anachronisms All Around Us" as that is what this bloated, tax wasting building seems to me. What this library offers would not even be relevant 15 years, let alone today. The design is horrible. Seriously, this is the best building Glastonbury could do? Yeah, this structure would look ok in Kiev or Budapest, but it falls flat and is simply ugly (this not only includes the addition - the addition is worse). Further, the services the library provides are basically irrelevant to the knowledge generation. Ok, I get it, you help out some poor people file their welfare pmts, or whatever, but for the folks paying tons of taxes, this dump has virtually no value.

btw, the place is dirty.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Welles-Turner is the quintessential community library. It's historic presence in the center of town has always been a beacon of the community and continues to satisfy reader's and researchers alike. The efficiency of the library staff is always above the average and you can always be guaranteed of the help you need and the kindness to go with it.

I enjoy the option of self-serve check-out and the library's online capabilities. If you haven't visited a library in some time, you will be surprised at the capability in keeping up with today's environment and Welles-Turner will not disappoint.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

I needed to get a hard to find book for my daughter for a school project. The librarians were very friendly and helpful