“Just a perfect place”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Goshen
Mary Stuart House B & B
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Goshen
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were visiting my brother who lives in Goshen & with other family members coming from Canada --Mary's home was the perfect place to be . This is my 2nd visit & it's just like visiting your favorite aunty Mary's home just feels so homely & very comfortable .
Breakfast is amazing- something different every day so fresh & delicious !! Not to be missed !!!!
Thank you Mary for helping to create some more special family times .
C&H x

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cynshoes2014

Reviewed 21 December 2012

I, my sister, her kids, and mine took over all the rooms at Mary's B&B and it was like home. We didn't need breakfast the first day to which Mary responded, "Then I'll make an even better one tomorrow!" And she did. We sat down to breakfast and were fed fresh fruit, eggs, pancakes, quick breads, orange juice, coffee, tea...you name it. Mary encouraged us to run around the house as if it were ours and so we did. We couldn't have had a better stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank BetsyRider
Reviewed 27 December 2011

A charming old farmhouse with antiques and books everywhere. Mary Orlando is a wonderful hostess - quoting the New York Times' outstanding 2011 review "It’s a homey environment: children, grandchildren and neighbors rolled through while I was there, and Ms. Orlando struck the right balance between helpful and obtrusive." Don't expect luxury or snobbery, but you can count on a friendly and warm atmosphere where you can either quietly come and go or talk with Mary and your fellow travellers.

Room Tip: Just ask Mary about the pros and cons - most are shared baths. There's a tiny room above the sta...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank tom c
Reviewed 22 December 2011

My husband and I had a good time.
This place was very cute and cozy.
WE were very glad to stay here.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Basiltofu
Reviewed 14 November 2010

My husband and I took a 4 day trip to CT and stayed with Mary based on positive reviews. Mary and her family were extremely welcoming and their historic home was warm and very cozy! They even let us use the adjoining room to the Country Room free of charge: a great bonus as we liked to spread out a bit.

If you're looking for a bed and breakfast with the bare essentials: warm bed, friendly folks, and none of that perfumed fluff you find at other B&Bs, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JL3255
Reviewed 27 October 2008

Mary is a warm and wonderful hostess. My husband and I intend to visit again as much for the get away together, as to visit Mary again. We slept like babies and enjoyed the country farm house immensely. Everything was clean and wonderful. I would recommend this stay to any down to Earth person who would enjoy time in front of a fireplace or a walk around the garden.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank MAMACHELE
Reviewed 30 December 2007

Located at the edge of the Berkshires, Mary Stuart B&B is a completely
charming experience with a wonderful owner/operator, Mary Orlando. Mary runs the facility in a homestead that's been in her family since the 1940's. Driving in the mountains of Western Connecticut are a treat, particularly in the fall, but the scenery is spectacular year-round. Nearby are sports for all seasons -- hiking trails abound, boating is almost in the back yard, Mohawk ski area is five miles away, area golf is plentiful, plus world class fly fishing in the nearby rivers is within ten miles. Great place, great location, great B & B, what's not to like?

Stayed: June 2007
3  Thank MojoNorm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goshen
The Litchfield Inn, BW Premier Collection
Avon Old Farms Hotel
White Hart Inn
White Hart Inn
#1 of 1 in Salisbury
Interlaken Inn
Interlaken Inn
#1 of 1 in Lakeville

Been to Mary Stuart House B & B? Share your experiences!