“Tall and tasty”

Dining options: After-hours
CT
“Tall and tasty”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Ordered a Black and Tan and was pleasantly surprised with the imperial pint. Good pours on all drinks, whiskey included. Jameson 18 year is on the menu - a nice bonus. Wings were cooked and sauced just right with plenty of blue cheese. Whiskey sauce amazing on the wings. Fish and chips tasty and not super greasy.

East Hartford, Connecticut
“Not Bad”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My husband and I went to this restaurant recently because of a Groupon. I wanted the Lamb Shanks but they were out so I settled on the Buffalo wings and Onion rings. The wings were great and the onion rings were good, i just like mine a little more crispy. My husband ordered the Corned Beef and Cabbage meal which came with carrots and a baked potato. He loved it. Our waitress was very friendly and the order came correct but service was very slow considering the place wasn't crowded but I think I would return with another Groupon. Especially for the wings. She may have been the only waitress there. Prices are reasonable and the drink specials are good. They have a happy hour as well.

• Visited March 2014
“Will NEVER return”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Where do I begin? First, food and service is sub-par. Waitresses solely looking for tip and barely delivering food. Do not try to alter an item on the menu-it will not come the way you asked (ex. Hamburger without cheese because of lactose---it will come with cheese) Would be very skeptical and cautionary if dining with food allergies. Additionally, it's always over crowded. Lastly, I have had the opportunity to see the area where the food is prepared and stored (kitchens and basement of the facility) and I was nauseated by their filth and conditions. Leaks in the basement with food stored right next to them. Kitchen was the farthest thing from tidy with dirty plates stacked up and a suspicious liquid all over the floor. Needless to say, I will not ever be returning.

• Visited February 2014
Connecticut
“No Irish hospitality here!”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

From the incredibly rude greeter at the door to the noise and pushing crowd, this place was a huge disappointment. Perhaps your greeter should travel to Ireland and learn some graciousness and manners. We won't be back.

• Visited January 2014
“First time going, not impressed.”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I am not a picky eater and don't think that I have high expectations as far as service goes but I was really not impressed by the food or service. I went with some friends for trivia night there. I was told the Guinness stew was good so the three of us ordered it. The waitress later came out and said that there was only enough for 2 servings, (this was at 7:30pm) so I changed my order to a onion soup and a Reuben sandwich. I was disappointed not to get the Guinness stew but even more so when I got my sandwich. The corn beef on my sandwich was very fatty and missing the sauerkraut, and the onion soup seemed really sweet. When I asked if the waitress if they had run out of sauerkraut she said the chef had forgotten to put it on but offered me a side of it. I don't see why they didn't offer to discount my meal, I mean I already had to change my order because they didn't have enough food and what they did have was made wrong. I heard from everyone at my table that the food was very hit or miss depending on who was cooking. I don't think I will be returning again. Also, as a side note, I did not know if thy had recently refinished the floors but the place smelled very strongly of varnish or polyurethane floor sealer.

• Visited September 2013