“Great New Year's Eve event”
Review of Pond House Grille - CLOSED

Pond House Grille
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Pond House Grille is a new pulse in the dining scene in Glastonbury. The New American Eclectic cuisine will delight your culinary senses. The focus is on fresh ingredients inspired from cuisines reaching the far corners of the globe. Although the food is the star of the show, we aim to provide you with a completely enjoyable experience from start to finish. Enjoy the culinary delights with a bottle of wine off of our carefully selected wine list or a trendy drink from the bar. All the while sitting comfortably in our dining room which is as eclectic and stylish as the food. Our porch will invite you to enjoy the beautiful weather with outside dining. Knowledgeable and attentive service will culminate this meal into one not soon forgotten.
Connecticut
“Great New Year's Eve event”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Ten of us (all couples in our early 50's) decided we wanted to go out on New Year's Eve instead of doing the usual house party. The Pond House had a dinner, dancing, open bar special so we decided to give it shot. It turned out to be a great evening! The bartenders and wait staff were excellent, the drinks were great, and the DJ was tons of fun. Dinner was a set menu with a choice of either filet or salmon - both were very good. While not inexpensive, the price was reasonable and we all had a great time. I would definitely go back for dinner and for next New Year's Eve!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank cab1118

Wethersfield, Connecticut, United States
“Inconsistent food, but they try hard”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I have been here a few times. Once the food was great but the server was incompetent. Another time the server couldn't have been more helpful, but the food was disappointing. Other times they get them both right. It's worth a try.

Wethersfield, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great brunch!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Had a wonderful brunch here- The pond house benedict was unique and amazing. They used corn bread and a crab cake with the poached egg and holandaise. I had my doubts, but wow! Great service, really good bloody mary!

1 Thank Pacinator
New Britain, Connecticut
“Average Saturday Night”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This was an average dining experience at best. My wife and I came for an early 5:30 dinner due to a show we had that evening. They sat us on a bench type seat with two tables next to us which they proceeded to seat diners at even though the restaurant was still 70% empty. Why do restaurants put people right on top of you when they have that many empty tables; it makes absolutely no sense. I started with clam chowder that arrived not hot or even warm but cold. Had to send it back. Next my wife had fried shrimp sticks which had very little dipping sauce. My main course was the pork chop which arrived with about an ounce of apple sauce. I requested another serving size shortly into my meal. My wife liked her salmon. When our meal was over we had a Groupon which I presented to our waiter. When he came back to our table he made a big production out of showing me what my bill actually was before the discount and what my bill was after the $100.00 discount. Did he really think he had to worry that I was going to tip him on the $9.47 remaining bill - how insulting. This is supposed to be an upscale restaurant and to treat your customers as if they're complete dopes was very insulting. We won't go back!

Hebron, Connecticut
“Wonderful evening”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stopped in early with friends and had a fantastic time here. Our server was wonderful, even running to get an empty glass for us to be able to pull a prank on a friend. She was attentive, yet gave us plenty of space as we talked and ate. Drinks were good and my friend was thrilled to get a free refill on her hot mulled cider.

As for the food...it was all that we hoped for! Our tastes ran the gamut from a basic hamburger to chicken, pork and filet mignon. All were cooked to perfection, good presentation with our choice of sides. Just one member of our party had room for dessert, and the bread pudding did not disappoint...we all tasted and it was a fitting end to a wonderful evening.

• Visited October 2013