“Beautiful hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Greenwich
Daragh4
“Beautiful hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

My husband and I recently spent some time at this hotel and were very impressed with both the staff and everything provided. The hotel is beautiful, right on the water with a great view of the harbor. The restaurant has excellent sea food and the staff is very friendly and helpful. We will definitely visit again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Delamar1, General Manager at Delamar Greenwich Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back to Delamar Greenwich Harbor soon!
Daniel Coggins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

We came here to celebrate a friend's wedding. Upon arrival we were greeted to valet parking, assistance with our bags, bottle water, a glass of champagne and mostly importantly a seamless checkin. Once in our balcony room facing the harbor we quickly began to relax and enjoy our peaceful surroundings.
The hotel has free wifi, complimentary continental breakfast served on the weekends and a complimentary harbor cruise on their boat named "Prudence".
There is also Spa services and a wine and cheese reception. What else do you need! Ok there is great great less than a mile away. A great weekend getaway. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Request a room facing the harbor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for your excellent review of Delamar Greenwich Harbor. Our staff work tremendously hard to deliver a warm, inviting and enjoyable experience and I will congratulate them for their efforts. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed at the last minute to break up a long drive on Labor Day weekend. The staff was welcoming and accommodating. They gave me a very nice room with a balcony and pro-actively offered me water on arrival, coffee in the lobby the next morning and even transportation. While I did go to the bar on this trip, I have been there previously and really enjoyed cocktails and appetizers.

Room Tip: As for a balcony!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Delamar1, General Manager at Delamar Greenwich Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you very much for the great review. We hope next visit you can stay a little longer and enjoy all Greenwich has to offer!
milford, ct
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I were not able to get away on a long vacation for our "babymoon" so we decided to get away for one night at the Delamar in Greenwich, CT. It was such a great experience for us. The hotel is so nice and the customer service and staff were so friendly and accommodating. As soon as we walked in, we were offered a beverage choice of water and champagne. Since we booked the trip last minute, we were not able to get a harborview room that everyone raves about because those were sold out, but we were not at all disappointed by our room. It was a lovely room and the shower was amazing!! The water pressure, temperature, and showerhead were perfect....I never wanted to leave the shower....haha. In addition to the room, we bought the "A True Rejuvenation" package. This package came with:

A 60-minute Delamar massage or Elemis facial at the Spa at the Delamar for each guest
$40 credit towards breakfast in l'escale restaurant
20% off additional treatments or products in the Spa
Bottle of champagne and truffles in room
Guaranteed early check-in of 2pm
Guaranteed late check-out of 12pm
Welcome drink at check-in
Luxury gift as memento of your stay

I even asked to customize the package a little bit...such as upgrading my massage to a prenatal massage and instead of truffles in the room, I wanted chocolate covered strawberries. They were very accommodating. They even gave us a bottle of sparkling cider on top of our champagne so that my husband and I could toast to our pregnancy. The room was fully prepared for us when we walked in....champagne and sparkling drink chilling in ice, Chocolate covered strawberries waiting to be eaten which were delicious by the way, and even my name was on the TV screen. The luxury gift was a nice makeup/toiletries bag filled with products from the spa. So nice!! This leads me to the next thing I'd like to rave about... The SPA.... I do not have enough nice things to say about this spa. The prenatal massage I received was the best I've received in my pregnancy and I've gotten quite a few massages. The lady who did my massage was so nice and she really gave such a perfect massage. My husband and I were able to get massages side by side which was nice. I was so relaxed after that massage.

Later on, we had a nice dinner outside on the dock at their restaurant L'escale. My husband and I really enjoyed the food and sitting outside. He got the salmon and I got the chicken. For dessert, he got some banana foster dish and I got a peach cobbler. Both were excellent. Service was a little slow, but very pleasant. In the morning, we had breakfast from L'escale delivered to our room. The breakfast was the only thing that was disappointing in this trip. The scrambled eggs were so runny and the banana pancakes were not very good. And they didn't give us ketchup or salt and pepper. My husband did go downstairs to the hotels free continental breakfast and picked up some of that food and that was very good. Oh and also, in their lounge in the front of the hotel, my husband LOVED that coffee machine. It was a machine that made coffee, espresso, lattes, hot chocolate, tea. He kept going back to try all the different types of coffee. Lastly, we went on the harbor tour on the boat whisper that was gree and that was really nice even though it got cut short due to the weather. The tour guide was really nice and funny!!

