“What a wonderful stay!!!”
Review of Homestead Inn

Homestead Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Greenwich
Greenwich, Connecticut
“What a wonderful stay!!!”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

What a great place.
My Wife and I had a wonderful stay at the Homestead Inn. After arriving on a snowy evening in December we were heartly greeted by the front of house staff and shown to our room in the main building. It was a beautifully decorated and well maintained room.
Later that evening we had an excellent dinner at the restaurant Thomas Henkelmanns. The food was outstandingly good (I am still dreaming of the Trio of Foie gras!!!). We ended the evening in the hotel bar, where Astley the bartender did a great job to fulfill our wishes.
After a relaxing and quiet night we enjoyed the breakfast in the morning and felt already sorry the we had to leave the place.
We will definitely come back!!!
Thanks to the staff of The Homestead Inn!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We had a magical night at the Homestead Inn. My fiance and I went there in December for a little romantic getaway in the stress of the Christmas season. The location is quiet and off the busy streets of Greenwich. We arrived on a Wednesday evening; everything was covered in snow and looked just magical. We had an excellent meal at Thomas Henkelmanns and spent the night in a wonderfully decorated room in the Inn. It's a little bit pricey but its worth every single dollar. Once you are there all your stress falls off and you can relax. Thanks to the whole staff working there on that evening!! You made our stay special. We will definitely come back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building...and don't forget to have a drink at the bar.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I have visited Homestead Inn several times over the past several years and I can't wait to return. When you arrive, you will probably be greeted by Theresa Henkelmann, the owner. Theresa is always gracious and accommodating, as is every member of her staff. The guest rooms are absolutely charming! I have stayed in several. Each bed I have slept in has been incredibly comfortable. I believe they are the luxurious Duxiana beds. And what a treat it is
to be sleeping between soft luxurious sheets and not the stiff sheets you find at most hotels.
It is clear from the attention that has been given to the Inn, that Theresa cares about her guests and wants them to enjoy every aspect of their stay.
The grounds are lovely, with beautiful gardens blooming Spring through Fall.
If you visit during the warmer season, there is a veranda on which you will be drawn to sit to read your book, enjoy cocktails, or just day dream. There is usually a lovely breeze and it is
only Thomas Henkelmann's outstanding food that entices you to go indoors. However, now that there is a bar menu, you have the choice of remaining on the Veranda or dining inside.
In the restaurant, Thomas Henkelmann, there are several tables overlooking the gardens, and a fireplace for the colder months. If you haven't eaten in Thomas Henkelmann's restaurant, you are in for quite a culinary experience. Thomas is an extraordinarily talented world renowned Master Chef and his food is absolutely superb! I can't wait to return!
If you are unfamiliar with the area, the Inn is located in the most desirable area in Greenwich.
You will find the Inn location a short walk (or cab ride) to downtown Greenwich. On Greenwich Avenue you will find many familiar and upscale stores.
If you are coming to the area, the only place to stay is Homestead Inn. It's a gem!

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank A Very Particul... T
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I come here often. I have made friends with the bartender and valet and now know the proprietors. This place is the genuine article. You are pampered from the minute you arrive. Rooms are divinely immaculate and the food is consistently amazing. There is also a menu for the patio now! Drinks outside with a warm breeze and a book or good company cannot be beat.

You can tell a quality place by their staff and the staff turn over here is low. I recognize the same people time and again. Feels very comfortable while achieving a high level of service.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms - every room is a room you wish were in your home. The owners should be desig...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Palos Verdes Estates, California
Reviewed 16 December 2013

The warm welcome from Theresa Henkelmann and her staff is just the beginning of a beautiful experience at the Homestead Inn. The decor is glorious with an art collection that wows in every room. The beds are heavenly with luxurious sheets, fluffy pillows and even the tiniest imaginable detail of a guest's needs are thought of and attended to. Dinner in the beautifully appointed dining room takes fine cuisine to a sublime level. Thomas Henkelmann is a master chef with a magnificently trained staff who make the dining experience feel like grand opera. A cocktail in the cozy bar with barman/host Astley is a delightful way to begin or end a perfect evening. You are truly made to feel "at home" even though my home doesn't feel quite as divine. As the snow was gently falling on the cedars lit for Christmas, we felt so sad to leave this magical experience. Thank you Theresa, Thomas, Astley and all the wonderful staff of the Homestead Inn for a spectacular holiday! We'll be back!!

Room Tip: Each room is uniquely decorated but each one is beautiful. You will not be disappointed.
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I moved away from New York - Connecticut 14 years ago. I lived there ALL my life. When I visit from South Florida I always stay at the Homestead Inn. And I couldn't ask for finer accommodations. Everyone is great. Waking up to breakfast or brunch is the best way to start my day and when I treat myself to lunch or dinner - each dining experience is sublime. Thomas is awesome!
You can't compare the hotel accommodations with anywhere else. Homestead Inn is in a league of their own. Theresa is quite personable - always putting me at ease since its stressful visiting what was once home but is no longer is.
I am planning my next visit and I won't be disappointed if I get snowed in.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bobby914
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed 10 December 2013

My go-to spot for special occasions, meeting old friends, a recommendation for visitors. Both the hotel and the restaurant are flawless, all the unique details contribute to an overall experience of being somewhere curated with passion and care. Theresa Henkelmann oversees an excellent, memorable staff at the hotel (Astley the bartender is reason enough to enjoy a drink in the sumptuous, intimate bar) and Thomas Henkelmann has developed a menu of perfectly conceived dishes in both flavor and portion - so many times I've felt that I've gorged but miraculously without feeling stuffed. It's a classic, one-of-a-kind place that never disappoints!

Room Tip: all the rooms are great, but I like the "Inn Between" rooms best.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank FernGully2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwich
Delamar Greenwich Harbor Hotel
#2 of 2 in Rye Brook
Hotel Zero Degrees
Hotel Zero Degrees
#4 of 14 in Stamford

Been to Homestead Inn? Share your experiences!