“Exactly what you want in a tasting”
Review of Miranda Vineyard

Miranda Vineyard
Ranked #5 of 8 things to do in Goshen
More attraction details
Owner description: Ideally located in the rolling Litchfield Hills near scenic two-lane highways, covered bridges, and antique shops. Its bright and airy tasting room and large exterior deck make an excellent place to sit, relax, have a glass of wine and enjoy the company of good friends. The Vineyard is two hours from New York City. A visit to the area with its famous autumn foliage, historic sights and many wineries makes a great day trip.
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I don't know enough about wine to be helpful about what is good and great. I'm sure there are other sites for to visit if that is what you want. However, i can tell you that Miranda Vineyard is a GREAT stop along the CT Vinyard Trail. On a busy Sunday our wait to get to the tasting was minimal. Beautiful tasting room, indoor seating area frequented by many, and they had a pleasant singer there with a guitar. GREAT ATMOSPHERE.

Our guide was not the owner, but boy did she know the product. Told us what we would be tasting, and what would go well with each. She was very pleasant and the vineyard is lucky to have her there.

Beautiful grounds, easy to find (although we like the challenge of finding some of the more hidden
places). We will return.

"mic"
"state"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We visited the Miranda Vineyard for an event. It is a typical set up. Wine tasting is directly in front as you enter and seating is to the left and also outdoors. It is small and pleasant. The vineyard makes an inviting backdrop to the wine. The woman that oversees the operation is the wife of the owner/builder/vinter. She is engaging and informative. The problem is the wine. As with most Connecticut wineries, it is underwhelming. This might have been the worst of the lot. We tried the white and the red. Both were below in quality of what you would expect from a family owned place. The white was a a bit sour but drinkable if very cold. The red had a bitter finish that did not sit well. When visiting a Connecticut winery go for the experience. The wine, not so much.

1  Thank ARJACT
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The wines at MIranda Vineyard are delicious. The hosts treat you like you are the most welcome visitor they could have and they want you to be comfortable and enjoy your visit. Sunday afternoons there is live music to sit and enjoy with your wine. Buy a bottle of your favorite wine, bring snacks/picnic lunch and enjoy the afternoon. If you don't have snacks you can purchase yummy chocolates and cheeses. In nice weather the deck is inviting with a view of the vineyards and seating. Fireplace for cooler days makes it cozy. Plenty of seating and a very enjoyable experience.

2  Thank HeidiH15
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I recently went to Miranda for the first time and I thoroughly enjoyed my time. To start, the location is perfect - beautiful place to enjoy a glass of wine! It is set back, off the main road, but not hard to find. They have a patio, seating inside as well as picnic tables outside (which is where I will be planting myself next time). My favorite wine was the rose, which I typically do not like. The reds and whites were also enjoyable - my other favorite being the merlot. The staff is what sealed the deal for me. Marilyn was super friendly and great to talk to. The owner, Maria, introduced herself and we spoke for a bit. She, too, was incredible. They both took time to chat with us and did not rush us. Overall, I highly recommend visiting this gem!

1  Thank KiraK99