“ok food, but great margaritas!”

Jalisco Mexican Restaurant Grill & Cantina
Ranked #63 of 88 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Cuisines: Mexican
east coast
“ok food, but great margaritas!”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I've had great Mexican food, and this is not great...it is ok. I've been there as part of a large party and the main draw seems to be the freshly made margaritas. They are wonderful and big, but also expensive. such is life.

The food will get you by, but it isn't something that is worth going back for. our server was very nice and everything came out promptly. the nacho's to start were good, but the salsa wasn't my favorite kind...I had the feeling it had recently come out of a can.

While the good margarita is expensive the food is fairly cheap. so maybe it's worth one stop, but i'm not sure if it's worth another visit after that.

Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Worst Food I've Had in a While”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I was very disappointed during my visit to Jalisco Restaurant this past week. Before we were seated, the table was wiped with a wet wet cloth. The table was still wet as we were seated. It had a very musty odor. I ordered the Jalisco Steak from the menu, which was fairly expensive. The waitress said that it was a very good choice. When I received it, it was full of gristle and barely edible. It was served with lumpy rice and not-so-appetizing beans. The waitress appeared to be a pleasant person. When she asked about how I liked my meal, I told her that the steak was full of grizzle, and I showed her what I left on my plat,e uneaten. She said that's good that I told her because that is the kind of information they want to have. But that was it, no offer to provide an edible steak in its place, no comp desert, no reduction in the amount of the check. I will not return to Jalisco Restaurant in Glastonbury. I can find much better food in Glastonbury at much lower prices. You should also.

1 Thank Al P
Keene
“Good food, good service, fair prices”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I recently had lunch here with friends. The restaurant is located in a small strip mall just north of Hebron Avenue near the intersection with Wells Street. Parking is plentiful.

Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu. One member of my party asked several questions about ingredients and our server had the answers.

As you would expect in a Mexican restaurant, we were provided with a basket of tortilla chips. They came with dips. One was a traditional salsa; the other was a warm chili-based dip.

The entrees were delivered in a timely manner and were quite good.

All things considered, this was a good choice for a lunch meeting. On my next visit to this area, I'll no doubt return to Jalisco.

Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Great Mexican Food!”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We have been to Jalisco's several different times and really like their Mexican food! We visited again the other night and had a good experience! Our waitress was prompt and very knowledgeable of the menu & ingredients. The food was fresh and hot when it arrived at our table and very tasty! The price is a maybe a touch high, but it is a special little place and authentic Mexican food is hard to come by in this part of the country. We will be back!

• Visited December 2013
Coming soon to a town near you
“Best Mexican I've ever had”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I've eaten at my share of Mexican restaurants. Authentic ones, fast food ones, chain ones, etc. I have NEVER had food as good as they served us tonight at Jalisco. I ordered some enchiladas and they were so tasty I didn't want to stop eating them. My granddaughter ordered a beef taco. The meat was so delicious. I would love to know what spices they used because it so incredibly good. My husband had a burrito and it was as delicious as the rest. We started off with queso dip and that too was delectable. Refried beans were yummy as was the spanish rice. All in all I can't wait to go back. If I could give this place 6 stars, I would!!

• Visited August 2013