“Worth another try”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
CT
“Worth another try”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Tried Maggie McFly's for the first time last week and I wasn't thrilled but it is worth another shot. Parking is a challenge but there is valet but the guys looked like they hadn't a clue what to do. The service was good - nothing exceptional. One of the folks in our party of 3 sent their meal back (I think it was the mussel soup). I had the burger with brie and bacon with sweet potato fries and it was fine - would have liked the fries hot. We split a carrot cake which was okay. Loved that atmosphere and the staff were nice. I really liked the fact that we were not rushed and this was a Thursday night.

• Visited March 2013

Hartford, Connecticut
“Just average”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Went with a party of 13. Was expecting something smaller and Irish. Instead its a large place with a menu that is huge. Food was just OK - bland it almost everyone's opinion. Didn't find the prices awful.

• Visited March 2013
Middletown, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I had a wonderful dinner!”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Based upon other reviews, I was expecting the worst. To my surprise, my ahi tuna salad was outstanding. Service was very quick, Sean, our waiter was right on top of things and whom I think was the manager, stopped by our table more than once to check on us. It was very noisy and difficult to talk to my 2 friends but despite this, I will definitely go back there for another ahi tuna salad.

• Visited February 2013
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“I'll be back...”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Our party of 6 arrived around 5:30pm and we were seated right away (5 adults, 1 kid). We really liked the new look of the place, having last been inside when it was Houlihan's. They swapped the bar over from one side of the room to the other. Everything inside looked more high-end, but they didn't touch the bathrooms, and it showed. The doors on the stalls of the ladies room have really taken a beating. One was held up with duct tape. Not a good look. The paper dispenser inside the wall was falling off the wall. It was clean though, which for me is the most important thing.

The service was prompt and polite. Our waiter was very helpful in making recommendations and making sure we knew that since things are cooked to order, they can accommodate the picky people in our group who didn't like one thing or another. The drink service was a little weird, with the bar order arriving before soda though by about 5 minutes.

The menu was HUGE. REALLY HUGE. It was so big I was a little worried about how good the food would be, knowing they were cooking so many different things. Thankfully, this wasn't a problem.

Food timing was a little off. We had either almost or just barely finished appetizers when food started showing up - and then one entrée was missing...for a while. However, when it did come, the server took the order off the bill for us without us even raising a fuss over it. Everyone seemed to enjoy their order - 4 of the 6 got burgers cooked exactly as ordered. I can't remember the other 2 orders now since it's been a couple of weeks.

I will say that this place is incredibly LOUD. We noticed it right off when we got in, and while the restaurant was over 1/2 full when we arrived, it sounded like there were an extra hundred people running around. Everything seems to echo.

I think we'll go back again and try it out. The food was definitely worth another go.

• Visited January 2013
Suffield, Connecticut
“Are you kidding me?”
Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

Went here for a business lunch today. The place was bright, cheerie and we were seated quickly. The service was good. Now for the bad news. The menu is like a Russian novel. Way too large and overwhelming. I ordered fish and chips which came remarkably fast. The chips tasted more like wood than potatoes and were soggy, no excuse. The fish was thin and I asked the server what type of fish it was and she said it was cod. My butt! It was more than likely that favorite farm raised fish that is fed on the feces of other farm fish, Talapia. The green tea iced tea was so weak that it had no taste. Looks like this building will be empty again soon. There are too many other better places in town

4 Thank Bohica12