“Interesting Meal”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our creative menu is sure to excite your palate. We pride ourselves on our seasonally changing menu selections we refer to as “Kooky Konkoctions”, or, of course you can always create your own. We cater all types of occasions from elaborate full service special events, weddings, parties, corporate meetings, private dinner, backyard picnics to simple delivery drop-offs and everything in between.The Spicy Green Bean, more than anything else, is about great taste and quality food. Variety comes in a close second. You'll be able to return again and again and have something great and different, every time.Our bakery selections are baked fresh daily so each day the selections vary - Stop in and see what we have or call in advance to place a special order. Each day we usually have a varied selection of fresh baked cookies, cupcakes, brownies, bars, cakes, and homemade ice creams!!
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I had heard so much about this place I had to try it. I ordered a brunch special which was a Southern Specialty. It included several delicious grilled shrimp but the grits and other items on the plate were not well prepared. I was very disappointed. However, to be fair, I had just come from the South and had many local dishes. Maybe I was spoiled. However, I ate little.

The service was friendly. However, we received our mimosas towards the end of our meals which was bizarre. We had asked for them early on but they never came until near the end.

I learned a lesson. If you want Southern food, don't order it in Glastonbury.

spicygreenbean, Owner at The Spicy Green Bean, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Hi Keesar,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us we really appreciate it!! Sorry the mimosas took so long to get I will address that right away and we hope to see you soonso we can get a five star review!!!..Kath

Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

I really loved the food! It was such a great selection and it reminded me of home cooked food with a nice flare. The resturant is small and can be a bit loud but still enjoyable. I thought the service was really good, and I was pleased that they were able to accommodated my two year old daughter with a wonderful kids menu. It was just perfect for younger taste buds, and nice small portions. I would with out a doubt go back there. Perfect for a lunch date!The only thing I would change is the parking get there before the rush or you won't be able to park near the resturant. Keep up the good work Bean!!

Hi Melissa,
I thought I responded to you so sorry if this gets sent twice but THANK YOU SOOO much for the praise we really appreciate it!!! Hope to see you soon...Kath

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Service was ridiculously slow, even though restaurant was only half filled. Took over 2 hours to get our simple entrees! Another group who arrived some time before us only got served about the time we got our entrees, so their wait was even longer than ours.

Waiter didn't have a clue about the menu - said the soup of the day was Borscht, when the board on the back wall (which we didn't see initially) said Corn Chowder. When asked about the chowder, he said "of course we have it".

Food was mediocre at best. Steak was smothered in cheese, onions, and a thick gravy, all sitting on top of soggy french fries. Had to peel away layers of goop to find the meat, which was fatty (couldn't see the fat for all the coverings, had to taste to find it).

The menu looks good for sandwiches and salads, which we didn't try, but the service was so poor we'd never go there again.

BTW - its a BYOB location - bring lots of wine, you're going to be there awhile!

Hi Fusion Pilot,
Thank you for your review thats how we learn sorry you did not have a pleasant time hopefully you will give us another chance to WOW you!!! Thanks again...Kath

Reviewed 28 September 2013

This is the greatest little restaurant around. There is a wide choice of dishes, well-prepared and presented. The combinations are inspired.

spicygreenbean, Owner at The Spicy Green Bean, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Hi Jill,
Thank you so much for the Fantastic review we really appreciate it!! We really hope to see you soon

Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

I do a lot if catered lunches for my job, and I am thrilled that someone turned me on to this place! The samdwiches are excellent, and a great change from your ordinary deli offerings. People also loved the pickles and green beans. The eggplant was a huge hit , too.

Rock on Melissa, Thank you sooo much we really appreciate the praise!!!! Were trying to keep you guys interested in fun food so hopefully were Wowing you!!! Please come in soon..Kath