“Good place”
Review of Rooftop 120

Rooftop 120
Reserve with OpenTable
Rooftop 120 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 90 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New London Turnpike
Description: Rooftop120 Restaurant and Bar is New England's largest four season rooftop. Located at 120 Hebron Avenue in Eric Town Square, Glastonbury, CT. Come join us inside for a unique dining experience with our specialty cocktails and seasonally inspired menu. Our magnificent, year-round, four season rooftop has amazing views and two fire pits for those cool nights. The excitement of the rooftop is flowing with live music Thursday, Friday, and Saturday Nights. Ask today about hosting your next private function at Rooftop 120. Your guests will be blown away by the fun and friendly atmosphere. Leave the work to us for your next holiday party, birthday party, bachelorette party, or corporate event! We can accommodate up to 80 guests in our private room.
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Ate here on a date, really good cocktails, nice food and helpful staff. Competitive pricing and good atmosphere, would go here again and is always busy as its good!

Reviewed 7 July 2013

I visited this restaurant in June with my son. While parking is terrible for any business in this area, the effort to find a parking spot was satisfied went we took the elevator to Rooftop 120. We were greeted by an attractive ,pleasant and social young lady who engaged us in short conversation and directed us to the bar area, where we had requested. The two bartenders immediately approached us, even though the place was very crowded with the locals just getting out of work. It was happy hour. The cocktails were prepared perfectly. We did not eat at the restaurant due to time restraints. However, many at the bar had ordered numerous bar appetizers and seemed to be sharing and enjoying. I liked this place whenever I am in Glastonbury again, which is often. One thought: While the cocktails prices during happy hour are fair, be alert to when it stops as they do not tell you or ask if you want a drink before ending happy hour prices. A patron always appreciates knowing when it is ending and will show appreciation with a larger than normal gratuity. Notwithstanding Danielle was a delight.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

I recently hosted a celebration dinner at the Rooftop 120. We were excited about dining in this upscale, atmosphere laden hot spot. Our table was out of sight. So was the waitress. After waiting more than 1/4 hour for drinks, we got up to serve ourselves. The party consisted of six people, she gave us five glasses. We had to request from the waitress the sixth glass, and wait for it. So, she was unable to count to six, and place glasses at the place settings. She needed repeated reminders about what was ordered. But, why did she care? 18% gratuity is included in the bill no matter what quality of service. The wait staff impressed us as completely unprofessional, lacking experience. The menu selection is limited, the portions small. The sauteed spinach was delicious but the amount of salt they added to it could preserve an elephant. The bar scene is wild; perhaps most diners are drunk so food and service don't matter.

1  Thank LesA672
Reviewed 23 May 2013

My wife and I ate outside on their bench like seating using cushions that slid all over the place. The waitress said it was a new menu but assured us that they were known for their generous portions. My with ordered a salad with grilled chicken. There were no more that 10 pieces of greens under a 1/2 piece of dried out over cooked chicken breast. My lobster roll was served on a small hot dog roll and contained no more than 3 ounces of the most tasteless, overcooked, dried out lobster I have ever had.We eat out many times each week and on rare occasions we find a place like this. I just move on and don't come back, but my wife felt the need to complain. The waitress tried to tell her it was an appetizer (wrong) but agreed to have the manager come by. His solution was to have the waitress bring her a 3-4" bowl with some more greens. We each had one drink and the bill with tip (yes I still tipped 20%) was $65. One of the most disappointing, unsatisfying meals we have had in a long time. Honestly, as soon as we got home we both had a sandwich to satisfy our hunger. It was a "daily deal" that got us here but there is nothing I can think of that would get us to return.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Three of us went to use a LivingSocial coupon that I had purchased. The whole experience left us hungry. (take an elevator to get there, ugly chartreuse decor, uncomfortable, low, seats that made us feel like we were sitting at a kiddie table)
We got there early, and as we told them we were using a coupon, they told us we could not order any happy hour offerings. I found this odd, in that, we even offered to pay for those as an entirely separate check, etc... nope. They COULDN'T / WOULDN'T do it at all, since we had the coupon.
While the menu items sounded yummy, and the presentation was exquisite, the portions were small. The mini crab cakes were delicious, and the steak & cheese eggrolls great... The salads were ok, except for my lobster salad. Our waitress had told me that it was small, but this was minuscule. There was meat from one claw and knuckle. That's it. And for $13, that was crazy.
We found ourselves eager to be finished with the whole experience, and all agreed that we wouldn't bother going back.
Stick with PlanB downstairs!