“Nice place for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pond House Grille - CLOSED

Pond House Grille
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Pond House Grille is a new pulse in the dining scene in Glastonbury. The New American Eclectic cuisine will delight your culinary senses. The focus is on fresh ingredients inspired from cuisines reaching the far corners of the globe. Although the food is the star of the show, we aim to provide you with a completely enjoyable experience from start to finish. Enjoy the culinary delights with a bottle of wine off of our carefully selected wine list or a trendy drink from the bar. All the while sitting comfortably in our dining room which is as eclectic and stylish as the food. Our porch will invite you to enjoy the beautiful weather with outside dining. Knowledgeable and attentive service will culminate this meal into one not soon forgotten.
West Hartford CT
“Nice place for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I like the Pond House Grille. I don't love it, but I like it. Atmosphere is very cool, with tall ceiling and artistic touches. The semi-outdoor seating is a nice touch. Food is basically the same as Pond House in West Hartford, which I love. Why love one and not the other? Not sure. Last time out I had the scallops, which were tender and delicious.

• Visited June 2014

Glastonbury, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Where's the Crab Meat?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I had the Crab Avocado Salad for lunch at a cost of$13.85 earlier this week. The menu said the salad included "avocados with jumbo lump crab meat." It reality, it had about a half-teaspoon of tiny flecks of crab meat. Very sad offering for almost $14.00. In fairness, the service, the clam chowder, and the coffee were quite good.

1 Thank Al P
Connecticut
“Will not be a repeat customer”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Very disappointing experience. The food was more like a chain than a high end restaurant. I had the crab and avocado salad and I couldn't even find the crab. Our server tried to make things better, but she almost seemed apologetic about the limitations of the restaurant. Way over priced!

Manchester, Connecticut
“Easter brunch was incredibly overpriced($51 prepaid tax and tip)and lacked luster.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I have never had to pay for an entire meal upon making reservations with the tax and tip included. There was no complimentary mimosa or Bloody Mary to ease this overpriced meal. Everything but the omelet station tasted as if it were cooked yesterday . Dry and reheated. The staff was very pleasant . I will not return.

Queens, New York
“Aromatherapy at dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

A few nights ago a coworker and myself decided we needed a good dinner and time to unwind. I had never been to pond house grille but she raved about the restaurant the whole ride there. I went in with no expectations and boy was I surprised. Upon entering we were immediately seated by a courteous hostess. Although there were many groups in the vicinity, we were seated far enough that we could not hear the next group conversation.

Our waitress was very patient, she understood it was my first time and helped make the decisions easier for me. Even though we were waiting on a third person, she still stopped by and retrieved our order. In my past experience when the waiter knew you were waiting on someone they barely gave you the time of day. So this was refreshing to be treated as such. The drinks were refreshing, appetizers delicious, and the oil/ raspberry vinaigrette duping sauce was to die for. Finally dinner came and I was so stuffed on everything else I couldn't finish my juicy salmon. The night ended when our waitress brought over a liquid nitrogen aroma therapy bowl. I know this sounds super wired but it was so cool. Just imagine a cold smoke covering your table while the smell of ginger and smoke engulfs you.

In all it was a great experience and wonderful food. I am happy I made the trip.

1 Thank Java S