All in all, this hotel really was amazing. I would highly recommend this to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
We are so happy you enjoyed your 'babymoon' getaway at Delamar Greenwich Harbor! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy, we hope to be your future respite when you need time away from the kids!
Warm Regards,
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I read the other reviews on Trip Advisor, and I can confidently say that our experience was quite different with regard to service.

The hotel is located in Greenwich Harbor and the building itself has a European feel to it. A lot of Earthy tones and an upscale, old-world feel to it. We booked a harbor view room with a balcony.

PROS:

-Staff: I found the hotel staff to be wonderful. When we checked in, the girls at the front desk could not have been sweeter. They were very polite and poured us some champagne. They were outgoing and friendly.

-Spa: Super clean! Great lighting. Massage was excellent. The Spa was even offering a complimentary 20 minutes to any massage. What a great bonus! Book an hour massage and it lasts for an hour and 20 minutes! We've been to a lot of Spas, and this one was certainly one of the more organized and well managed.

-Location: You are a 5 minutes walk from the main street that has tons of shopping. Ralph Lauren, Sephora, Gap, J Crew, etc. The entire street is lined with great shopping and it's merely steps from the hotel.

-Rooms: Clean. Well designed. A very nice stay!

-Parking: Parking is included at the hotel and has valet service.

CONS:

-Valet: We pulled up to the hotel which didn't appear too crowded. We just parked at the valet and waited. Now, we didn't mind too much, but be warned that if you're the type of person who expects to have someone waiting there to take your car, you would have been disappointed. We actually ended up getting out and walking into the hotel before the valet came along. I'm sure he was busy at the moment, but just keep that in mind.

-View: You are situated on a harbor. It is a harbor view room. You see some yachts and some old guys fishing in the early morning. Also, if you're familiar with harbors... at low tide, it can sometimes smell... well... harbor-y. It's not a pleasant smell. It's familiar to me, having grown up close to the water, but for others it may be a turn off.

-Breakfast: For such a nice place, I would have expected more. They had juice, some pieces of fruit, granola bars, and some not-so-fresh pastries. I have stayed in some Holiday Inns and other less expensive hotels and they manage to turn out some great breakfasts, included with your stay. The Delamar could seriously improve here. I was not impressed. Though the coffee machine in the lobby was nice, as it ground the beans for you. I could not locate any creamer, and maybe that's because the hotel has a European feel, where they seldom use cold creamer. Maybe I missed the location of the creamer when I made coffee.

OVERALL:

It's a nice weekend getaway. I've been to more luxurious hotels around the world. If you're visiting Greenwich, you should consider staying here. There also appears to be quick access to Island Ferries. We did take a Ferry, but I wish we had.

They have all sorts of packages, which include many amenities. I was close to booking one (the Romance one), but given the amount of time we actually spent in the room, I'm glad I did not.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PeterCrisano
Thank you for your great review of Delamar Greenwich Harbor! We pride ourselves on trying to deliver genuinely warm hospitality and I will congratulate our staff for their efforts. We strive to constantly improve all areas of the hotel, and we are delighted your experience in our spa was so positive as we have worked particularly hard to enhance this experience. With regards to the lobby breakfast, I agree this is somewhat limited (by design) as it is more a 'grab and go' concept for those who need something quick. We do offer a full gourmet breakfast in Lescale restaurant for those guests looking for something more substantial. That said, I will definitely look into enhancing this offering. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
North Haledon, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

We loved this hotel. It is clean bright and beautifully decorated. The service is great, friendly and look to make your stay the best it can be. My wife and we the on site spa where we had the best massages we've erver had. We had an excellent dinner at the Le Scale restaurant which is adjacent to the Delamar.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you very much for your excellent review of Delamar Greenwich Harbor. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and visit to our Spa and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Best regards,
Pelham, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

we were lucky enough to find a room after hurricane sandy hit us what a pleasure to be in such a beautiful hotel we were treated grandly and our cat milo was also welcomed the room was immaculate and beautiful the restaurant was elegant and the food was excellent it was a treat for our family we will continue to visit for mini vacations

Room Tip: get a room overlooking the water with a balcony
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Delamar1, General Manager at Delamar Greenwich Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thank you for your kind review. Storm Sandy was indeed a very difficult time for the many people who suffered damage to their homes. We were delighted to be able to assist our community during that time and it was particularly nice to accomodate, and get to know, local residents who otherwise wouldnt necessarily have stayed with us. We look forward to welcoming you back or your family and friends when they travel to Greenwich in the future.
Warm Regards,
Daniel Coggins
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwich
The J House Greenwich
#3 of 3 in Greenwich
Doral Arrowwood
Doral Arrowwood
#1 of 2 in Rye Brook

Been to Delamar Greenwich Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!