“A very classy yet relaxed hotel in a lovely waterside position.”

Delamar Greenwich Harbor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Greenwich
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This hotel reeks of old-world class & yet the atmosphere is very relaxed. We have stayed here twice, for 16 nights in 2012 and for 9 nights in 2014. First time we were in an executive harbour view room. This was reasonably spacious, with a sumptuous en-suite & a balcony giving superb views of the harbour front & the billionaires yachts below. This last time we had the Executive Harbour View suite - wonderful 850 square foot of space with 2 bathrooms and a large balcony or terrace.

Both these rooms were on the 4th 'executive' floor wherein is provided free coffee, teas, bottled water & nibbles & fruit all day, plus breakfast fare in the morning & wine & cheese in the early evening. This makes for so relaxing a time.

The standard of decor & furnishings are those of a 'Great Small Hotel of the World' within which class this should be counted.

The staff could not be more helpful, understanding & prompt.

The restaurant is almost semi-detached in that one either has to walk outside or up and down some stairs to get to it; however it is well worth it - excellent Provençal food. Its very high reputation as an external restaurant is clear from the fact that each evening its (separate) car park sports Ferraris, Lamborghinis & Bentley's as well as all the usual Mercs, Lexus, & BMWs.

It is a couple of hundred yards the bottom of Greenwich Avenue - the Rodeo Drive of the East Coast; on the way one passes Greenwich Railway Station from which iTunes a very frequent train service to Grand Central NYC about 40 minutes away.

It is not cheap, and it is very up-market in its clientele, but I do not think I have ever stayed in a more relaxed, yet efficient hotel, nor one I've enjoyed more.

• Stayed: July 2014
Delamar1, General Manager at Delamar Greenwich Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for writing such an outstanding review of Delamar Greenwich Harbor. We are delighted your second visit was as good as your last and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future. Thank you for choosing Delamar.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The property, location and rooms are very nice. At check in, I was offered a bottle of water, which I declined. I didn't know then that they offer champagne, but I saw the bottle and glasses behind the desk. I wasn't offered the champagne. I checked in at 9 pm, and put in a room service order at 9:30 with a woman who answered the phone. I had been driving about 5 hours, and hadn't eaten. At 10:50, room service had not arrived, so I called again. They had no record of my order. The kitchen had closed at 10, so I was out of luck, and unhappy. The man who came on the line after a 10 minute hold said I could get breakfast in the morning. This ruined my single night stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank dpaulstanford

Thank you for sharing your review of our Delamar Greenwich Harbor. Please accept my sincere apologies for the lost room service order. I will be sharing your feedback with the restaurant team to ensure this does not happen again in the future. I do believe this is not typical of one's stay at Delamar and I urge you to contact me directly to discuss further.
Best Regards
203-413-3514

Reviewed 7 July 2014

As a self proclaimed hotel snob the Delamar blew me away. From a perfect check in (champagne offered at check in!) to amazing views and to an even more gorgeous room the Delamar is near perfect! I cannot wait to go back in September

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Delamar1, General Manager at Delamar Greenwich Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for contributing such a wonderful review. We are delighted we exceeded your expectations and we look forward to your next visit in September.
Thanks again!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here 4th of July weekend for a quick getaway from NYC. It was a great location and quite picturesque (I recommend the harbor view room). The on-site restaurant, L'Escale, was very good, as was the spa (great massage). The only thing I would say is that the front-desk staff was a little disorganized. We had to wait quite a while to check in (they did give us champagne while we waited!), they didn't know much about local restaurants, and they happened to be all out of beach towels, when we wanted to take the ferry to the beach. The only other issue was that it seems like kind of a family hotel--we were across the hall from 4 very lively 10-ish year-old boys who liked to race up and down the halls. Oof! Totally fine if that's what you're looking for though. Overall, I'd give it a B+.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent visit to Delamar Greenwich Harbor. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, spa services and L'escale restaurant. Please accept our apologies for the slower check-in during such a busy holiday weekend. We strive to deliver the best in hospitality and obviously consistency is a huge part of what we do - we will certainly use your feedback and redouble our efforts to achieve this goal. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I previously wrote a review on May 13, 2013. My husband and I stayed at the Delamar in May 2014 for our anniversary (as we've done the last four years), and our 11 year old golden retriever joined us. As always, the staff was wonderful - very welcoming, congratulated us on our anniversary, and had extra goodies for the dog. I used the spa for the first time this year. The services were excellent.

My 2013 review had more detail, and it's all still applicable.

Thanks, Delamar!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing another fantastic review of Delamar Greenwich Harbor. We are delighted you continue to choose our hotel when you travel to Greenwich, and we cant wait to welcome you back again soon.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2014

stayed on the hotel as part of business trip.
the hotel is located on the water, nice view from most of the rooms.
very quite.
rooms are big and they have all what you need.
service is very good.

improving from time to time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank yaron_13

Thanks for the great review of Delamar Greenwich Harbor. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a nice, very European-style hotel in a lovely waterfront setting. My husband and I booked the rejuvenation package, which includes a massage for each of us, breakfast, a bottle of champagne, and chocolates. The service was exceptional, the room large and comfortable, and although we only live 45 minutes away, it felt like a real break from the stresses of daily life. Our room overlooked the water inlet and we could see the ferry boats coming and going. It was nice to be able to walk to everything. The restaurant was very good and the outdoor seating pleasant, although the food is expensive. There are lots of good places to eat within walking distance.

Room Tip: Definitely get a water view room. It is worth the extra cost.