“Very good hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Glastonbury
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 October 2007

I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for two nights on business.

The hotel rooms and property and wonderful, what you have grown to expect from Hilton Garden Inn, I always see good consistent quality across this chain. The bed is very comfortable, more so then most hotels I have been in. The upkeep on cleaning in the room is fantastic, the place is like new. The staff is very nice and accommodating. The fitness center is modern and the equipment works well. The pool is a little small but nice, I didnt go in but it would definitely be nice for soaking I dont think you could do laps in it though.

The breakfast is very good and free for HHonors members which is nice. Very nice hotel, I would easily return next time I am in town. I think its more comfortable then even the full service Hilton in Hartford.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 August 2007

After a disappointing stay at a resort in Stowe, VT, I was very happy to be making a second visit to this hotel. I had stayed here before in January and enjoyed myself then.

The hotel staff was wonderful again. My young son and I joined my husband who had been here for several days, and the woman at the desk knew who we were when we came in. Not sure if we were infamous or not, but I took the celebrity treatment (and the fresh cookies and coffee) anyway.

The hotel is very clean and the rooms are large and all in good repair. The furnishings were all of good quality, with very comfy bedding and soft linens. The bathroom was very clean overall, however I think the floor needed a good mopping. I'm not sure if my husband had let them in for long to clean or not. At any rate, the floor needed the once over, but everything else was good.

The fitness room was pretty nice, definitely clean, and had a nice view of the perpetually unused pool.

All in all, it's a great place for a business stay, or if you have family in town but not enough room in your house - but since this is really not a "destination" area that I can tell, I'd keep this one high on the list for business travel only.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2007

i stayed here for a wedding, the lobby was well maintained and the front desk very polite, though they made a couple of mistakes with hhonor gold status, but it was quickly resolved. The rooms were spotless - i travel a lot, and rarely are they this clean - bed rocked - and the shower, was perfect. a 9 out of 10 hotel.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2006

we stayed at the Hilton Garden for a family wedding, the hotel rooms are very
clean and the front desk staff was great. I had several issues and each one
was met with a solution. Claudia the Manager went above and beyond in
helping us with a problem. The breakfast offerings are excellent BUT pricey and
not included with the room rate. Hilton opened a new hotel right next door that
does include free breakfast so keep that in mind. the pool is indoors and was
clean .

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank lamomma
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 January 2006

We stayed here for 2 nights during our Christmas vacation, the staff were very friendly to us on arrival. The lobby was warm & cosy, great big fire place etc. The room was very comfortable, the breakfast buffet whilst not free was superb. We had room service & the food was great too.

Highly recommended. Thanks to all the staff for a great stay.

• Stayed: January 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 December 2005

Spent a night here in December. Very nice hotel. Spotlessly clean, extremely friendly and helpful staff, got a very good deal. Rooms were spacious. Good TV. Comes with minifridge, microwave, etc. Quiet. Free parking. Came with free breakfast which was excellent: a huge buffet with all the breakfast food you could imagine. Not super fancy stuff, but good foods and lots of choices.

Only one complaint: the hot tub was tepid. I mean room temperature, at best.

• Stayed: December 2005
2  Thank george17
Reviewed 5 November 2005

We stayed for one night. Free cookies in the afternoon. Attractive lobby with fireplaces. Complimentary coffee and newspapers in the morning was a nice perk. Breakfast buffet was additional charge but looked tempting. Hotel room was large and free internet access was great! Only issues were that the beds were not that comfortable (could have been worse, could have been better, but lots of pillows) and air temperature kept cooling room rather than heating it. We just turned it off. One other thing, the hot tubs bubbles weren't working great. Pool is small. But the hot tub was hot atleast! Also the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: November 2005
3  Thank Shoppingtrip
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glastonbury
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford South-Glastonbury
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
Hartford Marriott Downtown
Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites
Hilton Hartford
Hilton Hartford
#2 of 12 in Hartford

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury? Share your experiences!