“Best Breakfast place around”

Ken's Corner Breakfast & Lunch
Ranked #3 of 88 Restaurants in Glastonbury
East Hartford, Connecticut
“Best Breakfast place around”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Love Ken's!!!!! We have been going there almost every Sunday for15 years!!! Great service and great food. It's like family for my husband and I. Everyone knows your name and many of there items are grown locally!! They even grow their own herbs out front in the Summer!!!
After 8:30 there is usually a line but sooo well worth the wait!!! Run by a family who cares about you when you are there!!! Great French Pumpkin French toast In the Fall and Stuffed Nutella French Toadt is such a treat!!! Thanks to Ken, Sue, Mo, Ann, Ashley and everyone who works there!!! You guys rock!!!

• Visited July 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Ken's Corner - No Breakfast, Just Excuses”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The reason we stopped in was because of the good reviews. However, the reason we left (without any breakfast) was due to the downright horrid customer service.

Arrived around 10 am, late for us, but we understood the line. Waited about 20 minutes in line outside, waited in a second line once we got in there (right across from the rest rooms...YUCK). Finally got seated. Hello, anyone....could we have some coffee? 10 minutes. Coffee all around? Yes. When the waitress put the coffee down, we started to speak our order... I will be right back. 20 minutes later, we flagged a gal down...can you take our order...I am not your waitress...in a very loud rude tone. . Ok. So five minutes later, our waitress appeared. Sorry, I was covering out front and I had food to pick up. (Isn't that what waitresses do?) What kind of cereal do you have? Oh, I don't know if we have any. we have been on vacation. Left. Returned five minutes later with a basket of four cereals. Not very healthy choices she said. Sugar pops. Trix. Ok, never mind. I will have the French toast with Vermont maple syrup. Same for hubby. Our friends ordered eggs. Waited another 20 minutes. Back comes the waitress. Sorry, we are out of the Vermont maple syrup. She then added...we have been on vacation...and I said...that is not our fault. Already an hour in with no food, we decided to leave. Went to Panera's across the street and had some bagels, fruit and coffee. Should have done that first.

Think twice and eat before you go to Ken's Corner Slow Service, No Breakfast, Just Excuses.

• Visited July 2013
Bridgeport, CT
“Definitely worth the wait!”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

When we were told "there would be a line of people waiting," we figured "this must be the place!" After finding it and preparing to park, we noticed "no line!" That was because we were looking at the wrong door!! Then we saw the line! Fortunately, it wasn't too bad, but then we saw someone giving those in line cups of hot liquid! It was a delicious, creamy hot chocolate! We knew this was the place to be! The hot chocolate was the best ever and then the food was scrumptious! This was a breakfast to be admired, enjoyed and remembered! Although the place was full with diners waiting to be served, service was quick, professional, and without that feeling of "will you hurry up and finish - other people are waiting feeling! Definitely a great place to have breakfast!

• Visited March 2013
Manchester, Connecticut
“Delicious local breakfast!”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

My boyfriend and I started visiting Ken's for breakfast last summer, and we love it. The feeling inside is very family-oriented and welcoming. Even though there are very obvious regulars, the waitstaff makes you feel right at home, even if it's your first visit.

They have very simply menus with standard breakfast offerings, but there are also specials listed above the counter. I always stick to my "usual" but my boyfriend occasionally likes to try the specials, and so far they haven't disappointed us.

Our food is always delivered promptly, and the waitress (no matter which one) always checks on us just the right amount. The food is delicious, and while the coffee is average - after all, it IS a diner - I get a cup every time.

I've never visited on a weekday, but I know for sure that on the weekends you have to get there early, otherwise it starts getting mobbed at around 8:30am. I personally don't mind, because I always find that the busier the place, the better the food. Sunday you should especially be wary of, due to the just-out-of-church crowd which starts rolling in any time after 9am.

Outside seating is awesome in the summer - early mornings with the sun shining, a plate of delicious food in front of me, and a cup of coffee in my hand is my idea of perfection.

• Visited January 2013
dennis, Mass
“Great Local Breakfast Place”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Recently we have been having breakfast at several different restuarants. Ken's Corner is a great breakfast place that local love and we do too. Weekends are busy at Ken's so come early or be prepared to wait in a line that extends from the dining room, through the kitchen and out the front door. Ken plays music on outdoor speakers for those who have to start waiting in the parking lot. Nice touch.

So how is the food? First the coffee - it was very good and the waitess makes sure - several times - that your cup is filled . The food is also good. Nothing fancy but just plain good. You are getting your money's worth. We had omelets and waffles. The menu invites you to come back to try something else. Maybe that is why there are lines on the weekends.

• Visited February 2013