“Great Escape Even in the Winter”

Delamar Greenwich Harbor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Greenwich
Connecticut
“Great Escape Even in the Winter”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I just got back from a night away at the Delamar and had another wonderful stay! We booked a romance package as a Valentines Day trip. We both had treatments at the spa. My husband raved about his massage and he's usually very critical. I had a facial and it was wonderful! Very relaxing but also beneficial for my sensitive skin. It's a smalller spa but they still offer nice amenities like a locker room and relaxation room. The staff was very friendly and welcoming.
Our room was nicely appointed and very comfortable. Although its been a warm February it was still too cold to use the table and chairs on our outdoor balcony that we enjoyed during our stay in the summer of 2010. The in-room toiletries were Elemis which is the line they use at the spa. It makes so much sense when hotels use the same products in the rooms as they do at spa. I always like when there is continuity throughout the property. The bed was very comfortable.
We had dinner and breakfast the next morning at L'Escale. Both were excellent for food and service.
As a whole the hotel has excellent service from the front desk to housekeeping and anyone in between. We felt like they genuinely appreciated our patronage.
It's a great location at the Greenwich Harbor and walking distance from the shopping on Greenwich Ave. Now that we've stayed in the summer and winter we can say its a great escape in New England any time of year.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbor view room.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bbhayes21
Delamar1, General Manager at Delamar Greenwich Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Thank you very much for writing another great review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your second visit to Delamar, and look forward to many more!
Best Regards,
Daniel Coggins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We were searching for a quick and easy getaway from Manhattan over New Year's weekend with our 2yr old. We found the Delamar in Greenwich Conn, just 40 min by metro north. It is a lovely and small hotel right on the water.Staff is very low key and friendly, beyond helpful. Always will to accommodate and with a smile. Rooms are on the small side but elegantly decorated and Bulgari products in the marble bathroom. Also room is spotless. We stayed on the Belvedere floor that had snacks and candy and coffee all day and wine and cheese in the evening, a nice compliment.
The New Year Celebration was great, a small jazz band provided entertainment. Balloons hats and noisemakers rounded out the festive atmosphere.
Very close by on Greenwich Ave are shops and restaurants. We will definitely be back to enjoy this close by relaxing Hotel.

Room Tip: The Belvedere rooms offer snacks and drinks
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
New York
Reviewed 1 January 2012

The Delamar is something truly special. I have stayed in many hotels throughout the world and this one holds a very special place in my heart.
I have had the pleasure of visiting the Delamar many times over and I always have the same feeling of not wanting to leave.
It is welcoming, comfortable, charming, beautiful and equipped with a staff that could not go more out of their way for you. From all the accommodating men when you pull in, to the lovely ladies at the front desk, to the very kind housekeeping staff on board, the beautiful spa and it's staff, a restaurant not to be missed to a truly hospitable manager named Sedek. You will always find him with a warm greeting at the same time as going over and above to make sure his guests are content and happy.
The beauty of the place speaks for itself.
You will want to return many times over once you have the pleasure of staying at this lovely hotel.

Room Tip: The Harbour side is beautiful.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank BlakeNewYork
Oxford England
Reviewed 21 December 2011

We stayed here for four nights and used the hotel as a base to travel Connecticut and to get to NYC by train. The hotel is as good as it looks in the brochures. The rooms are large and well maintained and the common areas are well decorated and well looked after. The staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel has an adjoining restaurant. We didn't eat there but we did use the bar which was just fine. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Yukon, Oklahoma
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I recently spent two nights at the Delamar... Unfortunately, it was a business trip.. This was a very fancy and unique hotel... I would love to spend a weekend here for leisure with my wife... The staff was very accomodating and helpful.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Connecticut
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Been waiting for the right hotel to come on Snique Away and when the Delamar was there I had to jump on it. Living 10 minutes away made it an ideal location for a one night stay for the GFs Bday. It was a great suprise and the Hotel is beautiful! I had never been inside before but it felt more like a room in a mansion than a hotel. I checked in to decorate the room at 4 pm and when I got back from dinner around 8 the bed had been turned down and the bottle of wine was in a huge bucket of ice and the Ice box was filled! This was the best thing that could have happened because I did not know where the ice was located when I left!

Needless to say Dana loved the suprise and the view from the balcony looking over the water and the yachts docked right outside.

Also, at 5pm I got a call to the room letting me know that Wine and Cheese was being served in the lobby. When I left for dinner, there a pianist playing as well.

Thank you to the Valet for picking up my fleece that i dropped in the parking lot! I would have been in a lot of trouble if i lost it!

Room Tip: The Balcony will be worth it as the town view rooms really do not have a view at all
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
rockville centre, ny
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Hubby and I stayed at this beautiful harbor front hotel last weekend.
It was for my 60th birthday...there was a split of champagne for us in our concierge 4th floor harbor view room.
Everyone at the hotel is a delight and very helpful.
They also have a shuttle to take you into town to shop or to a restaurant.
We had a wonderful dinner at Valbella in Old Greenwich.
All in all, we will go back.

Room Tip: concierge floor gives you wine and cheese before dinner; breakfast in the morning. A nice touch.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwich
The J House Greenwich
#1 of 2 in Rye Brook
Hotel Zero Degrees
Hotel Zero Degrees
#4 of 14 in Stamford

Been to Delamar Greenwich Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!