All reviewsnew englandyogurtmade to order eggsbed and breakfastgreenwich avenuemini reuniongracious hostsrooms are lovelymaintained propertyhome townwithin walking distancecozy roombaked goodslovely homehot breakfasteach morningcouple of nights
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Stayed 2 nights. Very quiet and super comfortable. Extremely clean. Price per night was very reasonable for the area. The breakfast was all cold items, fruit, bread, cereal and yogurt. Some hot items would have been nice but all in all we really liked staying there.
Would stay there again if I visit that area.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I'm grateful to have found this place - I used it for business travel during the week, but it would have been just as good a choice for any purpose. My room was very large, and very nicely furnished, and in period style, making for a very relaxing atmosphere.

This place is so far superior to your usual hotel experience! Personal greetings, relaxed atmosphere, spacious rooms, very comfortable bed, and a wonderful breakfast. Walking distance to Greenwich shopping and only a bit further to the harbor.

I'd recommend this place to anyone, whether they were looking for a B&B or a hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Capeman228
Reviewed 27 September 2011

My sister and I have stayed at the Stanton House numerous times when we return to our home town. It always meets our expectations for cleanliness, comfort ,(beds and surroundings). We have come in all seasons. Breakfast is good and served in a welcoming dining room. The grounds around this venerable,old house and the house itself are well maintained and all is welcoming. It is the closest we can come to being home in our old town. Staff, owners and the house itself make it all work.
Elizabeth H.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We count ourselves very fortunate to have found this wonderful B and B . We had read a host of great reviews on Trip Adviser but were worried by the one report of a poor bed and towels . Frankly we found the complete opposite . Our room was large and airy , the bed was kingsized and comfortable and all spotlessly clean .We had as many towels as we wanted and the bathroom was fine .
The owners take a great deal of interest in making sure that the stay is as comfortable as possible . They have lots of information about the area and nothing was too much trouble for them . They arranged for car hire , clubs storage and advised on directions for our trips .
Of course the greatest asset of the Inn is its location . Just a walk away from Greenwich Avenue .Subsequently we found that several of our business contacts from outside the area chose to stay here rather than experience the impersonal service and facilities of the large hotel chains . We will return !

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 32 which we were advised had earlier received a bad review . We slept there for 15 hours after an overnight flight
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert J
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I have had the great pleasure of being a guest at the Stanton House in Greenwich many times. I say "guest" because that is the feeling of staying at this lovingly restored historic home in town. There is grace and charm here - both in the beautifully decorated rooms, and the welcome and care from the family staff/proprietors.
If you need chic modern or the Ritz, stay somewhere else. I opt for the beauty, comfort and care I find here time after time.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo