“Wonderful experience”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford South-Glastonbury
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Glastonbury
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This hotel is clean and a great price for the size of the rooms. We had a king suite, with a kitchen which had full-size appliances and a table to sit and eat. There were dishes and utensils. The room was quiet and the bed was very comfortable. Highly recommend this hotel!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Glastonbury-AreaGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford South-Glastonbury, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I'll start at the beginning. We were headed here as a sort of home base for our weekend at Six Flags New England. We brought our dog with us, because she enjoys getting out of the house as well. I called at 10am to inquire about an early check-in, and to ask that a pack n' play crib be brought to our room. The front desk agent that I spoke with said that we could probably check-in at 1:00, which seemed fair, but to call when were headed there. I called again at 11:30 (since we were about 90 minutes from the hotel), and she said that it would be just fine.
We arrived and our room was ready, however, the pack n' play nowhere to be found. I called the front desk, and the agent said they would "look around, and if they found one, they would send it up". We waited for about an hour, then headed out to the grocery store. When we returned I went by the lobby for some coffee. Every Homewood I've stayed in has had coffee readily available, 24 hours a day. Every coffee urn was empty, and there were six of them. The hot water urn had water, but it was cold. I asked the agent at the desk, he claimed to not know that they were empty, and said he didn't know how to fill them, but would see if he could figure it out. He told me that the property next door, also a Hilton property would have coffee. I walked next door, only to find that they wanted me to order coffee from the bar and pay for it. I walked back to the Homewood and informed the front desk agent. He said that someone from the other property was walking over to make some coffee. I asked again about the pack n' play crib, and was told that they didn't have any, even though I had requested one at 10am.
About an hour later we decided to try out the hotel pool, which was both crowded, and there was trash all around. We let the kids splash around a little, but when they were ready to get out there weren't any towels to be found.
Later that night, we started to get them room ready for bedtime. Then we get a knock on the door, they were apparently able to pull not one, but two pack n' play cribs, out of nowhere. We prepare those, then setup the sofa bed, which by the way has a mattress about 2" thick and 15-20 years old. The blanket for the sofa bed had two large holes in it, and one pillow. We slept through the night, without too much fuss.
The next morning we walk down to the lobby for the breakfast. There we find a few good selections, some eggs, cereal, muffins, and a few other things. The kids wanted cereal, but there wasn't any milk around, and the fruit bowl was empty. We found something else to eat and waited for someone from the kitchen to come out so we could tell them that it was running low. About 10 minutes later, a young gentleman came out and I told him of the missing items. He didn't reply and walked back into the kitchen. I was confused, did I do something wrong in letting him know? I watched as an older woman came out and refilled just about everything that didn't need to be refilled before they refilled the food that had been empty.
Our stay wasn't horrendous, but it defintely wasn't a good experience. We will not return to this hotel, which is unfortunate because it's in a good location, but the service is absolutely horrible. The employees don't seem to want to work, aren't trained properly, or need to be replaced. Hilton has standards that are supposed to be met to keep the brand, which this hotel fails miserably.

1  Thank CustomMadePaycation

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service and appointment and sincerely apologize for the disappointing impression we have made. We strive to provide quality service and accommodations and we will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience to best exemplify our brand-standard quality. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction. If we may be of any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact my offics directly.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The rooms are dated. Doesn't look clean. The toilet was broken, the pullout king sofa bed was broken and needed to be replaced. Billing was incorrect (different from what Expedia quoted). All these things were corrected by a great staff - very helpful and fixed the problems quickly. But should never have happened.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Glastonbury-AreaGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford South-Glastonbury, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are very pleased that the staff were able to consistently assist when needed. We do apologize for the issues with Expedia bookings and will work on our end to ensure future reservations do not have this problem. Thank you again.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Spent two weeks in this hotel (2 bedroom suite).

Mostly very friendly and helpful staff. Only average selection at breakfast. Very often had to ask for different items to be restacked / refilled. Quality of food at dinner was ok, but capacity of kitchen way too small for amount of people wanting to have dinner (same restacking issue as during breakfast). Master bedroom was run down quite a bit, one of the drawers of the dresser got jammed and it wouldn't go back in. So I pulled it back out and put it on the side (hoping this would be fixed in timely manner). It sat there until we moved out some 10 days later. Only auto-controlled A/C in living room and 2nd bedroom. Almost unable to sit on sofabed in living room as the cushions were totally worn out. Instead of three(!) large size flatscreen TVs I would be more than happy to trade in one of them for a comfortable sofa or sectional couch. In a hotel, where it is likely that people stay for more than just one or a couple of nights it should be possible to open a window in at least one of the rooms to get some fresh air. The same air is sort of recycled over and over again by just a mediocre A/C system. Business Center was equipped with only a printer, but no scanner (had to go to the Hilton Garden Inn next door).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the feedback. I see that you you enjoyed the team and some of the offerings but had some other areas that could have used improvement for your stay. These areas are noted and while we cannot change the hotel structure by changing windows, we can certainly look into the other upkeep areas you mentioned. Thank you again.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I was very surprised (in a good way) by my experience at Homewood Suites. The price and location were great, especially for my last minute booking. My room was extremely spacious and stocked with great applianced. The kitchen had pots/pans, a garbage disposal and a dishwasher. It was a great value and great room, will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your review. We are very pleased you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to your future visits to the area.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed in this hotel for two nights while attending a high school reunion in town. The location is convenient, very close to the highways and main street of Glastonbury. It's right across from Somerset Square, an upscale shopping area and there are restaurants close by.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. There were plenty of parking spaces surrounding the hotel.

Overall, the hotel is clean and neat, but is in need of some updating. There is dirty looking and tattered carpeting throughout. I don't think the carpets were, necessarily, dirty but appeared that way because they are old and worn.

My suite was very comfortable. The bed was super comfy and everything was very clean. It was very quiet, other than when doors slammed closed in the hallway. The water pressure in the shower was poor, but that was not a big issue for me.

Breakfast was fine but not great. There was a fairly good variety. Breakfast in the DC area at a competitor was so much better.

I'm giving it a 4 but it would be a 5 with updates and a better quality breakfast.

Room Tip: I requested a quiet area on a higher floor and was placed in the middle of a hallway. Limited AC an...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Glastonbury-AreaGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford South-Glastonbury, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for the thoughtful feedback on your stay. We are pleased that our staff continues to please our guests during their stays to be part of our family. We will look into these problem areas you have discussed to ensure we are doing everything possible to have you enjoy the best stay. We look forward to future visits to the area.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The staff was friendly and room was comfortable. Hotel shows some signs of wear (some worn carpets and furniture), but nothing overtly bad. Otherwise, it was a very pleasant stay. It is located in a convenient area with plenty of restaurants and has a nice fitness center and pool.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for the feedback and review. We appreciate that you enjoyed the staff interaction and will work to correct any problem areas to prevent our hotel from looking below our best.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glastonbury
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford
Hilton Hartford
Hilton Hartford
#2 of 12 in Hartford
Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford-Manchester
Residence Inn Hartford Manchester

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford South-Glastonbury? Share your experiences!