“Great Staff”

GreenLeadersSilver level
rocky point, United States
“Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

The hotel is always beautifully decorated from the front door and throughtout the entire building. The staff is very helpful. They alwarys have a smile and greet you warmly. They are aready to answer any question and direct you accordingly. Also, the hotel is close to several nice restaurants so you dont have to travel far for a decent meal. Just ask the front desk for a coupon for J Gilberts. they always seem to have them on hand

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIGlastonburyGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for your recent review. The staff certain appreciates being noticed by our guests for doing what they love to do. We look forward to your next visit with us and will have another J Gilberts card ready.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bridgeport, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

This hotel is quite nice, with comfortable rooms and a pleasant staff. I missed having the Jacuzzi (I also missed bringing my swim-suit....) Overall it's in a quiet area, away from the hustle and bustle of the highway and main streets yet close enough to get to the different restaurants and shopping. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
HGIGlastonburyGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you for your recent response and review. We are glad you could enjoy your stay with us and look forward to future visits.
Hopkinton, NH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stay here often as we have family in the area. Everybody is always very helpful and friendly. We just wish the bar was open a bit later than 10:00 PM although there are some great restaurants within walking distance.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for your response. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to any future visits with us in the Glastonbury Area.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Upon returning to the Hilton Garden Inn South/Glastonbury tonight I was followed by one of the overnight employees into the elevator. The employee asked me “What size waist I wear?” and commented on “How well my jeans fit.” Very odd and creepy. I blew it off and went into my room. I had a bad gut reaction and decided to look through the peephole only to find said employee with his hands pressed against the frame of the door and his head pressed against the door to my room. Trying to listen, I suppose. Very, very creepy. I'm curious as to why a Hilton employee would follow a guest back to his/her room and then press his head against the door.
I filed a police report with the Glastonbury Police. To the credit of the Glastonbury Police, the officer arrived quickly and acted professionally. As for Hilton, I called HHonors and explained I was stalked by a hotel employee. The entire call lasted 49 minutes (screen shot available) with the majority of the time being spent on hold (after explaining I was concerned about being stalked by a Hilton staff member). The call ended with Customer Service stating the General Manager would contact me in the morning.
Bottom line, I’m a guy from the City of Chicago; I can handle myself. If I were a woman staying at the hotel I would be very, very concerned. HHonors Customer Service was slow, ineffective and indifferent.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank jamieluety
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights. The hotel was very nice and very clean. Enjoyed the refrigerator and microwave in the room. The beds were comfortable. Great location. Close to alot of restaurants and shops.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
HGIGlastonburyGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for your recent review. We are very pleased you had a chance to stay with us and enjoyed your experience. We hope you will stay with us again if your travels bring you back to the area.
Shanghai, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

The hotel is not bad. the service is not bad. there are 2 doors between 2 rooms, which made noise in the mid-night from the other room. that's really terrible experience. The hotel is not bad. the service is not bad. there are 2 doors between 2 rooms, which made noise in the mid-night from the other room. that's really terrible experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

West Bridgewater, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

This hotel was very good,,,Clean, comfotable and plenty of nice restaurants within walking distance...Also, coffee was available at 5am...Very nice fitness room (and pool) for morning exercising --- and a nice location for an outside jog!

Room Tip: Easy access to highways