“A trendy Place with a nice Bar!”

J. Gilbert's Wood-Fired Steaks & Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
J. Gilbert's Wood-Fired Steaks & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 88 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Price range: US$31 - US$60
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main
Description: J. Gilbert's is an "upscale casual" steakhouse serving prime-aged beef cooked over a mesquite wood-fired grill. Guests enjoy various cuts of steak, fresh seafood (including award-winning crab cakes) & other house made favorites like the Maytag Blue potato chips & chocolate velvet cake. The cozy atmosphere includes fire side dining, rich wood, brick & soft lighting where you can enjoy dinner for two or host a large party. The extensive martini & wine list offers the perfect compliment to an excellent meal delivered with attentive service. J. Gilbert's is open for dinner seven days a week, beginning at 4pm. Reservations are highly recommended.
East Lyme, Connecticut
“A trendy Place with a nice Bar!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I really like going to J. Gilbert's restaurant in Glastonbury. It has one of the best bars and very good food. The place is always busy and humming!! A very popular spot in Glastonbury!! A place to be at for sure..!!

Visited May 2014

Glastonbury, CT
“Good mid-priced steakhouse”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

$39 for 8 oz filet with sides is a bargain compared to Morton's, Ruth's Chris, Max Downtown, Capital Grille. The is a good restaurant, and we go here often, but I would never give it 4 stars: no white tablecloths, no "professional" waitstaff - just kids, hardly any creativity on the menu, not on the same level as Max Downtown.

However, if you want to upscale from the chain steakhouses - this is a 4 restaurant chain - this is the spot.

Visited June 2014
USA
“Best Steak on the East Coast”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Believe it or not the best steak on the East Coast is in Glastonbury Connecticut. I wrote it and can barely believe it. It's become our go to couples night out and worth the couple of hours it takes for us to get there. Honestly I have yet to have a dish that wasn't extraordinary. The best of the bunch though is a wild mushroom in truffle butter side dish that comes with the steak. Easily in the top 5 things I've ever had.

This is an expensive restaurant but you leave feeling that every cent between the service, atmosphere and amazing food was very well spent.

• Visited April 2014
South Glastonbury, Connecticut
“GREAT STEAKHOUSE”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Dined at J. Gilberts for dinner. Menu is very broad with lots of variety for side dishes. My husband and I both had steak. I had a fabulous bone-in ribeye, he had a porterhouse. The ribeye was both juicy and very flavorful. My husband said the porterhouse was good, not great. He tasted my ribeye and said he should have ordered it instead.

• Visited June 2014
Vernon, Connecticut
“Melt in your mouth good”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is the first time my spouse and I have gone to the restaurant, we had to try it as our boys are always raving about it. The restaurant is very clean and has ambiance galore. It is pricey but well worth it! We were first served a warm bread with two spreads to choose from. While we waited for our appetizer we both had a margarita which was not too tart and was not at all watered down. Our first bit of food, we started out with their pretzel onion rings. They came crispy and hot with three choices of dipping sauces, all were fabulous. My husband and I both had the filet with scallops, both were tender and mouth watering, the best I've had in a very long time. I had the baked potatoe which was well cooked and the toppings plentiful. DH had the au gratin potatoes which had extra cheeses added and it was fantastic as well as the creamed corn with bacon. Again, pretty pricey but highly recommend for a special dinner. Reservations a must!

• Visited June 2014